• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Surprised Kuridrani and Tuttle got the nods over DP and Magnay. Massive challenge for a sizeable but relatively raw backline against the brains, speed and size combos of lealiifano, To'omua, tk, Ahwong, speight and toua

Is Speight back? I thought he was out injured from the Sevens training for a while. Agreed that Taefu and Tuttle will have their hands full, I hope that McIntyre has been working on getting the backline firing. Kuridrani has a chance to push his case after not being seen for a while.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
meant tomane not speight!

Would have like to see DP at 12 or 15 as it brings in a 2nd playmaker to unlock kerevi and nabuli. Taefu is apparently one but didn't see any of it in his earlier chances.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
meant tomane not speight!

Would have like to see DP at 12 or 15 as it brings in a 2nd playmaker to unlock kerevi and nabuli. Taefu is apparently one but didn't see any of it in his earlier chances.

I think Tomane has another week to go, but Brums haven't named their team yet - he was in every good form before he was injured. Taefu - yes I had read somewhere that he was a playmaker but what I have seen of him in the NRC and Reds he seemed to be just a straight runner, perhaps that was what he was being asked to do. Jack Tuttle, from what I have just looked up, has played 12 as well back in Aus schoolboys, with Jake McIntyre - must be able to cover a variety of positions (I confess I had thought that Jack and James Tuttle were the same and it was just typos but have now discovered they are different players).

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Good to see Jack back where he belongs. Was an absolute prodigy at Nudgee and had two awful injuries. Ended up going to the Broncos under 20's and spent some time with our junior 7's and has been playing some good footy out at Norths.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Taefu has played a fair bit of 10 at Premier level. I'm guessing he's just doing what he's been asked to do by the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
From the Reds website:
"Starting locks Cadeyrn Neville and Lukhan Tui, and reserve forwards Tupou, Douglas and Houston will contribute a combined 613kg – averaging 122kg per man – of beef in a preview of how the 2017 outfit could look."
Certainly no lack of size for this weekend/2017.

T

TOCC

Hmmm, from Jim Tucker

"One high kick and regather from Tuttle at Ballymore training on Tuesday was a good sign of his ability because it came amid a rash of dropped ball from teammates"

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
From the Reds website:
"Starting locks Cadeyrn Neville and Lukhan Tui, and reserve forwards Tupou, Douglas and Houston will contribute a combined 613kg – averaging 122kg per man – of beef in a preview of how the 2017 outfit could look."
Certainly no lack of size for this weekend/2017.

those who look at The Roar website will know that David Lord will be very excited at this, size is all that matters after a light blue jersey

T

TOCC

Some talk that there may be opposition to Blackadder because they would leave Australia's two biggest rugby provinces coached by kiwis..

It's an interesting issue, if you take the search globally there is a large number of quality Australian coaches, but the Australian coaches seem to cut their teeth overseas rather then through the Australian pathway. New Zealand teams aren't afraid to promote an assistant coach or a coach from the ITM Cup , but in Australia, that has only resulted in coaches like Foley and Graham, although Larkham seems to be a quality coach.

Is it the Australian development pathway, or is it poor selection of coaches, do coaches need to cut their teeth in Europe first?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Some talk that there may be opposition to Blackadder because they would leave Australia's two biggest rugby provinces coached by kiwis..

Jesus are they serious? Qld and the Force are in the shitter, when that happens you can't be picky on turning down quality candidates!

I do wonder those who are doing this 'talking' have the same views on the 'illegal boaties' coming to Australia to take all of our jobs.......

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Much prefer a home grown Queensland coach but in the absence of quality I'm ok with a Kiwi at the provincial level. Blackadder would be great.

However I remain totally opposed to the national coach being anything other than Australian.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I believe we need to import external coaches or external coaching skills to improve our game. If we want to play the mythical 'running rugby' who is better at it than the Crusaders?

But Blackadders involvement is only a rumour so lets not get to far ahead of ourselves.

I might disapprove on the basis that Mrs Sully thinks he's spunk rat.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I might disapprove on the basis that Mrs Sully thinks he's spunk rat.

Yes in much the same way that the signing of Goro opened the Reds up to a whole new market, brining Blackadder (aka the Silver Fox) in could help the Reds tap into a previously unexplored demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.