• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

It's funny that the biggest debate for 2017 seems to be on a position which the Reds are arguably their strongest in.. Reds aren't going to lose much by starting either Ready or Moore..

I'm more concerned about fly half, inside centre and fullback... Not to mention the entire assistant coaching team

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
People seem to forget that Moore was playing really well at the start of the year and the break for the England tests seem to have a huge effect on him. If he can get back to that form it would be great.

I think everyone would agree with that.

The question is will he be able to do that taking into account his form over most of the Super season, his test form and captaincy issues and add to that his advanced years, potential lack of motivation (at the end of a stellar career).

Don't have a crystal ball so it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A good off season and motivated to impress at his new club will hopefully bring out the best in him.

T

TOCC

Figure thrown about was around $70'000 contract, compareable to what he was earning in the NRL

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thoughts? Is he skill full? Assume he couldn't cover fullback or wing? Better option that Kuridrani and Laloifi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

I'd say he is purely a wing, decent defender, fast but not super fast, reasonable skillset and a pretty good finisher ... Overall not a very exciting signing

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)

Some of the comments on GPS Rugby News highlights:

"He looked alright in his school days.. has gone downhill very quickly though"

"Never thought I'd see a video called LM highlights!"

"This is the single greatest day in Rugby League"

"Broncos are now favourites to win the Premiership"

"Hope this is some kind of sick joke"

"He must be blackmailing the Reds"

"F**k yeah, don't know why the Reds want him, done not one thing for the Broncos"

"Maranta will be your star player because he's our rubbish"

"Haha think the Broncos are cheering"

"A big apology from all Broncos fans to all Reds fans"

"Damn looks like the Reds are in for another long season"

"Reds are f**ked now"

"Haha are you kidding me, Reds have lost the plot!"

"I couldn't believe there was a video called Lachlan Maranta highlights"

"Well this is a whole lot of bulls**t"

"This must be a tax write off for the Reds"

"The Premiership's ours now Maranta is gone"

"Now our prayers have been answered"

"Thank f**k he's leaving the NRL"

"They've had to go back to his schoolboy days to find a highlight"

"If you didn't know him and just watched the video you'd think he was a solid player"

"All I can say is thank god he's gone from the Broncs, the Reds are signing terribly!"

"If this guy plays well for the Reds it's proof that League is superior. He's an absolute potato of a player"

"He's probably the worst player in League they could have signed"

"The worst Reds signing of all time"

"He'll be the highest paid player in Premier Rugby for sure"

"Maranta highlights = worlds shortest video"

"This video accounts for 1% of his career. The other 1.2% is him under the high ball, and the remaining 97.8% is useless pus footy"

"Good. He's been gobshite for the Broncos"

"Another first grade contract. HOW?? He must have the best manager of all time"

"[Do you reckon he'll be good?] Hell no! It's still a game where you need to tackle and catch so he'll be beyond useless"

"Wow I didn't think the Reds could make any more bad decisions"

"RIP Reds"

"Best news ever! Now he's the Reds problem"

Reactions: Tip

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I haven't watched a game of Rugby League in quite a while, but there seems to be some pretty passionate hatred of this bloke...

Waterboyrugby

Herbert Moran (7)
He hasn't even played a game yet and the overwhelmingly negative response is sad for the guy. Most likely will train with Reds but play club rugby.

From a front office POV, these league signings are mindless from the Reds. There are plenty of stocks of wingers in NRC and existing squad and even some in club that are capable that are already playing rugby & are unpaid. Why pay a guy even a bargain contract that won't even play unless injury strikes 3-4 guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.