• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

The Logan city council built a pretty impressive rugby facility only a couple of years ago at Meakin Park.

Are Logan still entering Brisbane Premier Rugby this year?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There’s a fair bit of discussion about this in the Premier Rugby thread... but no they aren’t

T

TOCC

Reds chasing Folau for 2019, they could only afford him via some of the allowances and cross-code salary exemptions used for Karmichael...

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Reds chasing Folau for 2019, they could only afford him via some of the allowances and cross-code salary exemptions used for Karmichael.

Honestly, I'm not sure we would need / want him. I've never really rated him as a 'real' union player, the guy is an elite athlete but he's never shown that Rugby Union nous. His best position is on the wing, I wouldn't play him at fullback as he's not astute enough tactically. We already have Perese and Daugunu looking very impressive on the wing, and both are quite a different type of winger compared to Folau.

How long is Toua's contract for? I'd almost expect Perese to be looking to move to fullback soon anyway.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm a bit with zero_cool in that I've never rated Folau as a natural Rugby player. I find he gets over hyped a lot.

In saying that though, I'm 100% with Reg, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. He may not be a natural Rugby player but my god he's a natural athelete and whatever he lacks in Rugby brains he makes up for and then some in pure ability.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Perese has never played 15 and has a different skillset to what that position demands. He has an incredible ability to break tackles, make post contact metres and has a very good tackle technique. He's also quick.
I can see him eventually moving into 13 if he continues along his current development and gets bigger with age. 15 however would isolate his flaws I tend to think more than than highlight his strengths.
He needs to work on his passing game, kicking game, defensive organisational skills as well as his positional play to be an astute 15.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bloody oath I'd sign him. Anyone who watched the 'Tahs v Rebels game on the weekend saw his worth. Those highballs were deadly.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is Higgers back this week?
I doubt Folau will leave NSW unless it is to go OS eventually. No love for Hunt?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I see that. Has he forfeited the captaincy for good is he just being worked back into a successful side off the bench?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think just coming back via the bench, reds article refers to him as "regular reds captian"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think I prefer Wright at 7 over Korczyk who I think is more suited to 6. Excellent player but needs to get on the open side with more determination from the breakdown and get off the scrum more quickly.

Great to see Fa'agase get a run. Also like DP back at 12.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think Wright is still another season off physically before he is consistently starting

Yeah, I recall Korczyk had a knee injury coming out of high school so he had that year to get his body to go from 'schoolboy' to 'professional athlete' it'll come for Wright. Maybe towards the back end of the season he could be getting close, but post NRC / Wallabies he should be good to go.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From facebook apparently a couple of days old. Meaning somewhat new but the news has been out there for a bit.

Its another example of things have changed since 2000, when it was League, Union, daylight, moonlight, a running track, soccer, AFL.

Anywho Logan council has built the Roar a 9 million dollar training facility. While its no Ballmore I am told it has a 2k stadium for their womens & NPL sides.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156333338907728&id=113534507727

I mention and post simply to highlight what others are doing and how we should be critical of Admin suits not only RA suits if they are failing to keep pace with rivals.

BTW its not huge the Roar thing its more the trend pathways seem to be away from rugby.

Located on the site Browns Plains Rugby Club used to be. Logan have big plans for the area so an elite sporting team being based there will help them with that.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Good call to whoever predicted that Higginbotham would be coming off the bench. I argued against it earlier in the week saying captains don’t come off the bench. Wonder if he will get the C when he returns to starting XV

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Honestly, I'm not sure we would need / want him. I've never really rated him as a 'real' union player, the guy is an elite athlete but he's never shown that Rugby Union nous. His best position is on the wing, I wouldn't play him at fullback as he's not astute enough tactically. We already have Perese and Daugunu looking very impressive on the wing, and both are quite a different type of winger compared to Folau.

How long is Toua's contract for? I'd almost expect Perese to be looking to move to fullback soon anyway.

You are crazy. Folau is an elite rugby player. Tries are king and he scores them at a elite level

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Good call to whoever predicted that Higginbotham would be coming off the bench. I argued against it earlier in the week saying captains don’t come off the bench. Wonder if he will get the C when he returns to starting XV
Won't slipper be off by then?? Probably a 2 man sub.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Reds chasing Folau for 2019, they could only afford him via some of the allowances and cross-code salary exemptions used for Karmichael.

Folau's wife thinking out loud via instagram he'll be in NZ before we know it.
Folau\'s Wife.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.