• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Its comforting to know that while we lack central contracting for players the principles on which the respective unions contract with others are unifrom
  1. On 8 May, 2015 the Queensland Reds Rugby Union team played the Crusaders in Christchurch, New Zealand. After losing the match in a “fairly diabolical performance,”1 Rod McCall, Board Chairman of Queensland Rugby Union Ltd (QRU) and Jim Carmichael, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of QRU, conferred in the hotel after the game2 and on the plane trip back to Australia,3 and decided to engage the services of John Connolly (the plaintiff) to “take some heat off the... team’s performance...[and] try and give it a new focus and try [to] reinvigorate the performance of the team.”4 Subsequently, Mr McCall spoke by telephone with Mr Connolly on 9 May 2015 and as a consequence, Mr Connolly attended at the premises of QRU on Monday 11 May 2015 to commence duties as a coaching consultant.
  2. [2] Mr Connolly’s services were terminated by QRU on 27 July, 2015. Whether the contract for Mr Connolly’s services was oral or written or both; the terms of the contract (including payment and termination provisions, if any); and the consequences of Mr Connolly’s termination on 27 July 2015 are the issues in this litigation.
  3. http://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/2017/QDC17-221.pdf
Thorn should be given any coaching gig he applies for in this country

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Graham was a coach who would rather see the Reds burnt to the ground than lose his paycheck (sure the incompetence of the board re-appointed him but he applied for the job). Stiles is showing the same tendencies.

It's 4 months from season kick-off and the organisation won't confirm you as head coach, a role you are under contract from. 2018 is a lost cause already. You don't come back from this. I don't think Thorn should be anywhere near HC but neither should Stiles (the one bloke we should get probably wouldn't do it).

The most under-rated thing Link did with the Wallabies was to walk away. Rather than sink the ship for his ego, he did what was best for everybody. Sure the majority of us wanted him to stay and still wish he was in charge, and he had every right to stay and fight, that would not have been in the best interests of the Wallabies (given the environment at the time).

If RG and Stiles felt the same way about the organisation they purport to love, we'd be 2 years into an actual rebuild and probably a contender.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Couriermail and Foxsports website is banging the drum hard today with articles on Stiles to been shown the door.

interesting fact i just read he is the worst performing coach in the history of super rugby (minimum 35 games)

Hope it happens and soon! Want nothing to do with him.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I just hope we can find someone with even less coaching experience to take over.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
I think it would be fantastic for oz rugby if Thorn gets the gig: his influence on the Reds 20s was palpable.
He recognised in himself as a young bloke his desire to take short cuts, he was never the most gifted player, but he did all the hard work: so he'll take no shit and he'll call out the short cut takers.
Which is evidently a huge problem in our game-given Cheika complaint about poor fitness.
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/28389721" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">BUILDING BLOCKS: BRAD THORN: PART 1 (2011)</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/whero">Red McLeod</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
My comments weren't about Higgers, it was was about the slanderous comment towards the police, labelling someone a grubby cop based on what we know doesn't sit well with me. I have full respect for the police, they often have to deal with society at it's lowest ebb, it's a hard task and not made easier when people make slanderous comments or generalise without knowing the full facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TOCC you can ride the high horse all you like. Generally I respect most coppers as well.

But there are plenty of examples of police abusing their powers. Don't for 1 minute think that ALL police do the right thing all the time. That is just living in a fantasy world.

I stick by the grubby copper remark. Obviously it was an ill conceived charge brought by a police officer that, under scrutiny by Police Prosecutions had no chance of success and was dropped or NETO'd. Surely, even to you, that would mean that the charge should never have been brought in the first place. That charge and defending it in the first instance probably cost Higgers $10,000 (or thereabouts), damage to his reputation. embarrassment to his wife and family, worry for him, the Reds and Wallabies possibly looking at him differently etc etc.
The copper walks free with no penalty (hopefully marked on his record). He got his moment of fame from his colleagues.

Pretty sad for the victim here.

T

TOCC

Sticking up for someone who has been labelled a grub isn't being on a high horse.

Do you know any more then the rest of us Scrubber? If not, then then labelling a police officer as a grubby copper is a unnecessarily slanderous comment.

Plenty of charges get dropped, and it's always not a reflection of a persons innocence or guilt. Having a charge dropped doesn't make anyone a grubby cop.

T

TOCC

On another note..

Reds looking at playing a match in China during the July test series against an Australian opponent TBC.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And another note, seems like the Reds so far have missed out on available Force players.

Naisarani to the Brumbies and likely (?) Hardwick to the Rebels, would've been nice to have at least those two at the Reds.

T

TOCC

Naisarani is the big one to miss out on IMO..

Rona and Meakes would complement any backline but with their roots in NSW, I suspect that's where they'll be heading.

RHP and DHP as well, but they're reportedly heading to the Rebels.

Reds need to be targeting Vui for front row depth, and maybe an outside back or two.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Read that the Reds are really targeting any - especially high profile players, however I agree with TOCC, for the minimum we need to target a prop (Vui or Salesi Manu...or both and replace Sanday / keep him in wider squad) and a OB to replace Magnay. We have Perese, Nabuli, Kuridrani, Sautia, Ngamanu (spelling) and Hunt for the back 5 soooo we'll see what happens there.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Other than a prop, I wouldn't think we'd need too much from the Force. I'd rather any spare cash is spent on Wessel's and relocating his family to BNE.

Hell, I know some solid South African butchers around SEQ, I'm more than happy to chip in and drive him around to get settled! BUT, the QRU are paying for any biltong we buy, I don't have pockets that deep to feed a hungry African.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sticking up for someone who has been labelled a grub isn't being on a high horse.

Do you know any more then the rest of us Scrubber? If not, then then labelling a police officer as a grubby copper is a unnecessarily slanderous comment.

Plenty of charges get dropped, and it's always not a reflection of a persons innocence or guilt. Having a charge dropped doesn't make anyone a grubby cop.

I answer to your first question the answer is yes !

If a cop charges a bloke unfairly and PP drop quickly because the is no chance of the bloke being found guilty then the originating copper is a grub (IMO). Having said that I am not down on the Force in general.

The general attitude of the arresting officer is that most persons charged will enter a plea of guilty so as to save time and money. Lesser charges generally attract a fine with No Conviction recorded.

This scenario is commonplace and colleagues (lawyers) have been involved in many of matters such as this.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Slim​
Nothing post but such input is expected by a chap with your intellect and reasoning:):):):)
Have a good day in the sandpit

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I answer to your first question the answer is yes !

If a cop charges a bloke unfairly and PP drop quickly because the is no chance of the bloke being found guilty then the originating copper is a grub (IMO). Having said that I am not down on the Force in general.

The general attitude of the arresting officer is that most persons charged will enter a plea of guilty so as to save time and money. Lesser charges generally attract a fine with No Conviction recorded.

This scenario is commonplace and colleagues (lawyers) have been involved in many of matters such as this.
Stop infesting this thread with this.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.