• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Great video on the last page.

Whenever I get down about Qld being so shit I just recall the 1996 match vs Auckland @ Ballymore. The best game I've ever seen Qld play. Sitting on the hill that night was magic.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
60 mins of some of the worst rugby followed by 20mins of exciting, off the cuff rugby. The team needs to get away from all the structure and just hit the ball from depth, with speed and look to off load.

I thought Stewart stepped up in the second half.

spud

Peter Burge (5)
Next weeks Team:

1. JP SMITH
2. BPA
3. THOR
4. RODDA
5. SALAKAI-LOTO
6. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
7. WRIGHT
8. HIGGERS
9. MCDERMOTT
10. LUCAS
11. NAIVALU
12. KEREVI
13. CFS
14. DAUGUNU
15. STEWART

16. MAFI
17. HOOPERT
18. R SMITH
19. HOCKINGS
20. TIMU
21. SOROVI
22. PAIA'AUA
23. HEGARTY

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Next weeks backline:

9. McDermott
10. Hegarty
11. Duaganu
12. Kerevi
13. Stewart
14. CFS
15. Lucas

Discuss

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Stewart is the conundrum. I have rarely liked him as starting 10 but he is proving to be one of our best in the back line. Putting him at out centre is weird, but after the last game I think it’s not so silly. Though his kicking (still needing plenty of improvement in play) is better than some other 15 options. And he won’t be in the centres when Petaia returns. 13 is a very interesting idea, but I’d keep him at 15 with a roving role to the wide second receiver and to move to 10 for the last 20 min.

Stewart is a genuine puzzle, he must start, but where, and what position should he settle into?

Let Lucas come off the bench. To 15. Hegarty stays at 10.

Another onundrum is CFS. His attack was genuinely good and he made a couple of stand out tackles, but his positional play out wide in D has to get better. There could be structural issues here not of his own making, coaching needs to look at it.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
the aussie conf starting to look interesting. 8 points in it with the reds, tahs and rebs with a game in hand.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
60 mins of some of the worst rugby followed by 20mins of exciting, off the cuff rugby. The team needs to get away from all the structure and just hit the ball from depth, with speed and look to off load.

I thought Stewart stepped up in the second half.

The worst rugby? I thought it was pretty intense, obviously the Reds wore the opposition down. What is wrong with that in rugby terms?

Reactions: TSR

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Nice to have some options, this is a tough year, every potential Wobb needs to have some time on the bench.

I would like to see Higginbum stop kicking, and stop trying the backhand offload. Neither ever works.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Salakaia-Loto needs to drop his body height in contact too. Got belted a fair few times and just puts pressure on our arriving men into the break down if the opposition are going forward into the tackle contest.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rugby.com.au reporting that Timu looking at France for next year, would be a real shame. I think he could be a real star in the right team.