• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It is completely unfathomable that it has gotten this far, surely it won’t be permitted to continue to 2019. Surely CEO or Chair operating as CEO gives directions to the HC. Either resolution is found for QC (Quade Cooper), Hunt and and Slipper - or you find an HC who is willing to use the investment that the Board/CEO has made.

It is well time for this BS to be over.

Be careful Dru - mild criticism of the Chairman and Acting CEO will not be tolerated by Reg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Be careful Dru - mild criticism of the Chairman and Acting CEO will not be tolerated by Reg

there was no criticism there. I am all for constructive criticism especially when it is expanded and explained upon. Baseless criticism is against the Forum rules.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Can I ask a question and betray my nativity and ignorance - with the level of dissatisfaction with the current board, why hasn’t there been a move against the current board? There are most certainly more than enough good rugby people about with the skills/experience to challenge the existing sitting members. And I would have thought ample motivation to do so. What has prevented a greater turnover?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can I ask a question and betray my nativity and ignorance - with the level of dissatisfaction with the current board, why hasn’t there been a move against the current board? There are most certainly more than enough good rugby people about with the skills/experience to challenge the existing sitting members. And I would have thought ample motivation to do so. What has prevented a greater turnover?

You’d have to ask the voting members.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
You’d have to ask the voting members.
Again - apologies for my ignorance in this Reg, but who exactly comprise the voting members? What determines membership? Also, do you know what action is required to trigger a board spill.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Again - apologies for my ignorance in this Reg, but who exactly comprise the voting members? What determines membership? Also, do you know what action is required to trigger a board spill.

There are 27 Members whom are basically the Premier Clubs and the Country Unions, QLD Refs, BJRU etc I think:

I can't recall the specifics over spills and EGMS etc. But I don't think the constitution is too revolutionary. Corporate Governance principals (basically set down by the ASC and passed in 2013) are here:

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Portals/10/2015/documents/Corporate-Governance-Principles.pdf

Went to have a look for it with no luck but did stagger across our strategic plan 'pillars'

To that end, the QRU’s 2016-2020 strategy turns our attention to four major pillars:

• Fans & Participation Growth: We will continue to engage and build demand by placing the fan and participant at the centre of all we do. By 2020 we will aim to have the largest fan base in world Rugby, the largest contact and regular participation base in Australian Rugby and to be the largest recreational contact sport in Queensland.
  • Football Performance: Through our high-performance structures we will secure sustainable on-field success and aim to be a consistently performing top 6 finisher in Super Rugby.
  • Commercial Growth: To deliver investment and rate of return. We aim to continue to secure the necessary year-on-year investment into the Reds football program, the community game and to also achieve a 23% growth in annual turnover by 2020 - as well as to redevelop the Ballymore asset.
  • Organisational Governance: QRU aims to provide leadership and management to its members and stakeholders under a unified governance model.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Thanks Reg. Appreciate your efforts. I went looking myself, but you came up with more than I did.

Reading the supposed pillars is a bit sobering.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
hahaha

It's amazing, but the QRU have done everything in their power to do the complete opposite of those "pillars".

dru

Tim Horan (67)
hahaha

It's amazing, but the QRU have done everything in their power to do the complete opposite of those "pillars".

The pillars strike me as desired outcomes rather than policies or actions that are intended to deliver those outcomes.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What's the point of having pillars, or goals, or whatever is fashionable in management-speak currently, if they are not expected to be delivered? The aim to have the "the largest fan base in world rugby" by 2020 is very specific and in an environment where that fan base is presently reducing year on year, surely there should be some more accountability than to merely say it is a policy.

Reactions: gel

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What's the point of having pillars, or goals, or whatever is fashionable in management-speak currently, if they are not expected to be delivered? The aim to have the "the largest fan base in world rugby" by 2020 is very specific and in an environment where that fan base is presently reducing year on year, surely there should be some more accountability than to merely say it is a policy.
Say the CEO and Chairman getting pushed out/sacked?

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pillars.... Every time I read or hear that word I get a twitch. Early 2000s management blah blah blah weaselword that seemed to be everywhere and now thankfully is no more...

Bit like culture, that's the 2010s equivalent and is yet another MBA product but the result is the same, neither of them achieved nor achievable by the QRU

Good to see how well the Reds have done and hopefully someone will be held accountable for failing to deliver?

Hang on, is that a pink mammal with a curly tail that just flew past???

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pillars.. Every time I read our hear that word I get a twitch. Early 2000s management blah blah blah weaselword that seemed to be everywhere and now thankfully is no more.

Bit like culture, that's the 2010s equivalent and is yet another MBA product but the result is the same, neither of them achieved note achievable by the QRU

Good to see how well the Reds have done and hopefully someone will be held accountable for failing to deliver?

Hang on, is that a pink mammal with a curly tail that just flew past???
I get a twitch when i hear the phrase MBA. People pay legal tender to be taught buzz words for a year.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Overnight news reports suggest Folau to stay at Tahs, Tahs looking for new centre, and Reds lose Perese to NRL. Just f**king great