• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v. Crusaders, May 29th, Suncorp - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stu warned richey. End of story. Wouldn't worry about the knock on because they had a pen ad anyway.
It's good too see a team I want too win lucky with the ref. Hsiang it's the other way round.

Great game of rugby!

Go the force!!!!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Dobduff - my dinner just got served, so I have to go. Morahan was fine - nothing out of the ordinary. I thought Cooper did several extraordinary things. Samo was perhaps the most consistently aggressive and effective forward.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
That was an absoluter ripper of a game, either side would have been fair winners. Full credit to the Saders, it's been a long hard run for them, the bye will give them a chance to freshen up.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I will go on record to say that penalty was pretty harsh - they had driven right over and he went in to pick it up to pass it. Looked wrong to me. Stu will be lucky to not get assigned any games in NZ any time soon.

Stu is to the Crusaders what Kaplan is to the Waratahs...:)

Good game to watch. Both teams throwing themselves in. Saders midfield didn't seem to fire up as we played 10 man rugby for alot of the game.

C

chief

Reds certainly scraped through that one. They were lucky. Radike Samo was amazing my MOM.

As for Dickinson, the last penalty was 50/50 but watch the last scrum penalty he gave to the Crusaders, he said the reds had popped up however look closely and you see the first person to stand up is Crusaders number 16. Tit for tat.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Reds lucky to win. Having said that, they kicked away ball with the wrong option far too often and turned over huge amounts of ball from the set piece. Wouldn't be surprised to be watching that game again before too long.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Either way the Crusaders were on the back foot. They played well, but....they lost. That's rugby.

Definitely not a good game from Stu though.

I think they just won a legitimate turnover, so I wouldn't call that on the back foot, but anyways, they could have won the game themselves, but Stu certainly made it a lot harder.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Richie was called to stay out of it - he did not so fuck him! Deservedly pinged!
No, he penalised him for picking up the ball saying there was a ruck over the top of it...which there wasn't, as everyone else was on the ground. It looked like the "back" of the ruck was right there, with everyone effectively out of it, so it seemed reasonable that a player pick it up to pass it. Anyway, a great game, and shouldn't be marred by an endless debate over 1 decision.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Good game well played Reds.

Pity all the talk in the NZ press and sports talk will be the last 30 seconds though.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Either way the Crusaders were on the back foot. They played well, but....they lost. That's rugby.

Definitely not a good game from Stu though.

I don't get worked up about ref calls and the game is over, well done Reds and Quade for knocking over the kick, but to say the Crusaders was on the back foot seems bizarre given Ben Franks had driven a Reds player off the ball and then I think it was Read had assisted and the ball was lying there on what seemed the Crusaders side as a result of the ruck work by Franks. Reds did not have numbers

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Good game well played Reds.

Pity all the talk in the NZ press and sports talk will be the last 30 seconds though.

From what I've seen so far elsewhere, there will be a lot of discussion about a fair bit of the rest of the game. Stuey is not popular in Kiwiland.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Anyway, a great game, and shouldn't be marred by an endless debate over 1 decision.

Yeah, it was a great game, but it was marred because the decision was crucial and game deciding and ultimately wrong. I reckon Crusaders would have won with any other referee today. Pointless arguing, though. Both teams were pretty flakey at times

Status
Not open for further replies.