• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
FoxSports reporting that a go/no go decision will be made tonight tomorrow at 9am (8am banjotime) weather this game will go ahead.

EDIT: May not have heard correctly initially: Greg Clark has just said it the decision will be made tomorrow morning.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
FoxSports reporting that a go/no go decision will be made tonight at 9pm (8pm banjotime) weather this game will go ahead tomorrow.
You'd have to think it will be called off given the forecast for tomorrow. The ex-cyclone is due to be on top of Suncorp right at 7pm

T

TOCC

Yep, I anticipate there will be disrupted services and some damage to infrastructure(Public Transport), so the likelihood is that the match will be cancelled... Good news for the Reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
By the time it gets down here its likely to be raining heavily but not flooding the local streets.

Matches can be played in the rain. This is rugby, not tennis.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Some room for it to be played on Sunday, but I assume any cancellation will be straight to a draw. Anyone know differently?

T

TOCC

By the time it gets down here its likely to be raining heavily but not flooding the local streets.

Matches can be played in the rain. This is rugby, not tennis.

It's not about the field, it's about a duty of care and danger presented to the patrons, the game will be cancelled under advice of the QLD Emergency Sercives, not the groundskeeper.....

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Its more the crowd that's the issue. If they can't get there and home safely then they'll call it
If weather is same as today, game on. Hardly raining now. Just went past the ground.

They've allegedly got heaps of spare turf around. Latest forecasts suggests wind will drop off in the afternoon/evening.

http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/brisbane.shtml

Predicted rainfall of 30ml - 100ml is no big deal either. Have had 74ml since 9am today and would be fine to play it now.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
It's not about the field, it's about a duty of care and danger presented to the patrons, the game will be cancelled under advice of the QLD Emergency Sercives, not the groundskeeper...

Yep, that and they'll be talking to their insurance company right now. If they will pay out, the game will be cancelled

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bit of luck for the Reds if it's cancelled, to be honest I really couldn't see them winning this one, especially if JOC (James O'Connor) is out.

I guess if it's cancelled it sorta has to be a draw, I don't think there's a chance to replay it.

Reactions: gel

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
One article has said it could potentially be played at Ballymore on Sunday but this is unlikely.

T

TOCC

The decision on weather(intentional) this match will proceed will be made at 8am(9am ARDT) tomorrow

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good question. But skies are clear over central Brisbane now. Can see plenty of stars. Hopefully stay that way for a while.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It's only 4 hrs to Perth. Get both teams on a plane and we can play the later fixture in Brisbane. Just do a home/away swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.