• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Assuming the game proceeds

JOC (James O'Connor) to 10, if not playing then Genia at 9 and Frisby at 10 or vice versa

Now that Hunt is out , who goes to 15 ?

Might be Daley or Curtis

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Normally the Force's underdog status would have been relinquished by now.

However, with all the disruptions in the Reds: JOC (James O'Connor)'s first start in a Reds' jersey after having last played a game for Toulon (that is to say the rumour he pulled up in training with an injury isn't true, and Frisby is playing at 10), Hunt shifted back to 15 now stood down indefinitely, Taulagi out injured, forcing a reshuffle in the back 3, I think it's fair to say a 'backs to the wall' performance is expected from the Reds.

M

Moono75

Why haven't we heard anything about JOC (James O'Connor) being injured if its true. He's been ducking playing the Force since we gave him the ass.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Gympie radar showing current state of play fairly well.

All the rain that was around town today has cleared to the south but cyclone itself is tracking in our direction. Down to Category 1 now at least. http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR081.loop.shtml#skip

Th rain we've been getting all day isn't related (for want of a better expression) to the cyclone. It was the monsoonal trough. There is/was a gap between the two. This morning when the TC was at Yeppoon and it was chucking down in Briabane, it was clear blue skies at Hervey Bay.
When the TC/low pressure system gets closer the rain will start up again and we could be looking at more significant falls on an already saturated catchment. If they have to make the call by 8am I'm backing it to be called off.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why haven't we heard anything about JOC (James O'Connor) being injured if its true. He's been ducking playing the Force since we gave him the ass.

*if* true, I would imagine the first any of us would hear about it is when the teams are announced at the ground. Better not to give away any more terrible news if the Reds want people to turn up tonight.

Given the poor weather, the poor showing the Reds gave all last year, the impotent way we played last week, the fact the Force seem to bring out the worst in us anyway and now the red's star signing having issues with the law I guess there is a possibility of a lot of fans not turning out tonight.

The Reds have heavily promoted the match through a targeted campaign this week ("talk is cheap", "3 days to redemption" - yeah, no pressure, guys) making quite a deal of the debut of Thomson and O'Connor. It would probably be the end of a lot of people's ideas about going out to Lang park tonight to find out during the day that on top of all that other stuff, yet another of the red's draw cards is unavailable.

My wife is already making noises about wanting to get some Rustic Olive takeaway and watch the game from home tonight and we are season ticket holders.

I want to go, but I don't want to watch utter rubbish performances. That just sucks.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
*if* true, I would imagine the first any of us would hear about it is when the teams are announced at the ground. Better not to give away any more terrible news if the Reds want people to turn up tonight.

Given the poor weather, the poor showing the Reds gave all last year, the impotent way we played last week, the fact the Force seem to bring out the worst in us anyway and now the red's star signing having issues with the law I guess there is a possibility of a lot of fans not turning out tonight.

The Reds have heavily promoted the match through a targeted campaign this week ("talk is cheap", "3 days to redemption" - yeah, no pressure, guys) making quite a deal of the debut of Thomson and O'Connor. It would probably be the end of a lot of people's ideas about going out to Lang park tonight to find out during the day that on top of all that other stuff, yet another of the red's draw cards is unavailable.

My wife is already making noises about wanting to get some Rustic Olive takeaway and watch the game from home tonight and we are season ticket holders.

I want to go, but I don't want to watch utter rubbish performances. That just sucks.

Oh Ye of little faith.

The reds need support and if the game is on the bride and I will be there

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
image.jpg

SES Chief was just on TV predicting 200mm of rain & some flooding in & around Brisbane. I don't think they're gonna risk it (or the cricket).

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Oh Ye of little faith.

The reds need support and if the game is on the bride and I will be there
What can I say?

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, so I'm gonna do what my wife tells me to.

(sidenote: The best fans in the country are the melbourne rebels fans.)

T

TOCC

The remnants of the cyclone is expected to be clear by this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Kind of hoping they delay making an announcement on the rugby until at least lunchtime and just track the system.

Could rain all morning & clear through around 3pm. Just said on news system is moving faster than previously expected

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Couldn't agree more. Making a decision this morning might end up looking foolish because it'll end just after lunch.

The Reds need nothing more than to get out on the park, play footy and leave the off field crap behind.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I think the family will want to sit at home tonight but I'll make the journey I think. Looks like the worst of the rain will blow through by mid afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.