• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels, Super Rugby Round 16, 1 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Resting Gill scares me. Rebels lack a great 7 but Higgers has been doing loads of breakdown work recently. I thought with Gill we may gain some ascendancy or at least neutralize that part of Higgers game. Not sure how to feel now.

Me too. This game kinda has a Reds vs Force @ Suncorp feel to it at the moment. :confused:

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
2010 & 2011 Ant And Taps alternated in the 12 and 13 roles quite a bit. It may be the shake up they need in the midfield?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Speaking of Higgers..boy did we shit the bed there

Well, not entirely the Reds/QRU's fault to be fair.

- partly to do with the crazy and crude Aus S15 salary cap model which potentially hurts teams with numerous, long-serving top players to budget for

- partly to do with the low 2013 ARU top up offered to Higgers last year when the Reds salary budget - capped as above - maxed out with the likes of JH, WG, DI, QC (Quade Cooper) etc to fund on big $s........and this low ARU top up offer to Higgers was in large part due the extraordinarily poor economic management within the ARU sending them into large losses last year which meant they had to further cut their offered top-ups (truly a sick joke now that we see they paid JO'N $2,200,000 for his 'top ups' last year)

- partly as Higgers wanted bigger $ in total, etc. and the Rebs could afford to pay up above the Reds base offer

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Give me B Lucas any day over Lance - what have they been waiting for?

Further, I cannot believe it's not some risk relying on departing players this late in the season. I've admired DI's non-drop off in his typical playing intensity, but it's only human for the choice of an imminent departure to another team to have some motivational impact, however slight.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
RedsHappy

Maybe with some other guys but if anything Digby started peaking a bit after he announced the Stade move. Really class of him and he will be sorely missed. Havin anyone on the squad who can get you over the gain line with his level of consistency is invaluable.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...woes-build-team-character-20130530-2ndo0.html

Link has inspired me to leave my pissup early this afternoon and be at the game, it will be a long and tortuous journey on the Sunshine Coast line with litres of Cerveza in me. But if the Reds can muscle up and get home in really difficult conditions and use it as motivation to play hard tonight then the least I can do is harden up and be there for them, screaming them home.

WE ARE QUEENSLAND, WE ARE RED!!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I like the indigenous jersey a lot. The training shirts are even better.

I may purchase one if they are available at the game tonight.

(This thread needs some love).

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
So Bill Pulver has stated that Beale should be a "National Treasure" and a "role model to younger players". If that is correct, why isn't he playing tonight?

Hey Bill, "stop it or you will go blind"!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Kev looking serious as all Fuck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Link & woody never took their eyes off the Rebels warm up for the first 5 Min they were out

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Link & woody never took their eyes off the Rebels warm up for the first 5 Min they were out

That's not going to tell them a lot is it? Usually just ran standard drills and not set patterns of play for that reason.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
That's not going to tell them a lot is it? Usually just ran standard drills and not set patterns of play for that reason.

Normally I would like to see the Reds win going away - but tonight, I will be happy with Reds by 7 - and 1 point to the Rebels to help their tally along.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr and Mrs Doug have our ears on (ABC radio feed with Quentin Hull and John Roe), but any commentary from you "viewers" would be appreciated.

GO THE REDS!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Off topic but it gives me the shits when Fox cuts straight to the Aus games without interviews from the previous. All they have done is talk crap and show about 5 minutes of ads.

Same! I was looking forward to seeing how Ali Williams was going to go in the post match interview given he was positively fuming for most of that game.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Same! I was looking forward to seeing how Ali Williams was going to go in the post match interview given he was positively fuming for most of that game.

Yeah, he carried on about the ref in the post-match, though somewhat more subdued.
These illegal streams are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.