• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Surprisingly for all the attacking talk, the reds hae only managed to score 2 more try's this season, 33 - 31.

They should win this game easy but like in life, even when something's on a platter, Qld get the wobbles as they know there just not good enough, that's why there not wallabies or national heroes like other teams. No ones proud of a fluke.

19764-mad.jpg

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Management going back on their word to overpay stars, a coach jumping before the fall so his record looks good and he has more chance of the wallaby job. A playmaker found out at he next level who went from testing himself on the open market to signing long term for the security, how embarrassing for defending champions to miss the playoffs, are they the first?

The thought of losing at home to a team "rotting from the head" in a rebuilding year must be a horrible thought. All the pressure is on the mighty reds, Tahs are already on holidays while reds are walking cock proud on the old "mathematic possibility". Unfortunately. Win, lose or draw, both teams will be remembered as equals, both failed to qualify. Only difference is, the fall from the top is much greater.

L

Linebacker_41

Ah who cares about Super Rugby. When the Reds play the Tahs it is all about Tempo's cup.

Remember: to the winner goes the spoils - this is the last chance for the Tahs to get some silverware for 2012.

For the Reds they dont want a gap in their trophy cabinet until 2013.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Win, lose or draw, both teams will be remembered as equals...

Geez only in the Reds wildest dreams could we hope to be considerd the equals of the Tahs! They've never missed the playoffs whilst being defending champs. :rolleyes:

Ah this is no fun - how are we supposed to pile shit on Tahs fans this year. They're Tahs fans. Bloody hard to knock someone down when they're already at rock bottom! :D

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Geez only in the Reds wildest dreams could we hope to be considerd the equals of the Tahs! They've never missed the playoffs whilst being defending champs. :rolleyes:

Ah this is no fun - how are we supposed to pile shit on Tahs fans this year. They're Tahs fans. Bloody hard to knock someone down when they're already at rock bottom! :D

Both teams are likely to have fallen 6 places from last years result. So really, we both have exactly the same result. No finals.

L

Linebacker_41

You mean this is the last chance for the Tahs to get MORE SILVERWARE for 2012.

Oh my apologies, so much history in that trophy.

I can see that the tah players really want to get their hands on it too, particularly as it has so much meaning with so many hard fought games played before.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs: 15. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14. Lachie Turner, 13. Rob Horne, 12. Berrick Barnes, 11. Drew Mitchell, 10. Bernard Foley, 9. Grayson Hart, 8. Dave Dennis, 7. Chris Alcock, 6. Dean Mumm, 5. Kane Douglas, 4. Sitaleki Timani, 3. Paddy Ryan, 2. Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1. Benn Robinson (c). Reserves: John Ulugia, Jeremy Tilse, Lopeti Timani, Jono Jenkins, Brendan McKibbin, Tom Carter, Tom Kingston.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Watching this game will be about as much fun as masturbating with a blunt cheese grater. I hope Channel 9 has a re-run of 'When Harry met Sally' scheduled..

L

Linebacker_41

Watching this game will be about as much fun as masturbating with a blunt cheese grater. I hope Channel 9 has a re-run of 'When Harry met Sally' scheduled..

If the Reds didnt need 5 pts I would agree. Having said that I do think the first half will be a waste of time for the viewing public.

Kicking for territory will reign supreme and the Reds will try and get a gap on the Tahs through penalties I expect.

In the 2nd half I expect a cracking finish. Either the Reds will be running from everywhere in search of the 4th try or one of the teams will be on the try line defending a lead in a typical NSW-QLD bashathon!

End result First half the cheese grater is looking good - 2nd half clean yourself up and strap yourself in for a tense finish.

T

TOCC

Surprisingly for all the attacking talk, the reds hae only managed to score 2 more try's this season, 33 - 31.

They should win this game easy but like in life, even when something's on a platter, Qld get the wobbles as they know there just not good enough, that's why there not wallabies or national heroes like other teams. No ones proud of a fluke.

Are you intentionally trying to antagonize?

Status
Not open for further replies.