• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Force Round 2 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I cant help but feel jipped. Yeh we won but I thought we were going to run the ball More. We are only going to win a couple. Of games like that this yes r I wouod prefer a wooden spoon and a ball running team then second last. Happy with the win. CLeary dominated the reds and that try was inevitable after a lot of great defence.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interesting to hear Marto say after the game that the coaches don't get on ,and there a lot of backstabbing going on. That doesn't surprise me, when I was at evening where Thorn and Graham spoke there didn't really seem to be much in the way of friendship/team spirit or whatever when they spoke. Not sure where problem is within the squad or team, but it seems to be pretty big. To top it off whoever does the recruiting has either stuffed up or maybe is just unable to find quality players willing to come to Qld. Pretty sure that the a lot of the team members they have got are not what Richard Graham, or anyone in coaching structure would have if they had choice. I wonder if ARU needs to relax rules re overseas players (if said players are paid by private sponsors) to allow these teams to become competitive, as I see less and less people wanting to watch games of standard shown, and not sure there are a lot of players (or coaches) within Aus ranks to fill quotas. Ok I not sure whedre problem is just throwing out random thoughts!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I cant help but feel jipped. Yeh we won but I thought we were going to run the ball More. We are only going to win a couple. Of games like that this yes r I wouod prefer a wooden spoon and a ball running team then second last. Happy with the win. CLeary dominated the reds and that try was inevitable after a lot of great defence.

You shouldn't be surprised!
Michael Foley thinks running rugby is when you jog,not walk to the next line out....

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Was interesting to hear Marto say after the game that the coaches don't get on ,and there a lot of backstabbing going on. That doesn't surprise me, when I was at evening where Thorn and Graham spoke there didn't really seem to be much in the way of friendship/team spirit or whatever when they spoke. Not sure where problem is within the squad or team, but it seems to be pretty big. To top it off whoever does the recruiting has either stuffed up or maybe is just unable to find quality players willing to come to Qld. Pretty sure that the a lot of the team members they have got are not what Richard Graham, or anyone in coaching structure would have if they had choice. I wonder if ARU needs to relax rules re overseas players (if said players are paid by private sponsors) to allow these teams to become competitive, as I see less and less people wanting to watch games of standard shown, and not sure there are a lot of players (or coaches) within Aus ranks to fill quotas. Ok I not sure whedre problem is just throwing out random thoughts!
As I understand it the reds don't have a foreign marquee player this year. The Japanese guys fall under a different quota.

So no relation required. Reds have rhe money, just needed to find someone willing to come. And they couldn't

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
You shouldn't be surprised!
Michael Foley thinks running rugby is when you jog not walk to the next line out..
What I don't like is they have basically lied. Even hodgson said that they played the same as last week. Like fuck!

We have Luke Morohan. Probably the fastest bloke on the pitch most games and I've never seen him receive the ball on the wing with space. Dhp is probably one of the inform full backs in the comp.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hunt ran straight but was turned over nearly every time he was tackled. No idea apparently about protecting the ball when tackled.
Actually, the laziness in the supporting players is the issue. He could try to protect the ball all he wants and he will just get called out for holding on.

His runs are no different to any other centres in the other teams - it's just that when he gets tackled there is no one else there to clear out the counter ruck.

It's endemic to poor coaching that the things that other teams do become unattainable.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Did Neville actually catch a pass?

Both teams seemed incapable of holding onto the ball into contact.

I know a lot of people have already mentioned it but if there is a positive for the Reds tonight it's that the set piece is still the best in the competition. From start to finish the set piece did not fluctuate and it's hard to produce that. The reserve front row deserve a mentioned for adding to the game when they came on. Should see some players rewarded for there showing in gold later this year.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Actually, the laziness in the supporting players is the issue. He could try to protect the ball all he wants and he will just get called out for holding on.

His runs are no different to any other centres in the other teams - it's just that when he gets tackled there is no one else there to clear out the counter ruck.

It's endemic to poor coaching that the things that other teams do become unattainable.

Gel that's all very true. I'd still be tempted to swap Karevi and Hunt. The big bloke might deal with isolation better and Hunt is pretty quick to support other backs at the ruck. Hunt could also run a foil with Karevi, giving McIntyre options, in a way that Karevi cant.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did Neville actually catch a pass?

Both teams seemed incapable of holding onto the ball into contact.

Neville only dropped 2 as far as I can remember. 2 straight forward shockers. He was one of our best though. At least in the first half he was only he and Tui making any metres

M

Moono75

For everyone bagging the game did it not rain before the game? Conditions were greasy. I guess every other team in the comp would of been throwing it round like the Harlem Globetrotters and putting up 45 point try fests. Cut the bullshit! It was what it was. Force are trying to evolve and play a more expansive game. It's not the finished product yet. Force bashing on here at its finest. Nothing would be better than beating those bush donkeys next week to deliver some STFU.

G

galumay

Nothing would be better than beating those bush donkeys next week to deliver some STFU.

Good luck with that! Face it, both teams were abysmal. The chorus of disatissifaction is nearly unanimous from fans of both teams, that should tell you something.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I get what you are saying Moono, the observation I had about the Force was the same as The Tahs. they had us covered from the kick off. The Ponies will bring a better performance out of them.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
For everyone bagging the game did it not rain before the game? Conditions were greasy. I guess every other team in the comp would of been throwing it round like the Harlem Globetrotters and putting up 45 point try fests. Cut the bullshit! It was what it was. Force are trying to evolve and play a more expansive game. It's not the finished product yet. Force bashing on here at its finest. Nothing would be better than beating those bush donkeys next week to deliver some STFU.

Why are Australians incapable of playing rugby in damp or wet conditions (apart from local councils going to water at the first sign of rain)?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

I wasn't disappointed at all. I have said it before, it doesn't matter if the Force play running rugby. It doesn't help our fan base, winning does.

That's why I'm so critical of Foley deciding to completely change tactic after 4 seasons. We don't have the cattle to play like the Reds of 2011. But we do have the most complete loose backrow stocks in the Aus conference. Alcock, Hodgson, McCalman, Cottrel, Stander. All Super rugby quality. We need to do what we did in 2014. Arm wrestle teams out of the game and take our chances at goal. I'd love to see some sweeping backline moves as well, but more than happy to grind. The not negotiable part needs to be skills execution. Protect the ball into contact, don't throw miracle balls and work hard off the ball. That'd do me fine.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
And the skills execution last night were poor.

We also need a TH. Millar's either going to get better, get replaced, or get binned most matches. Ben Daley is not a formidable scrummager and he monstered Millar.

Status
Not open for further replies.