• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Force Round 2 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Any more excuses champ? You're starting to sound like you have a strong case of denial.
Look it was greasy and sweaty. But i have been there in March before with the heat and humidity and the handling was better. The Force handled the conditions better. With all the dropped pill and the Reds scrum being as dominant as it was they should have converted to a lead but could not.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

Any more excuses champ? You're starting to sound like you have a strong case of denial.
We won the game....second in our conference. That's the kind of hard data I'm working off. We'll keep working to improve as a team.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I wasn't disappointed at all. I have said it before, it doesn't matter if the Force play running rugby. It doesn't help our fan base, winning does.

That's why I'm so critical of Foley deciding to completely change tactic after 4 seasons. We don't have the cattle to play like the Reds of 2011. But we do have the most complete loose backrow stocks in the Aus conference. Alcock, Hodgson, McCalman, Cottrel, Stander. All Super rugby quality. We need to do what we did in 2014. Arm wrestle teams out of the game and take our chances at goal. I'd love to see some sweeping backline moves as well, but more than happy to grind. The not negotiable part needs to be skills execution. Protect the ball into contact, don't throw miracle balls and work hard off the ball. That'd do me fine.
That's great but it won't win us a title any time soon. I think we have the cattle but if they never get the ball how can they grow in confidence. Winnings great but it looks like the fans want running rugby this year. Heaps of disappointed force fans on social media even with the win

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Actually, the laziness in the supporting players is the issue. He could try to protect the ball all he wants and he will just get called out for holding on.

His runs are no different to any other centres in the other teams - it's just that when he gets tackled there is no one else there to clear out the counter ruck.

It's endemic to poor coaching that the things that other teams do become unattainable.

Yeah, I can accept that Gel, but by the same token, Hunt finished on his back in a number of tackles with the ball just sitting there waiting to be picked off by the Force. So, in my eyes he contributed to the turnovers perhaps just as much as the lack of support players.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I know a lot of people have already mentioned it but if there is a positive for the Reds tonight it's that the set piece is still the best in the competition. From start to finish the set piece did not fluctuate and it's hard to produce that. The reserve front row deserve a mentioned for adding to the game when they came on. Should see some players rewarded for there showing in gold later this year.

Things will need to improve dramatically for any Red other than Holmes to have a chance to play in gold this year.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I know a lot of people have already mentioned it but if there is a positive for the Reds tonight it's that the set piece is still the best in the competition. From start to finish the set piece did not fluctuate and it's hard to produce that. The reserve front row deserve a mentioned for adding to the game when they came on. Should see some players rewarded for there showing in gold later this year.

One of the best, I wouldn't say the best..

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think we have the cattle
That's where you and I differ. I think we have improved with the addition of Lance, Tapuai and Masirewa. But neither of Tapuai or Lance could crack the best 15 at their previous franchise. Which tells you how low a base we're staring from.

And I think that's because of the coach. No big names want to come and play for him.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Why o why would Squeaky return to this shemozzle?
Maybe he knows something about the coaching situation that we don't?

What happened to that rumour that Lord Laurie was leaving Gloucester for the Reds after this season?? Was that ever debunked?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
See I look at dhp and Morohan being a better 2

DHP is probably the 2nd best fullback in Aus currently. Morahan is looking better, but last season his attitude looked suspect. Like he was homesick and didn't want to be here. I think our real problem is 13. Tapuai is a better 12. Godwin is a better 12. Rasolea should be the bloke, but he just never grabs the opportunity.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
DHP is probably the 2nd best fullback in Aus currently. Morahan is looking better, but last season his attitude looked suspect. Like he was homesick and didn't want to be here. I think our real problem is 13. Tapuai is a better 12. Godwin is a better 12. Rasolea should be the bloke, but he just never grabs the opportunity.
Godwin and rosolea were becoming a great centre pairing. What happened! Agree with dhp. Really strong in the tackle

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That was a pretty diabolical game and one that I couldn't wait to finish. Still, we won and that's great. DHP had a ripper game and will hopefully come into Wallaby squad consideration later in the year. I think he's earned the right to at least be in the frame.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I do wonder whether its really all the 2 coaches fault. Does a coach really make both teams play as poorly as that? Can they really make such a huge difference and turn a team from that rubbish into a top flight team??

I remain less than convinced. There are other factors at play, Australia cannot possibly support 5 Super Rugby teams, too many teams also causes damage to the game in this country IMO.

The lack of a competition of the quality of ITM Cup or Curry Cup is another - and related factor. Then we have so little quality club rugby at the level below NRC. The whole structure and organisation of the game in this country probably need a re-think.

Thats not likely to happen, to many vested interests at play and it would mean a total restructure of the concept of Super Rugby. Anyway, discussion for another thread and time!
If the number of teams is reduced then how do you decide which team goes? The Reds are the worst team and with the current coaching set up have the least potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.