• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 17: Reds v Blues

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'm sure the reds Fwds are very fed up with the backs poor kicking game. nothing worse then standing the in middle runing back and forth for a net loss in position.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Jeez I miss Ballymore...

I miss: (see post #4 above) consistently excellent quick passing at pace from both hands; coherent, skillful back line ensemble play; players getting quickly into the right attacking and support positions and finding space; low level of unforced fumbles; and generally good interchange between forwards and backs.

Any rugby fan who thinks that base skill levels have not fallen badly in 20+ years within Australian elite rugby is either relatively new to the game or has a poor visual memory.

B

Bobby Sands

I'm sure the reds Fwds are very fed up with the backs poor kicking game. nothing worse then standing the in middle runing back and forth for a net loss in position.

"Yeah damn those ballerinas, we pigs (collective noun), are the real heroes here."

I am certain this is how professional rugby forwards think about the game. :rolleyes:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just a question out of interest Bobby. Why go to the trouble of describing pigs as a collective noun, which by definition is singular, and then use the plural version of the verb after it?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I can confidently say that the Purple Match will not, unfortunately, be as entertaining as the Purple Wedding.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Anyone have the Malolua/McGahan combo for the second last game of the season in the Reds halves pool?

'(McGahan) was pretty much in the 'journeyman' category.'

Maloula and McGahan are both part of the same evangelical church in Brisbane so maybe they have some form of combination from that relationship.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
14-0 to the Blues after 19. Reds d is very passive at the moment. This is going to get ugly unless they get their act together

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
And they do get their act together! Kerevi creates something from nothing and jock Campell puts huggers down the sideline

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Inconsistency in refereeing kills me, this ref isn’t enforcing the tackler to release the player on the ground, which means players getting stuck in awkward positions when they fall, which is vastly different to how other refs have officiated the tackle in previous rounds.

I don’t care how they referee things, just make it fucking consistent throughout the season and across refs.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds kicking game is killing them again

Reds depth in attack is killing them

Reds 2nd+ phase play is killing them

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
And this try comes back to my comment about the referees interpretation of what is ‘tackled’, if he is tackled then it’s a no-try