• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 17: Reds v Blues

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Blues try at the start of the second half really annoys me. Why can't these bastards do that consistently?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Blues really should've won that one pretty comfortably. Unfortunately they're the Blues, so they didn't.
Why? They looked pretty ordinary in the second half, in the face of what was essentially one-out crash ball.

B

Bobby Sands

Think Kerevi's reaction to that win probably means he's definitely off hey.

Also, fuck yeah, feels good to win.

If Kerevi want to go, let him.

Petaia is the prince who was promised.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why? They looked pretty ordinary in the second half, in the face of what was essentially one-out crash ball.

Mostly breaks being made relatively easily before being squandered by (compounding) small mistakes. Pulu's not-quite-third try, for instance. Or the break down the left wing in the second half that was moving out to the overlapped right wing breaking down off a low pass to Plummer which resulted in an even lower pass to Nonu, who couldn't reel it in. If those passes stick, then it's almost a guaranteed a Blues try.

Also an apparent reluctance to use Crusaders mode -- which yielded their first try of the second half in brisk fashion -- more than once every few weeks. I dare say if the Crusaders scored that quickly/easily, then Whitelock would spam those plays until the game was properly out of reach or the Red's managed to contain it. On the other hand, the Blues use it once, say 'huh, that's neat' when it works, then never bother going back to it again. Though, admittedly, it is off a lineout, so does rely on Stormtrooper Parons being able to hit his targets. Which is, of course, a flip-of-the-coin situation at best.

Then there were matters that were, how should I say, beyond their control. But it was the penultimate match for two teams, that had no impact on the postseason picture, so who cares.

B

Bobby Sands

Wouldn't hurt to have two of 'em hey.

Yeah but you only keep who wants to stay.

Why he would leave now is bizarre, but I am sure he has his reasons, however it means little to me.

Duncan was a prime example of how much better look with a player who can create space.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Stewart not getting on and barely 5 mins for Adam K .

What’s going on with our bench ? Are they just injury cover ?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well after going to every Reds game this year, I had the feeling they are learning how to win, neither team was great, but I thought Reds really played to their potential and deserved win. Fo Blues there was some dumbshit stuff at times, and I know they had ABs on rest, but there wasn't anyone playing for them that looked like they were putting up their hands for higher honours, Nonu did some good stuff but lost ball too many times, Akira looked to be back to avoiding the hard work at times, although generally he got into it. Although I though Blues blew it, take nothing away from Reds who as I said played to their potential!!

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
McGahan needs to be locked up long term
Really. There’s better 10’s running around in premier grade at the moment. I’m more interested to see what they do with the 9’s. Sorovi and Tuttle on the outer. Tuttle won’t play for reds again and sorovi will struggle to get a run in his last year. I’d say BT will elevate SM and abolish MS back to club next year. Good old BT looking after his own.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sad to see the last of Higgers in a Reds journey at Suncorp. I remember him coming on for the first time in a 22(?) jersey in the redemption game against the Bulls in 2008 and being instantly impressed. He's the last of the Reds glory 2011 generation, and it's a damn shame it never worked out for him at international level.

Losing Kerevi at this stage is just tragic.