• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 17: Reds v Blues

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This has been getting progressively worse. The crawling along the ground as well. Ridiculous.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This referees interpretation of the tackle, and what was held/tackled was frustrating to watch.

All season other referees have been officiating the games by making tacklers release the tackled player, yet his interpretation of the law was significantly different which has flow on effects to other areas of the game like the ruck. That wasn't 'held', but then the TMO ruled against a try which had a similar movement because he was tackled and didn't release the ball. I agree it wasn't a try, but if that wasn't a try and that shouldn't be "play-on".

Again, I'm not fussed which way they decide to go on the law itself, but just make that interpretation consistent across all games and referees.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm sure Dismal was filthy though...

Thankfully, my dodgy stream had cut of by then, sparing me the angst.

Come to think of it, might watch all future Auckland Blues matches on jumpy streams. I think the general air of infuriating exasperation that a jumpy stream provides would only add to the air of self-antagonism and helplessness that surrounds your average Auckland Blues telecast.

"Yeah, I watched the whole game. Didn't see any of it though. Thank Christ."

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Come to think of it, might watch all future Auckland Blues matches on jumpy streams. I think the general air of infuriating exasperation that a jumpy stream provides would only add to the air of self-antagonism and helplessness that surrounds your average Auckland Blues telecast.

When the stream drops do you get OMC playing in the interlude?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

By that, do you mean you'd sobered up?o_O