• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Hurricanes v Waratahs - Friday 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
If I am honest, I really don't know why NSW have Gibson as coach. I understand that he was asst manager when they won it but he doesn't have any real coaching pedigree and Aussie's premier team should have their top coaches at the helm.

Or if you do have to have a NZer then get a bloody good one!

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
If I am honest, I really don't know why NSW have Gibson as coach. I understand that he was asst manager when they won it but he doesn't have any real coaching pedigree and Aussie's premier team should have their top coaches at the helm.

Or if you do have to have a NZer then get a bloody good one!
aus rugby could do with Mr G Henry

N

NTT

Waratahs need new locks. Mumm and Skelton just aren't a good combination. Hooper needs to be harder at the ball at the breakdown on defense. Taking off Gordon is dumb. Folau back to fullback, he's not gelling with either of your 12s. Horwitz and Simone into the centres. Kellaway to start on a wing. Naiyayovoro off the bench for impact.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Why did he bring fucken Phipps on so early? Team scored a few tries in spite of their coaching

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hurricanes doing their level best to impersonate the Blues here. But they just don't seem to have that certain je ne sais quoi that all awful Blues teams possess.

EDIT: Maybe I spoke too son?

N

NTT

Waratahs need new locks. Mumm and Skelton just aren't a good combination. Hooper needs to be harder at the ball at the breakdown on defense. Taking off Gordon is dumb. Folau back to fullback, he's not gelling with either of your 12s. Horwitz and Simone into the centres. Kellaway to start on a wing. Naiyayovoro off the bench for impact.

And start the game of better. First 40 has been a problem in most games.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well good comeback from the Tahs, I suspect the Canes may of buttoned off a little, but I not taking anything away from Tahs 2nd half. I thought Beaudens first half yellow was fairly hard,(but maybe fair) but certainly agreed the 2nd one was almost worth a red on it's own. For all the criticsm of Foley he certainly the best 10 in Aus in my opinion, and I still wonderf why Folau is not on a wing!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
x1irnp.png

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Man why does it take 40 minutes of bullshit for the tahs to turn on. Also Phipps can fuck off because Gordon is form halfback in aus atm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Good comeback from the Tahs but wonder if the Canes had decided they had this won at half time (understandable really). As a neutral, I thought Hegarty showed some good signs in the 2nd half, Skelton should go to Saracens already, and what a great display of how low tackling can stop a much bigger man when the shortish Canes winger brought down that very large but generally ineffective Tahs winger who was celebrated for his try last week. Canes went low on one leg and brought him down, and he couldn't even hold onto the ball. That was an indication of a player who has failed to learn basic skills due to their size advantage during formative years. I pointed the tackle out to one of the junior players in my house and every junior coach could benefit from showing this one to their players, not only to demonstrate the benefit of going low on big guys, but also to demonstrate why big guys need to develop their skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.