• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Hurricanes v Waratahs - Friday 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

The ARU atribute this loss to the Force draining player resources who should have been shoring up the Eastern front.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it. But why didn't they take the 3 at the end for the bonus point? I'm a tight league (well aus conference) what the hell!

Also Gordon off after 50mins???????

Plus it's time aus rugby rids itself of player that are one dimensional in the modern game. E.g. Dean mumm, if you can pass, tackle, etc you don't belong in the game that is rugby in 2017.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree with the comments that Hooper just looks bone weary.
The most subdued I've seen him at the breakdown.
His stats were 17 Total Rucks - 11 Attack/6 Defence.

His SR2017 average after Round 7 - 23T - 17A/6D

SR2016 average - 27T - 19A/8D

Skelton went off at 55 mins with 18 Ruck Involvements (12A/6D).
At that stage Hooper had 10 RIs - 5A/5D.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Agree FF (Folau Fainga'a), Hooper looks like he getting run into the ground, I wouldn't mind betting Chuckles is almost hoping he picks up a minor injury so he can get a rest. I was pretty impressed with him last week against the Saders, but not quite so much last night.

Plus it's time aus rugby rids itself of player that are one dimensional in the modern game. E.g. Dean mumm, if you can pass, tackle, etc you don't belong in the game that is rugby in 2017.

Something that struck me last night Rebels was the skill difference in the forwards, mainly after a couple of little quick flick passes from Ben May the Cane's prop, who I had never thought as been all that special, but almost all kiwi forwards nowadays have the complete skill set.

Also meant to add Goosen on the wing for Canes continues to impress me, thought he looked good in Mitre 10 cup last year, and along with Proctor, Lamaupe and Aso show the Canes are more than just the All Blacks they have (mind you I reckon Proctor would not disgrace a Black jersey).

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Something that struck me last night Rebels was the skill difference in the forwards, mainly after a couple of little quick flick passes from Ben May the Cane's prop, who I had never thought as been all that special, but almost all kiwi forwards nowadays have the complete skill set.

I think they're allowed, even encouraged or expected, to have all the skills Dan. OTH Aus forwards, tight 5 particularly, seem to think the whole game is just pick and dive for less than a metre gain each time. Very few ball handling skills on show here unfortunately.

Edit: I misspelt drive above, but decided to let it stand as it better describes the situation.;)

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Usless kiwi maggots booing Foley for kicking the ball Out in his own in goal. Wow

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

In general, I am not a fan of kiwis, but I will have to defend them here. If you were a Hurricane fan and saw that Foley was going to perform a clearing kick from in-goal, you would be happy, knowing that you were probably going to regain possession 30m out, in good field position with a broken field to attack. I could only imagine the disbelief and fully understand the anger, when instead of getting the ball in an attacking position, he actually found touch and thus, robbed their side of 7 points.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Man for the sake of Aus Rugby i hope people watch last nights halves in isolation - 2 different game plans.

One was far more enjoyable to watch, one had us coring more points, one had the ball in hand a far lot more. Repeat it and repeat it again and again and again and you get better and better.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

His SR2017 average after Round 7 - 23T - 17A/6D

SR2016 average - 27T - 19A/8D

Skelton went off at 55 mins with 18 Ruck Involvements (12A/6D).
At that stage Hooper had 10 RIs - 5A/5D.

Waiting for Shiggins to blame this on the refs :rolleyes:

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Glad Foley came thru unscathed, A few wayward passes but overall I thought he was good. By far the best 10 in Aussie.

Hooper is getting poorer. Runs around unbelievably but is shit over the ball. He is just not a 7. Takes little responsibility for anything that he does wrong

Folau is poor and has been for so long. I even would choose K Hunt over him. Gibson needs to really send him a message.

I was gobsmacked that Phipps came on so early.

Gibson must be frustrated and so would the Tahs Powers that Be (with Gibson - or at least the results this year)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Who would you have at 7 in front of Hooper Scrub? Yesterday may not have been his best game, but he is one person in a team that is struggling and, IMO the biggest issue is Latu is the only other forward performing anywhere near the level required.

True - Hooper is not an 'on the ball' 7 in the fashion of Pocock, but he has an incredible work rate and actually makes an impact in both attack and defence - something we really lack through our current forward packs.

I just don't get the continual criticism of him when he is one of the few guys we have who performs consistently at super and test level.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
In the long run I believe the Tahs' real weakness in the forwards has been the second row. Props are very good when Robertson is available and Kepu is fit or uninjured(?). Hanigan is looking the goods at No 6 and Holloway just needs to regain game fitness from his long injury layoff. Get a couple of better performing locks and that'll be a very strong pack.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Who would you have at 7 in front of Hooper Scrub? Yesterday may not have been his best game, but he is one person in a team that is struggling and, IMO the biggest issue is Latu is the only other forward performing anywhere near the level required.

True - Hooper is not an 'on the ball' 7 in the fashion of Pocock, but he has an incredible work rate and actually makes an impact in both attack and defence - something we really lack through our current forward packs.

I just don't get the continual criticism of him when he is one of the few guys we have who performs consistently at super and test level.
Hooper seems to have free licence to be anywhere he wants as a mr fixit. Great work rate but easily blown off the ball given he is a bit small and often fighting in his lonesome

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.