• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Canterbury are offering the 2012 Waratahs (Home and Away) jerseys at the following prices:

Mens - $120 (RRP $160)
Womens - $110 (RRP $140)
Kids - $100 (RRP $130)

The discounted prices are available until 25 February 2012 via www.canterburyshop.com.au using the promo code WTAH2012PREORDER.

Although it's supposed to be a member offer, the Canterbury website doesn't appear to require a member number.
This shits me off so much. I do the right thing and support the team by taking out a membership, I go out and buy the jersey with some mates when it comes out... And they then come out with this offer. Bastards... It's things like this that piss me off about the Tahs. Why not tell us of these offers when the membership is sent out!.. And while you're at it make the jersey available before Christmas. Plenty of fans would want merchandise at Christmas.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
In case people haven't seen it hiding away on the SA thread, here is a look at the Stade Francais, I mean Bulls 2012 Away Jersey....

Thoughts? Would you be happy if your side ran out in a Pink & Purple jersey? For mine, this thing makes the Highlanders Highlighter Green jersey look good.

View attachment 2007
that is wrong. It's makes the big bash shirts look classy

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
This shits me off so much. I do the right thing and support the team by taking out a membership, I go out and buy the jersey with some mates when it comes out... And they then come out with this offer. Bastards... It's things like this that piss me off about the Tahs. Why not tell us of these offers when the membership is sent out!.. And while you're at it make the jersey available before Christmas. Plenty of fans would want merchandise at Christmas.

Too right, even if the jerseys were not available, the Tahs should have offered this deal as a pre-order when members signed up for the 2012 season. If you wanted to give the jersey as a Christmas gift then they could send you a certificate to give to the intended gift recipient to let them know a jersey is on the way for them.

I recall for the 2011 season, they had the Tah Trolley whereby members could buy Tahs gear at a discount when they signed up...the jersey was available for $96.50. Perhaps the Tah Trolley wasn't a successful promotion otherwise why wouldn't you run it again?

From what I could find on the rugby gear websites and in-stores, it doesn't appear that any of the Australian Super Rugby franchises had their jerseys out for Christmas. There has to be a reason for this (finalising sponsor placements, supply issues). If not, then it is pretty poor planning.

You could get in touch with Tahs Membership and let them know your feelings...maybe that will give them a wake up call.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
From what I could find on the rugby gear websites and in-stores, it doesn't appear that any of the Australian Super Rugby franchises had their jerseys out for Christmas. There has to be a reason for this (finalising sponsor placements, supply issues). If not, then it is pretty poor planning.

I know the Rebels chose to hold off for a while as sponsorships were still being negotiated.

They cut their losses mid-January and released the shirt clean (only the existing Rabo sponsoring), then a few weeks later the EnergyWatch and FXPro marks were added to the players' kit.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)

I agree totally. Way too much. There is little incentive to become a 'member', you might get to meet some players and get a lanyard. With the already saturated football market there is in this city i would much rather put my money into membership that means something.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
So which membership/s have you put money into that mean something to you? Just interested as most memberships look similar in what they offer.

What i meant was that i could put membership into a local grass roots club or a shute shield club, where i could vote and have an opportunity to say how the club was run.

The NRL has done a good job this year of getting some merch out to the members for added incentive. The Tah's appear to have dropped the ball on this one.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
they should set it up so you could get exclusive members (traditional) style jerseys with one of the decent sized memberships.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
What i meant was that i could put membership into a local grass roots club or a shute shield club, where i could vote and have an opportunity to say how the club was run.

The NRL has done a good job this year of getting some merch out to the members for added incentive. The Tah's appear to have dropped the ball on this one.

I see what you mean. Not many opportunities like that with the professional teams. For true membership, your best bet would probably be the local club or Shute Shield team.

I wouldn't be keen to pay more for a season ticket to get more stuff, but agree it should be an optional extra to purchase gear at a decent discount.

they should set it up so you could get exclusive members (traditional) style jerseys with one of the decent sized memberships.

With the top two tiers of 2012 membership for the NRL Eels, you receive a signed jersey. Limited to a combined total of 300.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
One of my pet gripes is going to watch the Tahs and seeing so little sky blue at the stadium.

Did you manage to get out to the Tahs vs Reds game?

If not, you maybe pleased to hear that HSBC has replaced the banners they hand out for their Flash for Cash half time promotion with a decent sized sky blue flag (approx 60x40cm). One side with the Tahs logo and the other with the promotion details. Great to see thousands of them being waved when the two tries were scored.

Apparently, they will be giving these away during all home games. They looked to be quite popular as most fans were taking them home unlike the banners.

Another thing about the sky blue, part of the issue may be that the colour blends in with the seating at both Homebush and SFS. It didn't occur to me until I noticed how well the Reds fans stood out in the crowd and there seemed to be a fair few people decked out in Tahs gear.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
KooGa's deal of the week is something they are calling the Secret Sack.
https://shop.kooga.com.au/SearchResults.asp?Cat=129

For this week only we are offering $39 worth of KooGa mystery kit for $29. Hidden among our secret sacks will not only be quality KooGa kit like polos, shorts, hoodies, hats & more, but also the chance to score authentic signed memorabilia from our pro teams. Including an authentic signed Qantas Wallabies Jersey, a Melbourne Storm signed Jersey, a signed Brisbane Lions Jersey, two official AFL balls signed by the Brisbane Lions and many other jerseys signed by players. We will also be hiding pro team kit and other goodies in the sacks. So take a punt on a Secret Sack today for your chance to score.

Here is a full list of what we will be hiding in our secret sacks:

1X Official signed and numbered Wallabies Jersey
1X Official Signed Melbourne Storm Jersey
1X Official signed Brisbane Lions Jersey
2X Official Brisbane Lions signed Sherrin Footballs
1X Western Force Jersey signed by 4 squad members
2X Traditional Wallabies Jerseys signed by 3 squad members
1X Brisbane Heat shirt signed by Dan Christian & Nathan Hauritz
1X Sydney Thunder shirt signed by Chris Gayle & Usman Khawaja
Over 30 replica Jerseys from our pro teams including: The Wallabies, QLD Reds, Melbourne Storm, Richmond Tigers, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane Lions, Brumbies, Western Force & Melbourne Rebels.

The Secret Sack deal will close at midnight on Sunday 18th of March.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting.....

What is fun though is the design your own jersey section. Pink with red stripes, emerald collar and black flame type things. Easily the ugliest jersey never made.

I like checking out the deals of the week, and I need a new Reds jersey, but I don't need a tent.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Interesting idea, but is it really a good deal?

The Secret Sack is supposed to contain $39.00 of KooGa gear and is selling for $29.00. Factor in delivery of $10.00 for one sack and there is no discount. Furthermore, when you consider you don’t get to choose what you buy and it doesn’t seem all that great. Sure, there is the chance you may get some signed memorabilia or a jersey. But unless you are a fan of the team or sport, it’s probably hard to get excited about it.

Compared to some of the other Deals of the Week, KooGa have had, this one isn’t one of their best….would not want to get one and end up with a cap and a pair of socks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree.

$39 is a lot to spend to have a chance at a nice item.

It might be more appealing if you had some sort of idea what your chances were. If they were only going to sell 100 of the things and out of that 10 people got signed items and 30 got proper replica jerseys then it might be worth the punt.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree.

$39 is a lot to spend to have a chance at a nice item.

It might be more appealing if you had some sort of idea what your chances were. If they were only going to sell 100 of the things and out of that 10 people got signed items and 30 got proper replica jerseys then it might be worth the punt.

Or perhaps if you could at least choose the code.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Interesting idea, but is it really a good deal?

The Secret Sack is supposed to contain $39.00 of KooGa gear and is selling for $29.00. Factor in delivery of $10.00 for one sack and there is no discount. Furthermore, when you consider you don’t get to choose what you buy and it doesn’t seem all that great. Sure, there is the chance you may get some signed memorabilia or a jersey. But unless you are a fan of the team or sport, it’s probably hard to get excited about it.

Compared to some of the other Deals of the Week, KooGa have had, this one isn’t one of their best….would not want to get one and end up with a cap and a pair of socks.
Have you seen the price of sock on the Koogaa site? $50 for wallabies socks!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Have you seen the price of sock on the Koogaa site? $50 for wallabies socks!

Sheesh...what are they made of? Wallaby fur?

If you're a Rebels fan, maybe better off opening a Rabo bank account and get the Rebels pack of cap, polo, and scarf.