• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby - not set pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The first tackle was fine, borderline lifting, but certainly not late. The second one was just weird. Sort of the opposite of what North did to Folau in the Lions series. It was pretty stupid but once he had Habana in a compromised position he did what he could do to keep him relatively safe I guess. Pretty dumb and would imagine he'll get a decent rest for it.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Man that is some dumb, dangerous rugby from Ioane...
I'm not such a big Digby fan these days but I kinda feel sorry for him on those two. The first one he clearly had his head down and accidentally caught Habana low. He wouldn't have know he'd definitely passed the ball so he had to complete the tackle. Not much in it, he realised part way through and did his best to let him down gently.

The second one was dumb, but at least he really made an effort to not drop him on his head, so much that he sacrificed himself and rolled underneath to try and hide from what he had done.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with both tackles.
I get what you're saying and I must admit that was my first thought too but it's a bit tough to argue that in the second one he didn't lift Habana past horizontal. Absolutely no malice in it and it's just one of those weird things that happens in rugby every now and then but he lifted habana past the horizontal and you just can't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
First tackle Habana is well past horizontal and should have been a yellow card.

Second 'tackle' is just ridiculous. All it would have taken is for Ioane to stumble as he went backwards or for someone coming thru to not be able to stop themselves and Habana is flipping' piledriven into the ground.

There is no need or reason to lift in tackles - it's just stupid stupid rugby here. I don't think there is any malice in either but it is - again - dumb, dangerous play.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The first tackle was almost text book. Front on, hit hard and driven backwards into the turf. If that's a yellow card then most games will be reduced to 7's. Rubbish.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Timing for the first tackle was off, even though Digby may not've been able to see the ball was gone. Still, yer can't tackle blokes without the ball.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Geez there was two third of fuck all in it! I would say the timing was spot on as it's Digby's tackle that causes the errant pass. Watch it at normal speed and without the ridiculous commentary.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, I don't think the first tackle is late but he does take him just past the horizontal.

If Habana doesn't put his arm out to support his landing, it would look a lot uglier.

The second one is a shocker though. Clearly putting a player upside down and holding them there is dangerous. He's lucky no one else intervened and he got him to the ground safely.

I thought the referee's treatment of each was good though. A penalty and a yellow card respectively seem appropriate.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The first tackle was almost text book. Front on, hit hard and driven head-first into the turf. If that's a yellow card then most games will be reduced to 7's. Rubbish. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed.

If you can't make a good, hard hit without lifting a guy and trying drive him, you read the text book wrong.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fixed.

If you can't make a good, hard hit without lifting a guy and trying drive him, you read the text book wrong.

"Well past horizontal" and now "driven head first into the turf". I don't know about me reading the textbook wrong but I think you watched the wrong video.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
nah....I watched the right video but didn't have red or green and gold glasses on....take urs off and you'll get a better perspective especially of what 'horizontal' is...

Sent from my iPhoneg mech
Ummm using nhh a
He

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Classic fall back position BR. I disagree with you so obviously I can't look at it objectively. We disagree and that's cool. I don't really feel like getting into it to be honest. It was more your sensational language that amused me.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Salesi Ma'afu dealing with Tom Youngs appropriately.

Bn0YZ5hCMAAtiKq.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.