• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Quotes of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
47195438.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon he will be copping heaps from his team mates.

As they say, throw enough sh!t and some will stick. Laxatives encourage the rapid distribution of said smelly brown substance. I'd reckon the nickname Tom Not So Good at English will cop from team mates will be more related to the brown stuff than his grasp of the English language.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
"If I was going to say yes or no [to whether NSW can win the competition], then this is probably the biggest yes I could say out of the seasons I've ever played in for the Waratahs," Robinson said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/benn-robinson-optimistic-about-waratahs-year-20140327-zqncx.html#ixzz2xCwWwzdS

Waratahs - over-promising and under-delivering since 1882.

Lets wait at least till Sunday morning before we write the Tah obituary. Its going to be a long season and anything can happen, but we are playing better football than we have ever done, except for the year we lost the final to the Saders the first time. And that Saders team was a champion outfit.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Lets wait at least till Sunday morning before we write the Tah obituary. Its going to be a long season and anything can happen, but we are playing better football than we have ever done, except for the year we lost the final to the Saders the first time. And that Saders team was a champion outfit.

Certainly. Always good to stick the boot into the Tahs though and this was an opportunity to good to pass up.

They are playing very well and deserve to be up there with the favourites for the title. After all these years though it must be a bit disappointing from the fan perspective that some players are maybe getting ahead of themselves. As you say there is a long way to go. The statement is also fairly innocuous so I realise some will accuse me of blowing it out of proportion, I would refer those people back to my first sentence.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Certainly. Always good to stick the boot into the Tahs though and this was an opportunity to good to pass up.

They are playing very well and deserve to be up there with the favourites for the title. After all these years though it must be a bit disappointing from the fan perspective that some players are maybe getting ahead of themselves. As you say there is a long way to go. The statement is also fairly innocuous so I realise some will accuse me of blowing it out of proportion, I would refer those people back to my first sentence.
"Certainly"? ;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Haven't read anything yet that says the players are getting ahead of themselves. Everything I've read from the camp is they are very grounded and aware they haven't achieved anything yet.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Heard from the NZ commentator (possibly Keith Quinn) during Hong Kong Sevens

"They have closed access to the South Stand. It is full. They are only letting people in when someone leaves"

With crowds seemingly falling everywhere (not just in rugby), how refreshing is it to hear about a "sellout"?

"There are no seats left at the Randwick End, and I can only see a couple of gaps at the Paddington End." - Yeah Right. What do we get at SFS?
"If you want a beer or a pie, the wait at the Paddington end is 16 minutes, it will be warm, 1/2 strength and overpriced."

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Not the same Hugh.
This is a carnival,that just happens to have some 7's played during it.
No one in the South stand is there for the Rugby.
I was paying close to AUD $40 for a jug there more than 5 years ago,and the pies weren't cheap there either.
Despite it being a sellout,if the Poms are dispatched early,1/2 the crowd goes home before the final.
So you can't compare it to anything we do here.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How many other "Carnivals" on the 7's circuit do they sell out - Twickers? A sell out is rare.

Who cares if the Soapies leave after they get knocked out?

There appeared to be more at Foreshaw Park to watch the Waratah Sheild final match last year than there was at the most recent Rugby 7's World Cup in Moscow. Even the NZ 7's at Wellington looked pretty vacant.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's not Rugby but Rugby League. My dad was telling me the other day that in a game featuring the Gold Coast Titans, the referee was speaking with Titans captain, Nate Myles about repeated infringements I think.

Anyway the ref said, "Nate if you don't sort your players out, one of them is going to the bin."
Apparently the refs effects mic picked up Nates reply which wants something like, "Yeah ok. Can you make it one of the centres? Neither of them can tackle."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
From Garrett Williamson after halting the advantage and returning to a penalty. I can only imagine one of the players had asked him to check with the TMO regarding a try.

"Unfortunately it is not a player review system."

I had a little chuckle anyway.....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
things like political elections may as well be carried out via coin toss.

Actually, its far, far worse. A coin toss would be a relief and give me back a Saturday morning and a shitload of tax money every couple of years.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Lions v Crusaders

Warren Brosnihan on Nemani Nadolo (brother of Chris Kuridrani, and cousin of Tevita Kuridrani and Lote Tuqiri) who has changed his name a couple of times since he went to Nudgee College.

He's a large specimen and over 125 kgs—when he walked past me I thought the sun had gone down.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
G&GR's own Beau Robinson on the Blog Front page

I’m just a country boy from a working class background that was saturated and surrounded by League growing up and was drawn to this great game by watching the Wallabies win the 1999 World Cup, John Eales kick us to historic Bledisloe victories, school boy rugby games attended by 15000 people, and the great spectacle that was the 2001 British and Irish Lions tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.