• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Quotes of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
IMG_1003294393705338.jpeg

Found on Facebook

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Asian 5 Nations Korea vs. Hong Kong
Commentator: 'Penalty, Hong Kong in from the side. It may have been James Cooper who the referee is fingering..."

What?!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
"Nick Cummins confirmed as a non-kicker of the football"

Think it may have been Marto, can't quite recall because I was laughing way too hard.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Harry Bergellin on ABC TV on the secret that took him to being the top try scorer in Shute Shield:

"Just figure out who is good at running the ball and get near them."

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bernard Foley on That Kick:

I knew it was right on my distance. I knew I didn’t have much left in it. I had to give it a lot. The rugby Gods are smiling over us. It was just reward I suppose for what the team has done. To win like that is probably a dream come true.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Richard Loe:

It’s understandable that, for a lot of people, last night’s Super Rugby final was being viewed as a kind of unofficial third Bledisloe Cup test

Umm Richard, there are three Bledisloe Tests: Sydney, Auckland and Brisbane.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Craig Joubert penalises NZ for a breakdown infringement [#6 Kaino], but does not mention a number at the time the penalty is awarded in the Rugby Championship game between NZ and ARG. About 32 minutes on the game clock.

"It's not you" he says to Sir Richie GOAT as if the penalty against Black 7 is the default setting.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Delon Armitage calling Hayman (his captain) a fluffybunny and telling him to fuck off. I bet he learnt that one from Gits.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
From this Weekend's Fitz Files:

Martin Stanley, brother of All Black centre "Smokin' Joe" Stanley, gives the eulogy at the funeral of their mother Nancy on Wednesday in Auckland: "During the last days in hospital Mum and I were talking about where we go after we pass. She said she expected to go up. I said, 'Mum, what if you go up, but I go down?' 'Then,' she said, 'I suppose I'll be watching the All Blacks on TV ... and you'll have to watch the Warriors'."

Status
Not open for further replies.