• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Ratings 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Has anyone thought of using late night game show tactics to up viewers. Im sure we would get a lot more viewers for a 2am SA kickoff if that annoying little prick from big brother was in the bottom corner with riddles to solve for $2000 when phoning in. Id happily stay up and watch us play shit and lose if i could pocket a lazy g. Food for thought...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Having a schtick isn't only applicable to comedy. I'm aware of the issues and challenges that are facing the game. But constant negativity doesn't help.

Att: wamberal.

Please note rule 8.1 subclase 6 of the ARU guide on dealing with reality. This is required to be used at all times.
Capture j.JPG

We thank you for you cooperation and membership.

Your local 'union" rep,

Capture u.JPG

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Having a schtick isn't only applicable to comedy. I'm aware of the issues and challenges that are facing the game. But constant negativity doesn't help.

You really think that my comment about the ABC broadcasting all A-League games was an example of "constant negativity"?

It is a fact. Facts are neither negative or positive, they are just facts.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Why did the abc cancel the qpr game of the round?? Reason i ask is both qpr and gps schools get streamed live with commentary. So the abc, or another station, requires zero resources, just to pay the handler. For me FTA is a must and it doesnt have to be super rugby.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Why did the abc cancel the qpr game of the round?? Reason i ask is both qpr and gps schools get streamed live with commentary. So the abc, or another station, requires zero resources, just to pay the handler. For me FTA is a must and it doesnt have to be super rugby.

I guess the ABC would argue that if it's available for live streaming then taxpayer money is not required for interested people to see the games.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Bledisloe 3 metro on ten - 414k
Bledisloe 3 on fox - 178k
So with regionals, it will probably end up something like 750-800k total

Womens test on fox - 33k

NRC GF on fox - 39k

As always, thanks to @mediaweekaus

Not to bad all considered, better than I expected.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

They cancelled a whole heap of things (including a bunch of live sport) when they had their budget cut a year or two ago.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
But thats my point/question... it could be (almost) free for the abc. Just use the reds footage and commentary

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think it will be easier to get womens rugby onto ABC and then attempt to piggyback off this.

The ABC has a priority to produce womens sport for television.

Status
Not open for further replies.