• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Ratings 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe 11:30am games in GMT is preferable for the completion as a whole?

Trying to think of ways why they would schedule it like that

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
BST at the moment so it's actually 12.30 starts. On a Saturday maybe, 9.30 works better, but on a Friday, the audience should be comparably negligible regardless of whether it's at 10.30 or 12.30, why should it matter?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Other reason I can come up with - Super Rugby draw was announced a couple of months before the NRL.

Perhaps the Broncos were pencilled in for Suncorp on Friday night, which means reds get Sat night and Force Friday.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm impressed that in round 5 the Reds played the Waratahs in Perth and 17k turned up
image.jpg

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs v Brumbies - 87k
Blues v Sharks - 36k

That tahs game really shows the battle the ARU will have averaging 100k for all oz super Rugby games.

Also, Lions v Suns on foxfooty - 177k

half

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^^

That Suns figure is amazing any idea why anyone...

I think the 100K is achievable but would need to lift Tahs & Reds games to 150K +, tis possible results/ promotion and style of play will all need to come together... achievable yes, possible yes, likely not without change .

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Other reason I can come up with - Super Rugby draw was announced a couple of months before the NRL.

Perhaps the Broncos were pencilled in for Suncorp on Friday night, which means reds get Sat night and Force Friday.

Broncos have 12 home games this year. 9 of those have been scheduled:
5 Friday nights
2 Thursday nights
2 Saturday nights

Their last 3 home games will be after super rugby finishes anyway.

IIRC last year Broncos played all their home games on a Friday night.

Not much room for the Reds to get a look in on a Friday night.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Do we know what total viewer numbers are in Australia are so far this season? Is there is an extra game each weekend so would assume this metric would be up

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Do we know what total viewer numbers are in Australia are so far this season? Is there is an extra game each weekend so would assume this metric would be up
The Wookie's website has the running total. Only 1 more game so far this year - probably due to what gets publicly reported, total is running a bit behind last year and hence the average is down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.