• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Rugby Challenge is the way to go. If I have some spare coin I may pick up the RWC2011 game just for the novelty.

Reactions: DPK

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I did with Fifa back in 06/07 when PES was apparently better but...

Rug Chug looks to have better gameplay and has more licenses so it's the one I will definitely buy

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
there was a game that came ut, forgotten the name, but it was unlicenced except for the english team, the aus team wore a shirt with a boomarang on it. the game was alright not great but fun, only problem was Robinson the english fullback ran at twice the speed of the next player, not joking, you could run around everyone anytime he got the ball.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Most likely World Championship Rugby WJ, england were the only licensed team in it and it was quite a fun game

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Some more Rug Chug gameplay footage released, this time from a public viewing in Dublin. Just because he mentioned it on the Sidhe forums I must credit Mystic86 for his hd camera work.

[video=youtube;FeVTrITRhcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTrITRhcU[/video]

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
That looks so good. I'm actually getting a bit excited about this. Does anyone have a release date yet? I see the RWC game will be out in August.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
gaeplay footage trailer just cae out, all gaeplay, looks brilliant. Apart fro a bit of dodgy echanics the lines the players run, passing etc all looks by far the best we have ever seen fro a rugby gae:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150261080674455&oid=233955433283328&comments

Yeah i hate the letter M too. :fishing

There seems to be a fair few Wallabies in that All-Stars side, Elsom, Mitchell and Genia i noticed. I'm excited for the games but will get the demo for RWC2011 that comes out on the 2nd of August to see if its any good.

Definitely getting Rugby Challenge if only because of the AUS & NZ licenses. Gameplay looks pretty good so hopefully it is!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
While off topic I thought that I should mention this here. I recently sent my PS3 back to Sony for repairs as my youngest son managed to put about 5 disks in at once. When I rang Sony they told me for a flat rate of $250 they would repair it. The machine is over 4 years old so well out of warranty. Yesterday after about 10 day since I sent it away I received a new console in the mail. They obviously find it to hard to fix them and just replace the console. Anyway I am very happy with Sony at the moment.
Now for 26 August to roll around so I can get Rugby Challenge.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Had the same problem at least twice Jets and received new consoles both times, they handle problems very well unlike many other competitors.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
More footage

[video=youtube;LFASTKgFUuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFASTKgFUuQ[/video]

F

Fredfreduels

Where is the rugby 2011 world cup demo? I can't find it on xbox live.

F

Fredfreduels

Imo rugby challenge is being overhyped. It looks solid however they have to improve the camera and kicking in the game. If they did this it would make for a fantastic game.

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
Downloaded the xbox demo for the Rugby World Cup game last night - it is pretty underwhelming. The gameplay was pretty much the same as I remember from the old EA Games. Hopefully Rugby Challenge will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.