• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's official, Ref: Owens
AR's: Barnes & Garces
TMO: Veldsman

And for the 3rd-place playoff it's Ref: Lacey, AR's: Jackson & Pollock*, TMO: Hughes.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/119101
Amidst all the noise about #JusticeForCraigJoubert and the selective and unprecedented criticism of his handling of the AUS v SCO match, this about Veldsman and his TMO performance at the start of RWC seems to have been forgotten about. He is probably no better than our very own Pedantic George.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...rove-overbearing-TMO-problem-at-the-World-Cup

Also Veldsman was the TMO who dealt with the Owen Farrell & Sam Burgess tackles in the AUS v ENG Pool game game.

Pretty sure that he has also been involved in some interesting TMO rulings from Super Rugby games as well over the past couple of years, particularly Reds and Auckland Blues games IIRC.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think it is Bob Dwyer who said to win a RWC you need to have 5 players in your team who are in the World All Stars XV.

Either NZL or AUS are going to win the RWC this weekend coming.

Who are the 5 World All Star XV players from NZL and/or AUS?

AUS
D Pocock
I Folau
S Kepu

NZL
A Smith
B Smith
S Whitelock

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Amidst all the noise about #JusticeForCraigJoubert and the selective and unprecedented criticism of his handling of the AUS v SCO match, this about Veldsman and his TMO performance at the start of RWC seems to have been forgotten about. He is probably no better than our very own Pedantic George.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...rove-overbearing-TMO-problem-at-the-World-Cup

Also Veldsman was the TMO who dealt with the Owen Farrell & Sam Burgess tackles in the AUS v ENG Pool game game.

Pretty sure that he has also been involved in some interesting TMO rulings from Super Rugby games as well over the past couple of years, particularly Reds and Auckland Blues games IIRC.

Not to mention a certain Ellis Park test match in 2011 "is there anything else you'd like to know" IIRC....

Hoping Pando is trying to be humorous here:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...reatest-champion/story-fni2fxyf-1227583268434

All Blacks will ignore it, of course, but I'd expect TSF to be going off about it right about now.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
For Sydney Siders.. There r $10 tickets to watch it (blown up Massively) from 2am on the IMAX screen. I think I'll watch it at home, but that would be something

Have they been doing that throughout the tournament? Anyone know of anything similar in Melbourne?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 09.08.02.png

So 83% of NZ herald readers think the ABs will win.
And they reckon we are arrogant: I doubt that a similar poll in an ozzie newspaper, no matter the sport, would come up with 83% of us thinking we were going to win.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Things they're better at:

● Attack (see France)
● Lineout
● Goalkicking
● Haka (especially the one with the throat-slitting gesture)
● Forming arrowhead formations
● Being very serious

Things we're better at:

● Defence
● Scrum (if Scotty Sio's fit)
● Breakdown
● Winning World Cups in the United Kingdom
Sex
● Mining
● Rugby foruming
● Self-deprecating humour

I don't know about Sex. I hear a lot of the AB's are pretty good winning over ewes with 'D' size bras.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
View attachment 7156
So 83% of NZ herald readers think the ABs will win.
And they reckon we are arrogant: I doubt that a similar poll in an ozzie newspaper, no matter the sport, would come up with 83% of us thinking we were going to win.

They're the best team in the world, and reigning champions. I think it's fine for them to believe they can win. Deserved favourites.

It's the many who think they have already won that make me laugh.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They're the best team in the world, and reigning champions. I think it's fine for them to believe they can win. Deserved favourites.

It's the many who think they have already won that make me laugh.

I think its fine for them to think they can its that they think they will win.
Unfortunately I don't think the ABs themselves think that they have already won it.

Jfunk

Frank Row (1)
Surely the result of this game will depend on whether the Kiwis are allowed to play offside as they normally do in defence, or whether they will be required to stand behind the last mans feet in the ruck as most other teams do.

Status
Not open for further replies.