• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
ugh its only 1 day into the pre-match build and already the kiwi cockiness is making me woozy.

Of course NZ should be favourites, but the message seems pretty clear, if the All Blacks turn up, the wallabies aren't a chance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy for us to be written off in this one, but you know what, i just don't see it based on what we've seen recently.

Despite what those bitter Northerners would have you believe, Australia has been the team of the tournament, not the kiwis. One average game against Scotland doesn't change that, nor does one resolute win against the Boks.

Despite all the propaganda, I can't say I'm overly impressed with the All Blacks' tournament. They beat Argentina in the group stage (by less points than the Wallabies) and they beat an out of sorts French team. You don't have to have been around long to have seen a French team capitulate and concede 60 points.

Whilst the NZ and Bok fans would have you believe that the best 2 teams in the world played last week, the truth is that's rubbish. As good as the Boks played they never chanced their arm against the All Blacks. Thankfully, unlike some of the previous versions of the world cup, this one has reinforced the concept that the teams that play the rugby will more often than not take the spoils. Unfortunately and quite naively the Boks again played very little rugby. They threw the ball around a bit early on but they seemed to get less creative as the game wore on. Part of that would have come down to the gulf in experience between the 10/12/13 combinations of the two team. That wont be an issue for the wallabies backline, which will actually test the All Blacks' defense.

I had to listen to Jeff Wilson on TV tonight jerking off to how much of a trump card the All Blacks' bench is. I gotta tell ya, I'v seen your bench and I aint exactly quaking in my boots. The Wallabies bench players have provided outstanding impact this season and there aint one of those boys which I'd want to swap for one of those dirty kiwis.

Sio is a big piece of the puzzle for the Wallabies. If he plays I could see us having a clear advantage in the scrum. In fact I'd rate both our starting front row and our bench front row as having an advantage on their opposition. It's an area of the game where the Boks got some good purchase, and we have the personnel to do the same. Though the absence of Sio might even things out a bit.

Another crucial area of the game the wallabies can win is the breakdown. McCaw is awesome, but it's undeniable he rarely has the impact on the game like he did 4 years ago. In fact I don't think he has any greater impact on the field than Michael Hooper. He doesn't even come close to David Pocock at the moment. You have to wonder how many more games the Wallabies might have won against New Zealand over the last 3 years if Pocock had been in the side.

Of course there's a few areas, where they'll likely struggle against New Zealand (line-out, High-ball, restarts, general 2nd row impact) but likewise you don't have to look to far to see how this game can be won by the Wallabies.

NZ, you might be deserved favourites, but the Pooper is coming to pilfer your title.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Nothings gees up the average kiwi fan as much as the Wallabies being complimented and talked up. Their radars can detect 'favourites' status being misallocated through 3 feet of solid lead, 2 continents away.

Not the ones on here, to their credit.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
ugh its only 1 day into the pre-match build and already the kiwi cockiness is making me woozy.

Of course NZ should be favourites, but the message seems pretty clear, if the All Blacks turn up, the wallabies aren't a chance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy for us to be written off in this one, but you know what, i just don't see it based on what we've seen recently.
Of course there's a few areas, where they'll likely struggle against New Zealand (line-out, High-ball, restarts, general 2nd row impact) but likewise you don't have to look to far to see how this game can be won by the Wallabies.

NZ, you might be deserved favourites, but the Pooper is coming to pilfer your title.

Personally, I love it...

- Pride cometh before the Fall, and when you think of it, whilst The All Blacks have a great deal to lose next Saturday, The Wallabies have little - they were probably not picked to be here by most, except themselves, and a Close Loss in the Final against the Team Ranked Number One would still result in a Pass Mark, One Year and 14 days after their prior Coach quite with the Team in disarray...

Its its amusing to see people clutching with straws when comparing Two Teams of largely similar abilities... Should be a cracking match, either way.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nothings gees up the average kiwi fan as much as the Wallabies being complimented and talked up. Their radars can detect 'favourites' status being misallocated through 3 feet of solid lead, 2 continents away.

Not the ones on here, to their credit.

Exactly JJJ, it's somewhat alarming to many AB fans, not all, that most are saying the ABs are favourites. A clear misallocation in my book. Wallabies clear favourites, they've played all the rugby, and against tier 1 nations.

I'm not sure how the ABs will deal with this newfound underdog status, but I'll guess we'll find out soon.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No, I've been spending a bit of time on a Kiwi rugby site, and actually get a real sense of where they're coming from. It has become like Serbia and Croatia - the reasons behind the hatred are so far in the past no-one cares any more about what start it, just that it is.

According to most of my kiwi mates, Trevor Chappell had a fair old influence on trans tasman sporting relationships - even for fellas who weren't even born at the time

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Personally, I love it.

- Pride cometh before the Fall, and when you think of it, whilst The All Blacks have a great deal to lose next Saturday, The Wallabies have little - they were probably not picked to be here by most, except themselves, and a Close Loss in the Final against the Team Ranked Number One would still result in a Pass Mark, One Year and 14 days after their prior Coach quite with the Team in disarray.

Its its amusing to see people clutching with straws when comparing Two Teams of largely similar abilities. Should be a cracking match, either way.

I don't understand this forum. There's a whole lot of people pushing multiple theories all at the same time. Either pumping up the AB's while also deriding any Kiwis who do that but also suggesting the Wallabies have been the best side but they're not favourites but they're in with a shot although just making the final is great in itself, nothing to lose.. fuarrkkk me.

I think you all bloody know the Wallabies are completely in with a shot and so do us Kiwis.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I don't understand this forum. There's a whole lot of people pushing multiple theories all at the same time. Either pumping up the AB's while also deriding any Kiwis who do that but also suggesting the Wallabies have been the best side but they're not favourites but they're in with a shot although just making the final is great in itself, nothing to lose.. fuarrkkk me.

I think you all bloody know the Wallabies are completely in with a shot and so do us Kiwis.

You mean everyone seems to have a different opinion? Nothing to understand there. Everyone does have a different opinion!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
12122603_1223808114299699_8618590494455098231_n.jpg

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I mean people are eating their cake.

Do you mean that people are winding each other up, winding Kiwis up, winding themselves up, pretending they're nervous, pretending they're confident, being serious, making jokes, posting facts, inventing facts, talking shit... That kind of eating their cake?

That sounds terrible bro. Someone should put a stop to it!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Wallabies should be proud of making the final. It will be a step too far coming up against an ABs side who can go up another gear, but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate what an achievement the Wallabies' RWC run has been.

Will be great to see McCaw, Nonu, Smith, Mealamu, Kaino finish on a high.

Status
Not open for further replies.