• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Because Beale is in fantastic form and is much better than To'omua?

But you are correct in saying our locks are woeful. Our line-out that entire game was a disaster.

Miss Doug, (in Canada), told me today that the Wallabies lineout has suffered from the absence of Sam Carter! I know she's biased, but maybe she's right?!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
The famously humble AB supporters are flying into the Wallabies Facebook page sinking the boot in. Time for bed I think. Well done to the many good AB fans here and at the pub tonight.

It's sad that a brilliant sporting team like the New Zealand All Blacks has to suffer such a large mob of wankers as their "cheer squad"!!

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hugh Cavills match report first rate and really shows some class re how to win and how to loose. Agree totally. Only add is surprise that no one has mentioned that Foley probably offside at Genias chip that led to try. 50/50 at best and should have been reviewed. Any takers?
I thought it was Mitchell - certainly whoever chased and caught the kick and gave the final pass was well offside. It is why selectively focussing on individual incidents is a waste of time.

Furthermore, I have no issue with humans making errors of fact. Judging by the range of perspectives on this board most of us have made plenty of them even with the benefit of replays - we can't all be right. Thats rugby - the ref is the sole arbiter of fact and we live with it. In any event the ABs so completely won the set piece and the gain line that no amount of turnovers and scrambling defence (frankly our strengths) were going to be good enough. An if a ref had orchestrated a result where they were, it would not have been fair.

Edit: ironically having read further it looks like I made an error als despite having viewed it a number of times

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's sad that a brilliant sporting team like the New Zealand All Blacks has to suffer such a large mob of wankers as their "cheer squad"!!

Its not a large mob. Its a loud, small mob. Of fwits.

I thought it was Mitchell - certainly whoever chased and caught the kick and gave the final pass was well offside.

Disproven already , earlier in this very thread - note ball has already left Genia's boot and he is ahead of the 15m line marker. Foley is marked, standing on 5m line marker (they are parallel and of length). Other player next to him retreated, and was put onside.

foles.png

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Its not a large mob. Its a loud, small mob. Of fwits.

By that comment, I can tell you don't live in SE Queensland, Pfitzy!!!
Big enough "mob" to stop Mrs Doug and I attending ANY match at Suncorp Stadium, involving a Kiwi team, (national, or Super Rugby).

Disproven already , earlier in this very thread - note ball has already left Genia's boot and he is ahead of the 15m line marker. Foley is marked, standing on 5m line marker (they are parallel and of length). Other player next to him retreated, and was put onside.

View attachment 7218

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Shameless Repost.

This may help some of the more emotionally charged Gaggerlanders to construct posts in the aftermath of the game. Just tick and flick and fill in the gaps.

Rugby World Cup Squad Outrage Template (Australian Style)

Why are there more
◻︎ Reds
◻︎ Waratahs
◻︎ Brumbies
than anyone else and not enough
◻︎ Reds
◻︎ Waratahs
◻︎ Brumbies
◻︎ Force
◻︎ Rebels
◻︎ Overseas Players like ________ in the squad.
I am sick and tired of all the petty interstate bias and parochialism. It is supposed to be the Australian National Team.

Why is ______________ in the team?? Any fool could see that he is
◻︎ too old
◻︎ too small
◻︎ too inexperienced
◻︎ too big
◻︎ too risky
◻︎ a penalty magnet
◻︎ too slow
◻︎ ______________

Don’t get me started on _____________________. Why is he there?
◻︎ He’s no longer the player he was in 2011.
◻︎ He’s a flat track bully and can’t step up to Test level.
◻︎ He’s only there because he plays for _______________.
◻︎ He has a serious attitude problem and only plays for himself.
◻︎ He never passes.
◻︎ He can’t kick.
◻︎ He is a seagull and avoids the tough stuff that players in his position should be doing.
◻︎ He can’t tackle.
◻︎ He goes missing on defence.
◻︎ He ______________________.
(Tick one or more of the above.)

I would have chosen ____________________ and ___________________ instead of ___________________ and _______________ on the basis that I am a ___________________.

If I was Coach, I would have
◻︎ chosen a more balanced squad that Blind Freddy could see that it was the best available.
◻︎ won the Bledisloe Cup and the RWC multiple times by now.
◻︎ stopped Bill Pulver and the other sycophants at ARU from interfering with the Wallabies and their preparation.
◻︎ resigned unless ______________________________.
◻︎ ignored all the ignorant, parochial, fickle fluffybunnies opinions on Green and Gold Rugby. What would those keyboard warriors know about rugby?

I can’t believe that _______________
◻︎ has a Wallaby top up payment.
◻︎ hasn’t <got a bigger / been offered a> Wallaby top up payment.

For use after RWC:
◻︎ We won. Bill is finally back where he belongs. This is awesome news. We’re the best in the world. The Kiwis choked yet again and they can only win at home. The Poms are over-rated over-paid over-hyped wannabes like I have always said they were. I knew it would happen and the rest of you who didn’t believe me when I said it can just go jump in Lake Burley Griffin in the middle of winter for all I care about your so called opinions. #ChampionWallabies #ToldYouSo

◻︎ We didn’t win. I told you so. It was obvious that this would happen because Cheka is a _________________ and if only they had followed my advice we would have won. Any idiot knows that Rugby is first and foremost about < attack / pressure / territory / defence / physicality / possession / set pieces / a flexible game plan >. The team was rubbish and deserved to lose because they didn't focus on < attack / pressure / territory / defence / physicality / possession / set pieces / a flexible game plan >. They are an embarrassment to all those that so proudly wore the Green and Gold jumper in 1991 and 1999. Bill Pulver and his bunch of in-bred cronies running the ARU should be shot at dawn and their carcasses hung off the Sydney Harbour Bridge as a reminder of what they have done to our once magnificent Australian Rugby. #WeakAsPiss #WallabyWannabies

◻︎ The standard of refereeing was appalling and biased against us based on preconceived ideas.

Too much, too soon, Mr Jarse!!

Time for: (a) Reflection, and;
(b) a couple of bets on "Trip to Paris", and "Who Shot Thebarman", in the Melbourne Cup, then we can look at the above!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
It's Halloween. Nearly all the young folk are wearing fancy dress of some description in the entertainment precincts in the city. It is the Final Match of the World Festival of Rugby and it involves out national team.

A young lad lobs up to a venue in the said precinct wearing a Wallaby Jumper, hoping to get in to watch the Big Dance on the Big Screen.

"Sorry, You can't come in here. You're wearing branded sportswear." says the security man on the door, as an assortment of people dressed in rags walk into the venue.

"What if I ripped my Wallaby shirt, poured fake blood all over it, covered my face, hands, and clothes in mud and said I was a Zombie, would you allow me in?"

"Yes".

"So mud, blood, guts and violence is OK, but pride in Australia is somehow offensive. If I simply wear my Wallaby shirt inside out, will I be allowed in?"

"Yes"

Bloody PM Paul Keating, he championed "political Correctness"!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
ps people complaining about all the kiwi fucktards on their "facebook feeds" (?) have ZERO recourse.

It's facebook.

You signed up for it.

It's your fucking fault.

You don't see awesome corrosively-handsome pricks like me on fuckin' "facebook."

Are you also the type of person who, on sunny afternoons, voyages out to the Mangere sewage ponds, of your own accord, and then proceeds to get very, very cross when the Mona Lisa itself is not bobbing around out there, half-submerged in the execrable effluence and excrement? "It's not fair! This sucks! Where are the priceless works of art? Fuckin' WHERE?"

Ditto for me too, DP!

HayFarmer

Bob McCowan (2)
Congrats to the AB's they were too good on the day with the Wobs making too many mistakes.
As a ref I was disappointed in Owens' game, he's getting too slow to the breakdown etc & his policing of foul play was dumbfounding. I couldn't believe that after him watching numerous replays of Ben Smith's tackle on Drew Mitchell he was only going to give a penalty initially. Are International laws different to our Aust Game Management Guidelines which state- " If a tackled player is lifted & lands on his shoulder or head area it should result in a red card" and " Any time a tackled player's legs are lifted above horizontal it should result in a yellow card as a minimum"?
I'm glad he didn't give a red card being a final and all, but Smith & the AB's were very lucky indeed as Mitchell clearly landed on his shoulder then his head. It would've spoilt the match but laws are laws especially when relating to dangerous play. Mitchell could've ended his career in a wheel chair.
For my other two bobs worth- I think Joubert was hard done by in his treatment especially since he didn't have the use of replays in his decision in the Scotland game. He's fit, mobile & an experienced ref & would've been a better choice over Owens IMO.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
For the life of me I cannot understand the love for Owens. Is it his banter people find charming? Joubert has been by some margin and for some time the world's best referee and would certainly have been a better performer last night. Because he just refs the game - there's no bullshit banter - and, being a SH ref, can handle a very fast match.

That said, I think we lose (and convincingly) under any ref.

To add to the comments made so far about our performance - we are still materially inferior when it comes to kicking in general play. The ABs were able to move the action at will on account of both B Smith and Carter having big and accurate boots. I know that we cannot manufacture a fully functional fly half at will, but it seems that weve been behind in this respect since the likes of Latham and Burke required. Mitchell was (i have seen written) in part attractive because of his kicking but I don't think he made a kick all tourney that he didn't shank the shit out of. Folau isn't a test 15 when it comes to kicking prowess.

There are always cracks that can be papered over when we are playing the likes of Scotland, or Wales, Or Arg or even England or SA. It doesn't work against New Zealand - at least not 90% of the time. I think we need to work balancing the ball-in-hand game with a sound field position game.

I think we got an excellent result. 4 weeks ago I wasn't sure we'd make the quarters. We showed we were at worst the equal second best team in the world last night and it's been a while since we could honestly say that.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Joubert has been on a downward spiral since 2013. No confidence in his abilities.

Walshy was my favourite before the cup, despite his tendency to love watching his own arse on the screens.

Barnes is undoubtedly the best England has to offer, that says more about English refs than it does about him.

Peyper is Peyper. Poite is ok, but never brilliant.

Owens is consistently a class above at Pro12, European Cup and 6 Nations level, he only ever appears to have problems with Australia and the Blecks.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.