• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I could be sleep deficient and massively jaded from having my World Cup dreams shredded 15 hours ago,

but am I the only one finding a few things off about this?

I'd classify it as very odd. You don't get many chances at a RWC winners medal and to give it away to some kid who tried to breach security protocols is totally weird. But SBW always has travelled to the beat of a different drum.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'd classify it as very odd. You don't get many chances at a RWC winners medal and to give it away to some kid who tried to breach security protocols is totally weird. But SBW always has travelled to the beat of a different drum.

He already had one.
What are the odds World Rugby find a spare to give him anyway?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Bloody PM Paul Keating, he championed "political Correctness"!!

Friday night I actually went out into the city dressed as a wallaby player, I half expected to get king hit in the back of the head by a drunk kiwi or refused entry by a bouncer but was pleasantly surprised, received high 5's left right and centre, only had one bouncer make a good hearted joke about the the all blacks being better and had one Maori dude yell out something at me (ironically it was at a hungry jacks at 3am)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
just watched replay and, as mentioned 184 times in this thread already, Owens fucked up bigtime. he let all the NZ knock-ons go bar B.Smith one at the back and, sorry guys, but 2 and 3 out from the ruck the Aus D was living offside in the 1st half. Soon as Owens had his back turned they crept up, zero input from touchies. haha, sounds familiar, more like my playing level, good if you can get away with it!

It almsot seems like all 3 officials made a pact to "let the players sort it out", and not wind up like Uncle Craig, who, with one shrill blast, indelibly etched his name into rugby infamy and ignominy, twerping the poor scotch gits out of the Cup, when all the tartaned clots had to do was fall on the fucking ball , and is probably by now relegated to running the line in the Swaziland Senior C's Midwives Burn Clinic Sunday League.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
To the genuine Wallaby supporters and rugby fans, Wallabies did you proud, they are a bloody good team with a good captain and coach.
To the ones complaining about ref, ring the Scots and ask them!!
Well said Danny, aus had a very good World Cup but were outclassed today by a wonderful team.

I appreciate emotions run high but reading the match thread was amusing and the squealing about the ref....

For old fucks like us mate, it is great to have the ABs finally out on their own at the pinnacle of the sport as we Nzer's demand, crave, expect, dream etc. it's been a long time coming and a lot of heartache on the way to get here.

3 times, back to back, win away etc. they have all been put to bed by a special side and I am very proud of our team today.

I wasn't sure and at times I would have said no but I think we can now say that this AB era 2010-2015 is the greatest side of all time. Possibly the greatest side across any sport

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just watched the replay. That in itself is a big step for me as I still have not been able to watch a replay of the 2003 final.
Fast game and the ABs just more accurate. The injuries to Douglas and Giteau were unfortunate and we just didn't get the bounce of the ball on many occasions.
The All Blacks the better side on the day and for the past 4 years.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
teach, I'm not a huge Kurtley Beale fan, (as many regulars here would know), however, even with limited opportunities, in this campaign, IMO, he is the #1 Australian #15 at the moment.
Folau is not delivering to his ability. Kurtley looks dangerous, every time he gets the ball.
I believe in giving credit where it's warranted.
I would have stuck the "under-performing" Folau on the bench!

Fair call. Beale has had a great tournament. He looked dangerous with the ball in hand. He was one WB reserve that worried me. But I think he has a slightly higher error rate than Folau, just my opinion, and that could be a problem against the ABs who punish opposition mistakes.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Congrats to the AB's they were too good on the day with the Wobs making too many mistakes.
As a ref I was disappointed in Owens' game, he's getting too slow to the breakdown etc & his policing of foul play was dumbfounding. I couldn't believe that after him watching numerous replays of Ben Smith's tackle on Drew Mitchell he was only going to give a penalty initially. Are International laws different to our Aust Game Management Guidelines which state- " If a tackled player is lifted & lands on his shoulder or head area it should result in a red card" and " Any time a tackled player's legs are lifted above horizontal it should result in a yellow card as a minimum"?

The International Rugby Board has issued a statement of clarification regarding the Tip or Spear tackle.
Law 10.4(j) reads: Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player’s feet are still off the ground such that the player’s head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.
A directive was issued to all Unions and Match Officials in 2009 emphasizing the IRB’s zero-tolerance stance towards dangerous tackles and reiterating the following instructions for referees:
- The player is lifted and then forced or ‘speared’ into the ground (red card offence)
- The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety (red card offence)
- For all other types of dangerous lifting tackles a yellow card or penalty may be considered sufficient

He wasn't speared into the ground. He was not dropped from a height. So red card is out.

He did lift the leg and the player's upper body hit the ground first. So he got a yellow. No problem there. It was silly play and by the look in his face, Bender knew it.

Its not an automatic red card anymore. Your game management guidelines may be out of date.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The player ratings on the front page are weird and unjustly low. Who does them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

m with you, and strangley placed - Im confused with Kuindrani on the from page - think the ones in the thread are far more accurate.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
All the whinging about the ref is a bit disappointing really, when there were clearly issues on both sides of the park in that first half.

i agree.
they rolled in NZ's way, the same as a bounce of a ball can go a teams way.
there were to howlers.
same as a player can have a bad day.
fuck rugby won this RWC.
we should be talking up the game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Friday night I actually went out into the city dressed as a wallaby player, I half expected to get king hit in the back of the head by a drunk kiwi or refused entry by a bouncer but was pleasantly surprised, received high 5's left right and centre, only had one bouncer make a good hearted joke about the the all blacks being better and had one Maori dude yell out something at me (ironically it was at a hungry jacks at 3am)

And there is the difference between league and union.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Id much rather run with the games like the RWC finals where calls can sometime roll a teams way than go down the path of rugby league where it is replay after replay. Shit happens is one of the best quotes.
Shit happens - That was a great world cup.

Go the Cherry Blossoms

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I could be sleep deficient and massively jaded from having my World Cup dreams shredded 15 hours ago,

but am I the only one finding a few things off about this?
No you're not, but then again I'm sleep deprived and jaded as well.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So turned out as a big media stunt
Weeelllll, maybe. I reckon he gave it earnestly, but I never doubted World Rugby would get him another as soon as he did.
It has become a media stunt, to a degree, but I'm not sure it was planned as one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.