• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
hehe, you ever run your log-in name thru google images?

<snip>

the "Cyclopath" name, wft, the jammy bastad has his own bloody LOGO:

logo.png

Throwing Dismal into Youtube reveals that Dismal Pillock has his own Day that Bread sing about:

Does a song trump a logo?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Think there would a lot more points of interest to the trans Tasman test matches if the Bledisloe Cup was put up for both Rugby and Cricket.;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So now I'm just left wondering which is said to resemble Florence.
Florence looks like this and has done for about 500 years:
View attachment 7241

And I couldn't help but noticed that Florence is a sister city of Sydney;)

Twin towns and sister cities[edit]

Florence is twinned with:[76]

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gotta get me one of these puppies:

image.jpeg

The "Cup Winners" jersey is just the RWC one with "2015" added underneath "1987" & "2011" so not worth $150 IMO, but $45 for the t-shirt is reasonable enough.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not looking for global publicity at all
View attachment 7242

(no, I'm not f*cking over it)

You probably shouldn't read this, then:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/life/73645942/why-sonny-bill-williams-is-the-coolest-all-black

the "Cyclopath" name, wft, the jammy bastad has his own bloody LOGO:

logo.png

Looks like something Roger Dean might've done in the early '70's for some god-awful British prog rock wanks like Yes or Emmerson Lake & Palmer..............

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Absolute garbage, Pamela.

Had to rewrite the whole bloody thing.

See me in my office, Monday morning, 9am sharp.

--Ed.

Why Sonny Bill Williams Beauden Barrett is the coolest All Black

PAMELA MCINTOSH

1. He's the perfect mix of metro and masculine bogan and normal drongo.

Looks like any half-asleep student, probably sleeps in his clothes, and if that isn't enough it's all accessorised unfashionably with not a single bloody tattoo. The man obviously takes good care of himself is just there to play fuckin' rugby.

absplane1_zps82bfc568.jpg

2. Boy's got style his rugby shorts, socks and boots already on on the plane.

His threads are as tailored off the field as they are on something nobody in their right fuckin mind should give a shit about. He's a bloody rugby player, Pamela.

Barrett's appearance advice for fellas? "simplicity is key to great style ... and clean up a bit guys, stay hygienic." "Just wear gumboots and footy shorts all the time unless someone tells you otherwise." Amen to that.

3. He sees the passion just plays rugby

When 14-year-old Brit Charlie Lines came bolting towards the former NRL star, boxer, and All Black as he completed a victory lap after being crowned a Rugby world champ last weekend, Williams' first reaction was to get involved, forcing the flustered security guard off as SBW handled it personally.

"He's just a young fella obviously caught up in the moment," Williams said to media shortly after.

The All Black hero put himself in that kid's shoes and obviously recognised his passion. It paid off for Williams and the cunning teen too - with Lines gaining worldwide fame, hundreds of photos with his hero, and a World Cup medal touched not only by rugby royalty but Prince Harry as well Barrett scored the world cup-clinching try he just shut up, ran back to halfway, stood in the back for photo ops and then got back on the fuckin' bus and went home.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bill goes to Wellywood, almost gets dropped under a bus:

image.png

Lucky Shag was there to save him, McCaw clearly reluctant (as always) to come in from the side..........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On a more serious note, Bill was also taken for a visit to Jerry Collins' grave:

image.jpeg

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...to-jerry-collins-with-the-webb-ellis-cup.html

Also a former teammate who's battling bowel cancer (not everyone's comfortable with the image & I can understand why so I'll just post the link to the story):

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/73835484/all-blacks-pay-special-visit-to-sick-friend

EDIT/ UPDATE: Misiluni Moananu has subsequently passed away, aged 38, the day after Coles, Nonu & Vito visited him.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ds-tributes-to-caring-humble-misiluni-moananu

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
Nothing like a crap Kiwi cricket team to lift Australian spirits eh? :)

to be fair to new zealands cricket side.

A lot of the blokes in the test side also played in the one day side that made the recent WC final.

South Africa didn't make the WC final. In fact SA has never made a cricket WC final.

Even England has made 3 of them, lost them all, but made 3 of them.

In case you were wondering, Australia has won 5 of them, runners up in another 2.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
This game finished nearly two weeks ago FFS!

And let's discuss the cricket in the cricket thread, hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.