• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
9985984b-6726-4a16-81d7-646fc791314c_zps3uuj7g25.jpg
Was a very important one. First time I ever saw the Bokke destroyed the All Black scrum with 7 men. He came to your rescue idiot.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Move on for fecks sake. It's been what, a week? And every cuzie bro is still out on the streets it seems. Like the people around where I live still in their All Black jerseys. Pathetic really. Get a life. Get a wardrobe. Live a little. There's more to life. Like blue singlets.

There are more important things happening in the world.

Cup schmup. Bill schill. Champions schmampions.

Have you guys got nothing else going on down here? Oh wait, Prince Charlie is there at the mo right? I guess you need a distraction. Not our fault. You invited him. Us? We just send him to Adelaide because nobody really cares. It's like another planet anyway.

Oh and those pants on SBW. Are you kidding me? What happended? Did he give the bottom half of the jeans and the socks to a kid who ran in front of the bus? He's back there for barely a year and you've gone and turned him into a hipster.

You're killing the Anzac spirit.

:D

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
"Home of Rugby" ??? I don't get the reference.

As for crash tackling pitch invaders: fuck yes. Never know what they're carrying or what damage they'll do. Extreme prejudice sorts most things out straight away, kid or no.

Ask Monica Seles if she'd have preferred her assailant gently led away, or crash tackled.

Ask the security guard if they'd take a knife for not neutralising the perp quick or hard enough.

SBW can do what he likes with his medal, BTW. He's got no case to answer.

However I am LOVING the vitriol from Gagger over the whole thing :D

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Home of Rugby" ??? I don't get the reference.

Christchurch Press article therefore having a dig at the Auck public's less than Cantab-rabid support of their (not just rugby) teams & notorious fickleness. In Strayan terms it's a bit like how banjolanders reckon NSW don't take Orijun seriously enough.

Can pretty much guarantee the Otago Daily Times would've had something about how Dunners would've put Auckland, Christchurch & Wellington to shame had they been accorded a parade. We're nothing if not parochial us Kiwis.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Christchurch Press article therefore having a dig at the Auck public's less than Cantab-rabid support of their (not just rugby) teams & notorious fickleness. In Strayan terms it's a bit like how banjolanders reckon NSW don't take Orijun seriously enough.

Can pretty much guarantee the Otago Daily Times would've had something about how Dunners would've put Auckland, Christchurch & Wellington to shame had they been accorded a parade. We're nothing if not parochial us Kiwis.

Right but is ChCh where the first club in NZ started or something?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ no, that would be Nelson. Canterbury Rugby Union was formed four years prior to Auckland, though, which I think is the origin of the "Home of (NZ) Rugby" thing. Also, anyone who's ever been to pre-quake Cheechee & anytime Auck knows that one was the Florence of the South & t'other some dreary village in Lancashire :)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Be as cynical as you want about the actions of SBW, or the dastardly evil intentions of the kid, who was later found not to have any pointed sticks, bananas or raspberries with which he could attach his targets.

Go to 24-28 seconds in this clip. That is how Security could have dealt with the illegal pitch invader, instead of the Boris Johnson Crash tackle.

The Twickers Security Bloke had plenty of time to decide on an appropriate strategy to deal with the illegal terrorist pitch invader, and even then he goes all Kevin Costner to protect NZL's heavyweight boxing champion from a child.

It is not as if the kid was about to do a Pieter Van Zyl, and even if he was, look at how the professional athletes dealt with that imbecile.
More here: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/12/1028158064422.html

Some secret footage of the RWC15 Security Training has been obtained from an unpaid Intern at World Rugby.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the kid is the antichrist - but before we get all heavy about security guard tackling him - simple message for the kids - don't run onto the pitch. Security these days especially in the UK is sensitive subject - and for someone who lived in London during the tube/bus bombing era one can understand why in London security folk get a little paranoid.

Nah not going to criticise the security guard as kid should not have run onto the pitch - end of story.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
it has turned into a sad world hasn't it,when there must be a barrier between players and their fans?

Actually realistic world. RWC was rated a high risk security threat from ISIS etc given host nations like England, USA, Australia participating. Sorry but people do need to understand that international events like this are high risk target for terrorists and hence security at such events will be a little on edge. Unfortunately very realistic part of the new world we currently live in.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Actually realistic world. RWC was rated a high risk security threat from ISIS etc given host nations like England, USA, Australia participating. Sorry but people do need to understand that international events like this are high risk target for terrorists and hence security at such events will be a little on edge. Unfortunately very realistic part of the new world we currently live in.

And to be honest HJ if you reflected on the above you perhaps might not be so harsh on the security guard. Hence, why you don't see the media crucifying him.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SBW & Charlie Windsor are clearly bros:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Solid as, those two. Surprised there wasn't a chest bump as well............

At some point some of the AB & Bill paid their respects to Jerry Collins:

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.