1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Lindommer, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Ignoto Peter Fenwicke (45)

How I hope we get some justify over his flop from earlier this year. While he coppied a high hit last weekend, he definitely let the Ref know that he was fouled!
  2. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

POOPER! From the 5 observations of the game on the blog:

chasmac likes this.
  3. EatSleepDrinkRuck Larry Dwyer (12)

How did the 'Pooper' nickname stick? I prefer the term 'Hoopcock'
    Dewald Nel and The_Brown_Hornet like this.
  4. Spruce Moose Fred Wood (13)

Agreed we shouldn't forget our several brain fades last week and more importantly the scrum penalties we conceded which makes me worried the most, conceding 9 points from scrums will kill us.

However as much as our mistakes made Scotland looked good, so did Ireland's slow start make Argentina look very good. You can't concede 14 points in the first 10 minutes and expect to have any chance of winning. The effort required to get back in contention meant that Ireland were dead at the end and gave up once the Argentina's scored the try in the 70th minute then Argentina scored 10 easy points at the end.
  5. boyo Mark Ella (57)

This match will be a doozy if the Argies play similarly to way that they played against Ireland.
    Hopefully they're stuffed after last weekend, but their pace was immense.
  6. chasmac Dave Cowper (27)

Sydney centric oxford st thingy

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
  7. ACT Crusader Jim Lenehan (48)

I think you're being a little harsh on the Pumas there. They moved the ball in attack and used expansive passing with players in motion to get that rapid early lead. Don't recall any "gifts" in there from the Paddies.
    The Pirate and Gnostic like this.
  8. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Definitely not, the Argies played wide and at pace. I thought their first quarter of the game was one of the best we've seen all tournament.
    The Pirate and USARugger like this.
  9. Groucho Greg Davis (50)

I thought our defence (in terms of systems and intensity) was fine. We expended as much effort as we needed to. The Scots didn't get through it, and didn't really look like getting through it. They got their field position and tries through stupid errors on our part. That's what we need to cut out.

That doesn't mean we need to play passively against the Argies. They're a much better team. But if we'd flogged ourselves unnecessarily against Scotland then we might not have anything left in the tank for this one.
    2bluesfan likes this.
  10. Groucho Greg Davis (50)

As we should be. It was by far our worst game of the year.

Pessimists will always tend to believe that that's how we play now, like when you make an ugly face in the mirror and it sticks, but in reality we tend not to produce two in a row.

In reality we're 9-1 up for the year, beat Argentina soundly last time out, won the Rugby Championship, beat New Zealand and the Japies along the way, and have recently dealt with England and Wales.

Many of those games were close, but winning close games is a wonderful habit to have.

There's doom and gloom in there, but only for our vanquished foes, and their despairing women.
  11. pissedoffihavetoregister Ward Prentice (10)

12. Mr Doug Dick Tooth (41)

I don't subscribe to the theory that "the Wallabies can't win without Pocock and Folau".
    We have worthy replacements, which I would prefer to see "start", (given that they both acquitted themselves well against the "whinging" Clansmen).

If Pockock and Folau are near 90%, then put them on the bench, if not use players who are fit.
    If we win, (but bust them in the process), we will be well behind "the 8-ball" when we line up against SA or NZ in the final!
    saulityvi and Groucho like this.
  13. Mr Doug Dick Tooth (41)

Just read the latest news on Euro-Sport website.
    The team announcement has been delayed.
    It appears Folau has a more serious injury: ..... "number eight David Pocock (calf), full-back Israel Folau (full-back), and prop Scott Sio (elbow)"!!
    No proof-readers at Euro Sport, methinks.

Those "full-back" injuries are very painful, and usually take months to heal!!
  14. Blue Andrew Slack (58)

Agreed but it will be harder because they do so much and their replacements are not like for like.
  15. Blue Andrew Slack (58)

A full-back injury is a fucker. I have it. I am at physio every other week.
    Tex and Mr Doug like this.
  16. Groucho Greg Davis (50)

I'd be much happier if Folau had a half-back injury. Sprained mouth or something.
    Tex, saulityvi and Mr Doug like this.
  17. Mr Doug Dick Tooth (41)

Are you referring to an over-used "yapping-muscle"?!
    saulityvi and Groucho like this.
  18. Groucho Greg Davis (50)

Syndemouthis.
  19. Mr Doug Dick Tooth (41)

Ouch!
    Isn't that what Sydney-based Tasmanian Devils get?!!
  20. Rugbynutter39 Paul McLean (56)

Omar really

Folau world class so cheika would simply find a way to start both Beale and Folau