• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think people are getting a little too wrapped up in a dick measuring contest over a line on a map. Are we missing the Super Rugby banter and parochialism that much?

D

daz

The Wobblies will have to play very well to beat them, hopefully now we have got our 1 bad game in the world cup out of the way!

I have been as frustrated as any Wallabies supporter over the last 10 years or so, but from what I have seen in just this year alone, with a RC win, 1 game from a Bled series win and at the very least, a semi-final finish at the RWC, I have to say that I think the "Wobblies" moniker should now be retired for a while.

The #2 team in the world have earned my respect this year and made me eat my words, no doubt.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Kinda good how it's all Southern Hemisphere teams in the semi's.
Don't you reckon ?

On that note.
10897941_10153704853664282_9215835201078533987_n.png

Edit: only saw now that the Facebook page that posted it, was G&GR. Lol.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think people are getting a little two wrapped up in a dick measuring contest over a line on a map. Are we missing the Super Rugby banter and parochialism that much?

Perhaps we should deal in eastern and Western Hemispheres too?
Have to think that the make up of the semi finals makes the perennial Seth African threat to play with Europe look a little hollow:sure they might win every 6 nations but where would they be each RWC?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think people are getting a little two wrapped up in a dick measuring contest over a line on a map. Are we missing the Super Rugby banter and parochialism that much?

Come on Hugh Jarse there has always been traditional Southern Hemisphere versus Northern Hemisphere rivalry.....nothing exactly new....and been there in discussions on every rugby world cup since RWC started....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
And if truth be known given lived in UK for a bit - so my second and third teams I follow are Wales and England.......so I actually personally would have liked in particular Wales to win against SA.....

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Your blokes will need to score early and often to take the wind out of the Pumas. I wouldnt want Aus to be in an arm wrestle ie < 3 ahead with 15 to go against them.

If the Wobs take it up early against the Argies - it may result in a contest of attrition, and a blunt force trauma approach considering the weather may benefit the most accurate boot.

I would suggest as another option the opposite, absorb the early onslaught with defense and overwhelm as they tire and punish them as errors increase.. their running rugby only lasted 1 half and a better Irish would have put them away.

It relies on the tried and tested approach seen throughout the TRC of bench play which could account for the Argy new enterprising play with the superior productivity of the reserves. Although, this is tempered by a significantly lower error margin and addressing the sudden onset of hesitancy that arrested the killer touch needed against the Scots. Either way, Wobs cant afford or carry a wayward Foley.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Come on Hugh Jarse there has always been traditional Southern Hemisphere versus Northern Hemisphere rivalry...nothing exactly new..and been there in discussions on every rugby world cup since RWC started..
We hate The Darkness, The Meat Eaters, and The Lazer Pointerers with a passion until RWC, when suddenly they are our best mates (even more so when we are all dealing to "others") and "we" all subscribe to this magical brand of rugby called SANZAAR that makes us all superhuman and infinitely superior to the boring old farts "Up North".

Remember the discussions about the boring Jakeball that the Saffers play, or the McCheat Invisibility Cloak tactics of The Darkness, and how about those pansy prima donna actors diving all over the place like fainting goats in the Blue and white strip?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
More pertinently, world ranking points are at max during the RWC. By all 4 members of the RC making it to this point, and the fact that we play each other a lot, and the NH less...what this does is shift points south.

I like it.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes, if I'm not mistaken next Year's Rugby Championship will, for the first time ever, be contested by the world's top 4 sides.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Your blokes will need to score early and often to take the wind out of the Pumas. I wouldnt want Aus to be in an arm wrestle ie < 3 ahead with 15 to go against them.

Sounds like you have experience running elections.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Don't even joke about calling him up........there's no place for an arse scratching, headgear adjusting prop. What's a prop doing wearing headgear anyway? I thought you wanted to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.