• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
We hate The Darkness, The Meat Eaters, and The Lazer Pointerers with a passion until RWC, when suddenly they are our best mates (even more so when we are all dealing to "others") and "we" all subscribe to this magical brand of rugby called SANZAAR that makes us all superhuman and infinitely superior to the boring old farts "Up North".

Remember the discussions about the boring Jakeball that the Saffers play, or the McCheat Invisibility Cloak tactics of The Darkness, and how about those pansy prima donna actors diving all over the place like fainting goats in the Blue and white strip?

All just friendly banter as deep down reckon respect goes across NH and SH ....but will take the piss out of NH when they are down but will equally support them when they are up...we are happy to join up with anyone when can do some piss taking but don't you worry if one of us SH sides falls by the way side we will equally rub it in to our SH cousins with some friendly banter - like when NZ use to choke in so many past RWC finals untill recent years - just so happens suits us to join up with our SH side rivals to gloat about reaching semi's with no NH sides...we are not that picky who we side with....

Most aussie supporters equally would have applauded the French if they did the French thing and played the game of their lives and current form book to beat the AB's or equally have applauded Wales if they beat the Springboks. We even deep down probably had a healthy respect for way Scotland played against us but not to detriment of them beating us so will keep that in check but given we were lucky won't gloat too much on that win! Same I am sure goes for AB's and Springboks fans i am sure as end of the day all of us realise the importance of strong NH rugby sides but who wants to do that now when there is some serious piss taking to happen.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Don't even joke about calling him up....there's no place for an arse scratching, headgear adjusting prop. What's a prop doing wearing headgear anyway? I thought you wanted to win.

More Super titles than almost any other prop we have. More test experience than most.

Never played a RWC due to Knuckles fucking Connolly's preference for size over technique, and then injury in 2011.

Its the romance of the story. The place in the final after cruel injuries. The winning try. The teaming up with Keps and Taf.

Just PICTURE IT!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
There was a good 10 min where I thought this thread was never going happen.
And the wallabies bought me crashing back to earth last night.
Let's hope they got that shit out of there system because they will need turn up in this game. In a massive way..

Keep the faith, biggsy.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
More Super titles than almost any other prop we have. More test experience than most.

Never played a RWC due to Knuckles fucking Connolly's preference for size over technique, and then injury in 2011.

Its the romance of the story. The place in the final after cruel injuries. The winning try. The teaming up with Keps and Taf.

Just PICTURE IT!
The only thing I can picture is him scratching his head or arse while letting a try through.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If we need a new LHP in the squad he's probably a more obvious choice than Cowan and Faulkner given his experience.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Your blokes will need to score early and often to take the wind out of the Pumas. I wouldnt want Aus to be in an arm wrestle ie < 3 ahead with 15 to go against them.

No aeneas, we don't want to join you guys in the Bowl play-off!!

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I wouldn't like to pick a score between New Zealand and Australia if the final happened tomorrow.

Argentina (and the Boks) only have outside chances at the moment.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If we need a new LHP in the squad he's probably a more obvious choice than Cowan and Faulkner given his experience.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I might not particularly like it, but I'd expect Faulkner to come in, as he was one of the last squad members to miss out on selection initially iirc. But I wouldn't particularly like either of Cowan or Robinson in there either. None of them fill me with confidence that they could keep the scrum strong. Just how is Aloe-Emile traveling in Europe?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wallabies loosehead Scott Sio will undergo scans on his elbow after being injured in Sunday’s win over Scotland.

Sio twisted his arm in a scrum and finished his night in a sling and had limited movement on Monday morning, with a hematoma on his elbow.

The 24-year-old has been one of the crucial cogs in the Wallabies scrum so far in the tournament but the severity of the injury is yet to be known.

In positive news for the Wallabies, Cheika is optimistic about the chances of David Pocock and Israel Folau returning for Sunday’s semi-final.

The Wallabies missed Pocock at the breakdown against Scotland but Cheika said the number eight had run pain-free on Sunday and was confident around Folau’s chances as well.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...ID/16729/Mixed-injury-news-for-Wallabies.aspx

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Whats Quade Coopers place in the team going forward? Obviously it's so late in a world cup you would be mad to make such a change. Then again, QC (Quade Cooper) did beat the Argies this year and against Uruguay, offensively, he was sublime.

Foley pulled out his best game of his career against England and hasn't been able to back it up 2 games in a row now. Yeah sure, hes not detrimental to the team, but his kicking percentage took a slide and he really struggled to dismantle the defense against Wales and Scotland. That being said we did score 5 tries last game.

Is Foley really a world cup winning 10?

Edit: On a side note, Why was Quade even on the bench last game? My opinion is that since he is on 58 caps, this could be the last chance to get him to 60 because if he ends up in France and finds his form over the years it would be handy to have him as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.