• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Whats Quade Coopers place in the team going forward? Obviously it's so late in a world cup you would be mad to make such a change. Then again, QC (Quade Cooper) did beat the Argies this year and against Uruguay, offensively, he was sublime.

Foley pulled out his best game of his career against England and hasn't been able to back it up 2 games in a row now. Yeah sure, hes not detrimental to the team, but his kicking percentage took a slide and he really struggled to dismantle the defense against Wales and Scotland. That being said we did score 5 tries last game.

Is Foley really a world cup winning 10?

Edit: On a side note, Why was Quade even on the bench last game? My opinion is that since he is on 58 caps, this could be the last chance to get him to 60 because if he ends up in France and finds his form over the years it would be handy to have him as an option.
He's a World Cup winning 10 if he repeats his form against England. There haven't been any other such performances by Australian tens this year.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
i think Cheika has a coach's interest in getting him up to 60 and maintaining him as an option in the future - and i think that is why he was on the bench - Australia don't have the depth of players to just lose players like Cooper...

but the way the Scotland game went, I don't think he could risk his unpredictability - and when the rain came, 'that was probably the end of that'... It will be interesting to see if he can make either Bench - (if we actually have 2 games left)... I don't think he can.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ thought you'd get Owens & we'd get Barnes on the basis of no-one refing the same team in QF & SF. Instead we getting freakin' Garces, Poite, Lacey & Ayoub. Sethfrickens will be loving that combo.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
i think Cheika has a coach's interest in getting him up to 60 and maintaining him as an option in the future - and i think that is why he was on the bench - Australia don't have the depth of players to just lose players like Cooper.

but the way the Scotland game went, I don't think he could risk his unpredictability - and when the rain came, 'that was probably the end of that'. It will be interesting to see if he can make either Bench - (if we actually have 2 games left). I don't think he can.

We have two left. Third place match at worst. Though you'd think he might start that match.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Can't believe people are calling for cooper. Never thought Foley was more than a journeyman and his kicking (from hand) is still not what I would like but I can't believe people have watched any of our matches and thought YEAH WE REALLY NEED QUADE COOPER HERE. For god's sake how much offense is enough. If you are already putting up 5 tries, the last thing you need is cooper.

What they should have done is brought on To'omua at the end and had him kick the shit out of it downfield.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Whats Quade Coopers place in the team going forward? Obviously it's so late in a world cup you would be mad to make such a change. Then again, QC (Quade Cooper) did beat the Argies this year and against Uruguay, offensively, he was sublime.

It was a sublime Yellow Card?

Foley pulled out his best game of his career against England and hasn't been able to back it up 2 games in a row now.

Scored 28 points against England
Scored 15 points against Wales
Scored the winning goal against Scotland

Yeah sure, hes not detrimental to the team, but his kicking percentage took a slide and he really struggled to dismantle the defense against Wales and Scotland.

Quade kicked at 55% against Uruguay.

Edit: On a side note, Why was Quade even on the bench last game? My opinion is that since he is on 58 caps, this could be the last chance to get him to 60 because if he ends up in France and finds his form

STOP. STOP RIGHT THERE.

So you've spent some time pointing out Foley's shortcomings but you basically admit Quade isn't in form.

Yet you wondering why he was on the bench and not used?

Give me strength.

This isn't about Foley versus Quade, or NSW v QLD. Its about two players with varying abilities and form as part of a squad in a big tournament.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Foley had one bad game after 2 good ones. I wouldn't be writing him off. The wide ones early threw off his kicking game, 3 playmakers was a starting system that only 1 of the 3 excelled in (Beale), and we did put a lot of pressure on him in open play, both with and without the ball.

Starting Cooper would be a mistake.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Slipper has major flaws in his scrummaging that have been papered over until the Scotland game. If he is starting next week we're in trouble in the scrum and have an untried Toby Smith as his replacement.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Slipper has major flaws in his scrummaging that have been papered over until the Scotland game. If he is starting next week we're in trouble in the scrum and have an untried Toby Smith as his replacement.

Which flaws? Where? Penalised or not? Back up your statements with facts, it will help form the discussion, rather than just light an argument.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
If you are calling for Cooper:

1. Watch Foley slot the arse-saving goal in the rain this weekend from 40 out. At least 20 times. Remind yoursekf that at that point he had to come enormous self doubt because if anyone knew he had an off day, IT WAS HIM.
2. Stand in front of a wall. Repeatedly bash your head whilst chanting "BMT, BMT, BMT"
3. Go back through ALL of the archives in the last 5 years. Produce compelling evidence of Cooper delivering in clutch, squeaky-bum, tight test match situations. Try not to trip over the howlers as you go along.
4. Go back to said wall. Bang head again. This time chanting "Can't find it, can't find it, can''t find it..."
5. If you are still conscious, take your kind to the park and practice some no-look passes and try to get it out of your system.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
It was a sublime Yellow Card?

Scored 28 points against England
Scored 15 points against Wales
Scored the winning goal against Scotland

Quade kicked at 55% against Uruguay.

STOP. STOP RIGHT THERE.

So you've spent some time pointing out Foley's shortcomings but you basically admit Quade isn't in form.

Yet you wondering why he was on the bench and not used?

Give me strength.

This isn't about Foley versus Quade, or NSW v QLD. Its about two players with varying abilities and form as part of a squad in a big tournament.

No need to add anything extra! You hit the nail on the head!

Status
Not open for further replies.