• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
A world XV back row is sure fun to speculate. I think Poey and Read would get in- they compliment each well. One tight and hard, the other loose and skillful. Then i'd probably chuck in Vermulen on the blindside flank cos he's a beast, or a 2011 Kaino. But then McCaw misses out (which is crazy that guys leadership alone might get him a spot) and Fardy is probably the form 6. Too many good back rowers.
Not to mention Liam Gill....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Last World Cup we take one 7, and one of the worlds best George Smith heads offshore under Dean's coaching.

This RWC we start with 2 sevens, and have a quality back up in MacMahon.

Interesting.

Oops off topic.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
Anyone else see the SMH player ratings this morning?

He drives a hard bargain this James Polson fella, whoever he is. If you read his ratings and didn't know the result you'd think the Wallabies lost by 40.

I'd go as far as to say he didn't watch the same game as I did. With some of those ratings. If he rates Douglas 5/10 is all I can say this Polson bloke is a joke, I've never heard of him and I doubt I'll read anything he writes now.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I get that Kafer probably doesn't know what he's talking about but Kearns kept agreeing with Barnes which confused me. A) because he wasn't obviously biased to his team; and B) because he was agreeing with a ref.

Actually for all his patriotism Kearns has always struck me as the commentator most likely to agree with 50/50 decisions that don't favour us or disagree with 50/50 decisions that do. He is always the commentator people are citing when they say things like "Even the terrible biased Aussie commentators thought so, so you know it's true!"

I can't think of another commentator more likely to rip into a call that favours his nation. Generally with all the others they are diplomatically silent during the incriminating replays or maybe say something like "Well we were possibly a bit lucky there, but good work".

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Pretty much every ref won't get too tough on the not straights if the other team does not try to contest them. Keeps the game flowing.

I agree letting the 50/50 calls go when there's no contest but when the jumper catches the ball either dead on his chest without moving or on his outside shoulder that shit shouldn't fly regardless.........unfortunately last night it did.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think some would disagree with you over that, like the SMH. But not me!!! I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't think it would have affected final results if it had been called forward.

I just reckon you guys were lucky George Ayoub wasn't sitting in the TMO box and asked to judge it. Who knows what could have happened!

That's very disingenuous in my opinion. Saying you don't have an opinion (a dog in the fight) and then suggesting that in other circumstances there would be doubt over a pass that quite clearly went backwards and hasn't been officially questioned in any circles at all. The insinuation is thick.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I don't know if it's been said already, but you know the Wallabies are in a different space (and the pumas too) when our coach says things like "We probably let the game become a bit too open which suits them more than us".

Imagine reading that quote 4 years ago. You'd think it was a joke.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pretty much every ref won't get too tough on the not straights if the other team does not try to contest them. Keeps the game flowing.

I always say I'd do that when doing my pre-toss up chat to the captains when doing my reffing gigs.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Just checked in at The Roar. Fuck me, anybody would think we lost the game judging by the comments in the threads there. What a bunch of miserable gits.

It's the same on our local threads in SA.

We beat Samoa by 40, we should have beaten them by 60. We beat Scotland by 20, we should have beaten them by 30. We beat USA by 64, we should have beaten them by 84. We beat Wales in the QF, we should have beaten them by 15. We lost by 2 points vs. a bloody brilliant All Blacks team and suddenly Meyer is the worst coach we've ever had and people can't understand why we didn't throw the ball around in our 22 and run circles around them. Can't fucking win.

Pardon my digressing but I'm gatvol (sorry for my Afrikaans) for these fair weather fans who can't appreciate what was achieved under difficult circumstances. Fair enough, we expect to win the world cup, but the margins are so fine at the top that you can't expect to win every time.

/rant

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
It's the same on our local threads in SA.

We beat Samoa by 40, we should have beaten them by 60. We beat Scotland by 20, we should have beaten them by 30. We beat USA by 64, we should have beaten them by 84. We beat Wales in the QF, we should have beaten them by 15. We lost by 2 points vs. a bloody brilliant All Blacks team and suddenly Meyer is the worst coach we've ever had and people can't understand why we didn't throw the ball around in our 22 and run circles around them. Can't fucking win.

Pardon my digressing but I'm gatvol (sorry for my Afrikaans) for these fair weather fans who can't appreciate what was achieved under difficult circumstances. Fair enough, we expect to win the world cup, but the margins are so fine at the top that you can't expect to win every time.

/rant
That is just not fair to the Bok players, in the end the I reckon they did pretty well to fight it out to the wire against the All Blacks who are a really good outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.