• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 England vs Argentina

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
If it were my choice it would just be a straight swap of player. The disadvantage is losing your starting best player for that position for the rest of the game or late in the game a fresher player which then forces you to put a benched player back on. We already have the yellow for temporary loses.

Ive got a feeling this option wouldnt be complicated enough for the current powers in charge though.

Yes, but there are actually some instances of foul play that warrant a number disadvantage.

Not all reds (although most these days) are accidental high tackles.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, but there are actually some instances of foul play that warrant a number disadvantage.

Not all reds (although most these days) are accidental high tackles.

I guess my worry is tackles like the one Farrell copped where his body height was dipping will be judged harsher than what they are. And we'll see lots of people off the field and in contrast see players not get carded when their tackles might have been even worse.

Maybe i just want some consistency. Ive seen multiple identical tackles over this rwc and the responses from referees have ranged from no penalty, penalty only, yellow card, and red card. The theme to wheel of fortune goes through my head every time play gets called back to see a high tackle.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
CFCAA788-6418-4CF9-A57F-45E626EE2895.jpeg

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
tbf gotta respect ledesmas reaction to the red. just crossed his arms.

not sure he 'apprecticed' to chieka. where was the desk slap? the cursing? the hands in the air?