• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
It depends how many scrums are in the match. If they go channel 1 on their own ball, and there aren't that many scrums on our ball then that advantage won't be a huge factor in the result.

When Wales played Fiji I think there was 1 scrum on Fiji's ball in the entire match and it was after about 78 minutes. Fiji dominated some of the scrums on the Welsh feed, and got a couple of penalties, but because there were so few scrums it didn't add up to much.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
It is being suggested that Wales will go with the following backline changes:

15. Anscombe
14. Williams
13. North

The Davies, Biggar, Cuthbert and Roberts would remain unchanged.
That would be a brave call but North up against Kurindrani would be fun to watch if you are neither teams physio.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Yeah I thought last week when Lee came on it would improve but it didn't seem to. They will be better though I would imagine but gee they miss the one with the hair.
They miss the one with the hair from three years ago, not the present model. Lee is a very fine young THP who is creeping back to fitness after a massive injury. I doubt if Fatland would risk him unless he is 100%. The Wale's Loose head side is much more of an issue, IMHO.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I think the scrums pop up on the back of defensive pressure from the Wallabies. If we continue with the rush defense that alone will cause a few handling errors, especially if Wales start to push passes in an attempt to get to the outside channels where their danger men are. I don't recall Fiji applying the same sort of pressure on the Welsh.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The weather forecast is very good for Saturday in Twickers, can't see it turning into a slog fest. I would have a punt there will be fewer than 10 scrums in the game.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Wallabies will play to the corner & aim for the lineout and put the welsh under pressure... the scrum will be no hiding place for the Welsh this weekend...

I like the fact the the Wallabies will run out onto the ground which they last dominated... thats a huge mental advantage...

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The problem a lot of team will have with the Wallabies scrum is not so much the starting front row, but more the subs. The front row of Slipper/TPN/Holmes is a beast. It's arguably better than our starting 3 from a purely scrummaging POV. Most teams have a slight drop in quality between their starters and their bench options. Wales certainly will.

Against England I predicted that the wallabies' reserve front row would dominate their reserve front row. Wales faces the same issue.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Gats might be playing mind games and leaked them names deliberately will know today, would be a point for us if chek had to tell someone your not playing now cause hook isn't in the centre. he who blinks first huh!

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
there are all sorts of rumours up here, North is in the centre hook is even tipuric so lets not get carried away just yet huh!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Pick the Pokemon!

Some card on the front page came up with that instead of McCock, and I like it. The Pooper and the Pokemon.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Folks - looking for some help. Any tips on where to catch the Wallabies Wales game in Manhattan. I think it kicks off at about 11.45 NY time so pubs should be open. Thanks

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Im a bit concerned about a possible To'omua v Roberts match up. To'omua throws himself into tackles and has a history of head knocks. If he did start and the worst happened, who would replace him?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It's inline with the various 'leeks' I heard yesterday. I think this is CH playing mind games or sill buggers depending on your point of view

Why is playing Anscombe at 15 silly buggers? Anscombe has played 15 for almost all his time at the Chiefs because they have lots of good 10's. He has played very well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.