• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Australia v Fiji - 23 September 16:45, Millenium Stadium(24 September 1:45 AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Would guess the incredulity would revolve around the 14-16 hours without contact with newspapers, radio, television and social media without knowing the result.

Both practically, in terms of being able to avoid them, and temptation to know the result.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
no work colleagues or mates to threaten your isolation?

Please report back and tell us how it went.

dozza

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking forward to going to the millennium stadium for the first time, hopefully fiji don't do a Japan on us....

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
WHY IS THIS GAME TAKING SO LONG TO START?

I'm sitting at my desk. I'm supposed to be working. How can I possibly work?

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)

If Fiji were to win there'd be no way of avoiding it unless you had no contact with anyone. It'd be a shock result so people would talk about it.

I had recorded the Japan v South Africa match and planned to watch it on Sunday morning without knowing the result (I didn't think Japan would win but I had a bet on them with the start), but when I woke up I had two messages on my phone just saying 'JAPAN!!!!!' from mates that had seen it live. So I had that spoilt just by waking up and looking at my phone!

So I don't think you can avoid it really. If you manage to hear nothing about it all day then you'd know the Wallabies had won as expected, you just wouldn't know by how many.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)

yeah, these good intentions (don't listen to news etc etc) can bite you in the arse. The day after the japan sa game I did not read the roar, avoided GAGR, did not listen to news, the whole kit bag.

Was on another (STEREO) forum that day, did not read the rugby thread, or the world cup thread, but some frickin arsehole decided to start a totally new thread labelled 'Japan beat SA'.

Fuck, if he was in the same room I would have punched the bastards lights out.

God, was I fucking angry.

So, beware is all I can say, especially as i will be in the 'don't watch it live but the replay' camp for tonight's games.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah, I'm in the middle with this game..I won't stay up because I have too much to do tomorrow so I'll record it and get up at 5am (as all good farmers do!). I can avoid outside influences until about 7.30, after that I'm no hope!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Originally my plan was to record it then watch it once work is over but I've changed my plan of attack and decided to stay up and watch it live!

I wouldn't know what to do with myself at work if I had to avoid social media and sport webpages all day.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
CPlCvOMUYAE8JKg.jpg:large

fuck Kane Douglas is a big unit

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I've been reading a lot in the media and from various rugby folk that the Wallabies will be happy just winning this game.

To me that's rubbish. We're playing our best XV, we're coming off a TRC having beaten all comers, against a poorer team on a short turnaround who are resting players and are coming down from an emotional high of opening the tournament at the home of rugby and just lost to our main competitors by 24.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get the bonus point and I think, realistically, we should be bettering the bookies line (24.5 points).

That's all well and good for the fans to have this expectation of trouncing Fiji, but we don't want the players to presume they can just turn up and win. A bit of humility is in order I think.

Have a Cuban Revolution case study and an essay due Friday morning, but the rugby takes precedence.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
These days it virtually impossible to avoid results for more than a few hours. my strike rate is very poor. social media is the biggest offender. I'm just a knee jerk reaction for me to check my social media before I even realise that its going to be full of spoilers.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
No chance am I sleeping before it, trying to wake me up halfway through a sleep is a dangerous move. Also how can I not watch Japan v Scotland? Huge game!

Have a Cuban Revolution case study and an essay due Friday morning, but the rugby takes precedence.

That's the spirit. I have a case of cubans to study if that's the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom