• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool B: All Blacks vs Springbokke, Sat 21st September, 18h45 , International Stadium Yokohama

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Not by playing touch rugby that's for sure. Thought NZ would be a bit more prepared than this.

Ideally, by beating them up front. Basic rugby stuff. Winning the forward battle, reap the benefits in the back.

SA not easy to push around though.

I agree with you, but it's the touch rugby that''s finding space around the rush defence!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seems either the whole team turned up 20 minutes late, or that opening quarter hot potato chaos was some Palpatine level scheming.

"Right lads. Lets play like a bunch of 12 year old's for the first quarter. They'll kick it to us expecting easy metres, then we'll Order 66 them to the tune of a few tries. Jobs a good 'un."

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well this is grim. Saffas the only realistic hope of stopping the darkness this World Cup.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I agree with you, but it's the touch rugby that''s finding space around the rush defence!

True. Perhaps for any other side in the world I would say no, AB's are capable of quick execution though.

I just still remember the AB's deliberately beating up the B&I Lions up front in the 1st test. Thought they could try that.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
True. Perhaps for any other side in the world I would say no, AB's are capable of quick execution though.

I just still remember the AB's deliberately beating up the B&I Lions up front in the 1st test. Thought they could try that.

Honestly it's incredibly infuriating/admirating for the rest of us.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Don't think I've ever seen Willie Le Roux play a good game of rugby. Maybe once in 2013 something.