• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool B: All Blacks vs Springbokke, Sat 21st September, 18h45 , International Stadium Yokohama

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well hopefully the bokke do something because as the main event this has been shite.

Can watch the all blacks flog someone any old weekend.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I just still remember the AB's deliberately beating up the B&I Lions up front in the 1st test. Thought they could try that.

That's what I thought too. That they went back to it in the final quarter of Lions III (albeit too little, too late) suggests to me that maybe they will use it when push comes to shove. Perhaps they're saving it for knockout rugby? Certainly hope we see it at some point. It was absolutely fantastic rugby.

On the other hand, they're starting to get good change from the South African backfield, which was something they deliberately avoided attacking in the RC. Though ours hasn't been quite as secure as I'd like.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
That's what I thought too. That they went back to it in the final quarter of Lions III (albeit too little, too late) suggests to me that maybe they will use it when push comes to shove. Perhaps they're saving it for knockout rugby? Certainly hope we see it at some point. It was absolutely fantastic rugby.

On the other hand, they're starting to get good change from the South African backfield, which was something they deliberately avoided attacking in the RC. Though ours hasn't been quite as secure as I'd like.

True. We have options though don't we. We're going to need to beat 1 or 2 northern hemisphere sides, so that might play out a little differently than SA's uber rush.

Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with the loosies combo. Read and Cane are solid but Savea has taken a massive step forward lately. He's a demon out there. If we get Retallick back anywhere near his best they are looking good 1-8.

Reece and Bridge have been SO good.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
17 points in 5 minutes, correct if I'm wrong but is that not a HELLFIRE BLITZKRIEG PAREMOREMOREMOREMO JAAAAAAILBREAK

giphy.gif

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
True. We have options though don't we. We're going to need to beat 1 or 2 northern hemisphere sides, so that might play out a little differently than SA's uber rush.

Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with the loosies combo. Read and Cane are solid but Savea has taken a massive step forward lately. He's a demon out there. If we get Retallick back anywhere near his best they are looking good 1-8.

Reece and Bridge have been SO good.
Reece and Bridge were also the difference between Perth and Dunedin.

Wings so underrated.

(Yes I played wing fuck you)

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
The deliberate blocking for kick receivers is getting completely out of hand.

Faf de Klerk just blatantly blocked our chasers. He actually put his arm out and literally blocked the chaser. Refs are completely ignoring it.

tragic

John Solomon (38)

Faf de Klerk just blatantly blocked our chasers. He actually put his arm out and literally blocked the chaser. Refs are completely ignoring it.

To be fair you guys are doing the exact same thing

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
My most hated sound: Aaron Smith screeching in delight at an opposition knock on or mistake.
My most treasured sound: Aaron Smith screeching in fury at some perceived slight against the All Blacks.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Welcome to the world of officiating going against you.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
This second half is like watching '99 France vs the '03 Blues. No one knows what the f*ck is about to happen, least of all the players on the field.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Peter Steph du toit is the most complete player - or at least forward - I’ve seen in my lifetime. If I could have my time again I’d breed 8 of him.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
TJP. All the time in the world and he kicks it out on the 22. BIG MISTAKE. It hurt Fiji earlier against Australia.