• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Say It Ain't So!!! McCaw may be GONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Getting back on track...McCaw looked fine running against the Argies, got belted backward a couple of times by a few good Argie tackles but overall he looked like his foot wasnt giving him any probs.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Getting back on track...McCaw looked fine running against the Argies, got belted backward a couple of times by a few good Argie tackles but overall he looked like his foot wasnt giving him any probs.

He either had a really good local-anaesthetic injection or he has Chuck Norris lack of pain perception!! He's a machine. Couldn't kill him with an axe.

P

pete88

Yeah McCaw looked fine today, damn close to MOM for me. Got away with a few... things but that's his job, see Pocock for further examples.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah McCaw looked fine today, damn close to MOM for me. Got away with a few... things but that's his job, see Pocock for further examples.

Was Weepu Man of match? Think they are sharing these things around. Breadman could've won all ours to date.

BTW, thread starts with 'say it ain't so' - well it isn't innit?!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He seemed to have his knee strapped quite heavily. Anything going on there?

He came in for a fair bit of treatment. Didn't appear to be favouring anything. At one stage I saw him go down in a tackle where I thought his knee was in serious danger of hyper extension. He came through that OK.

Is this part of a mind game strategy from the Darkness, or a slow news day beat up that grew legs?

P

pete88

I saw that tackle, was watching Kiwi commentary and they pretty much shat themselves when that happened. But yeah, he just threw himself in to everything, moved quickly, didn't favour anything. Think he's always got strapped knees. Two more games then off to the surgeon for patchups and a long recovery methinks.

And yeah Cardiffblue, Weepu got it, I can see why he gave them a lot of direction with their continued #10 dramas, Slade played a lot of game time with a(nother) buggered groin.

Breadman=Warburton? Sorry had to ask, and if so yeah he's been a beast for you boys, leading probably the best looking side still in this. No one picked that 5 weeks ago! Or that the NH side of the tournament would look so strong in the QFs.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Warburton = breadman indeed. Back there Warburton's are big bread company. Every bloody match some clown posts a thread 'Warburton out.....' and after everyone has recovered sufficiently from cardiac arrest to open the thread, the message content says ..... of bread rolls.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Certainly didn't look off the pace today. In fact I thought it was his best game of the year - from what I have seen of the ABs.

The niggle couldn't be that serious.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Surley the wallabies will be targeting McCaw early next week. Going low in the tackles on him trying to get a grab at that foot.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
He either had a really good local-anaesthetic injection or he has Chuck Norris lack of pain perception!! He's a machine. Couldn't kill him with an axe.

Chuck McCaw laughs at your axe. He smirks his superiority as your feeble axe blows fail to permeate his cloak of Darkness, before stealing your balls and crouching over the corpse of your dignity.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Would it be possible to change the topic of this thread? Each time I see new posts I think he's gone again! ;)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)

A NZ mate that was at the game said he asked him how it was after and richie said the painkiller made it fine, though for most of the game he couldn't feel below his shin.

Not a great thing, but good it isn't killing him. Hopefully he is in fine form and him v Pocock next week s a fantastic battle

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
A NZ mate that was at the game said he asked him how it was after and richie said the painkiller made it fine, though for most of the game he couldn't feel below his shin.

Not a great thing, but good it isn't killing him. Hopefully he is in fine form and him v Pocock next week s a fantastic battle

Dangerous situation - that if anything bad happens he is not likely to feel it. For his sake you'd have to hope he doesn't do any lasting damage in the last game of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.