• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi Final Qualifier 2: Crusaders v Sharks: Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Sharks have a very good change of upsetting the Saders in this match. They are very good travellers, lets say much better then the Brutes and spoecially against NZ sides. They had a lot of pressure in the Bull Ring match and the French flair of Michalak and Lampie in 15 surely changed them completely from their previous backline struggle. The way they beat the Brutes in the Ring in a all or nothing encouter will make them a totally new kind of fish and they will have it the same way like one week back. Kiwis and Aussies thinking this is a Saders walk in the park may think a again in a weeks time. Its going to be tough for the Sharks but they show they like it this way and hit their form at the right time. Cant think of a tougher encounter and caldrome they won like they had this weekend.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Paarl I think you meant "Cauldron". Like a moerse big potjie :).

I think the Guppies will run the Saders close but the travel will get them.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl I think you meant "Cauldron". Like a moerse big potjie :).

I think the Guppies will run the Saders close but the travel will get them.
Ja sure thanks for the help. The last thing they will worry about is the travel factor. They will play in a small stadia and it sure will help them and know they have it between the ears to upset the Saders. If they achieve this the Reds will have it even more difficult against them in the semi.

By the way I love your avator!

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ja sure thanks for the help. The last thing they will worry about is the travel factor. They will play in a small stadia and it sure will help them and know they have it between the ears to upset the Saders. If they achieve this the Reds will have it even more difficult against them in the semi.

By the way I love your avator!

Agreed but it took me a while to tell who the hell it was cos I couldn't see a picture of a massive blue ute

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sharks should put plenty of pressure on the Saders back 3, that is the weakest area IMO. There is added pressure on Carter to do most of the creating when he drops back in our 4-man back formation.

Yes Guildford is playing well and Marshall is stepping up to this level, but without Dagg and Maitland to carry the creating role, we are getting very little from this area.

Don't like it when McCaw is out during finals footy either.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I agree with Paarl on this one, I was one who got out of bed at 12.50am on Sunday morning, as a neutral, in the interest of Bulls V Sharks. And wasn't it a fantastic game, intense atmosphere, SA showing they really have some attacking flair. The physicality was absolutely brutal, and I remember at the end the bulls couldn't even hear their own lineout call because the crowd was going insane.

Shorks by 2 in a thriller.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I think the return of Ellis is critical here. With their 3rd ranked 9 on the park, the 'Saders driving game and slow ball approach suffered. Ellis/Carter have the experience to guide a Saders team at home deeper into the knock-out stages even if their lineout and Marshall at the back are weak links (Marshall at the back has a nice turn of pace but his decision making is dreadful).

The Saders lineout was owned by the Blues recently, and it must be their biggest worry at the tail end of the comp.

Gingerbeer

Peter Burge (5)
Yep, he's played the last 3 games. I'm guessing the Sharks planned it that way.

Greg Peters on Twitter said it was 4 games. His exact words, "4 unless their are extenuating circumstances in terms of injuries in the squad which have to be supported by medicals to us".

Gingerbeer

Peter Burge (5)
Michalak only made the Sharks squad for two games but has been cleared by SANZAR to play in the finals as a replacement to Sharks backup scrumhalf, Conrad Hoffman. I can't imagine Freddy will see any time at scrumhalf unless McLeod goes down injured.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Crusaders:
15 Tom Marshall, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Robbie Fruean, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read (captain), 7 Matt Todd, 6 George Whitelock, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Wyatt Crockett

Substitutes: 16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Luke Romano, 19 Jonathan Poff, 20 Kahn Fotuali'i, 21 Matt Berquist, 22 Ryan Crotty/Brent Ward

Sharks:
15. Patrick Lambie, 14. JP Pietersen, 13. Stefan Terblanche (captain), 12. Meyer Bosman, 11. Lwazi Mvovo, 10. Frederic Michalak, 9. Charl McLeod, 8. Willem Alberts, 7. Jean Deysel, 6. Keegan Daniel, 5. Alistair Hargreaves, 4. Gerhard Mostert, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis, 1. Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16. John Smit, 17. Eugene van Staden, 18. Ross Skeate, 19. Ryan Kankowski, 20. Jacques Botes, 21. Adrian Jacobs, 22. Louis Ludik

Huge pack for the Sharks. Pretty sure with Alberts and Diesel they'll aim to dominate pill possesion and extra grunt with Mostert as lock. They'll have to play like last week, build a innings and end strong. If the Saders blast them at the start it can be a loooooong afternoon for them. Cant believe the Saders cant sell their 450 tickets for such an important match. If they played in SA , Soweto would have been to small.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rugby365
Nelson not a sell-out
Plenty of tickets are still available for the Crusaders versus Sharks Super Rugby qualifier match at Trafalgar Park, in Nelson, on Saturday.

As of Friday only about 10,000 tickets had been sold.

The capacity at the ground is 18,000.
Dis appoint ing!

R

RuckinGoodStats

No rain for the last 24 hours in Nelson and my team tell me it is very firm under foot...

R

RuckinGoodStats

Crusaders walked from their Hotel to game, cause they could. Cold, dry and firm underfoot. #Crusaders #Sharks #rugby #super15 #superrugby

R

RuckinGoodStats

Rain very late overnight and well after the game. The rain radar is pretty clear, but cold, very cold. Temp is 7.5 C, wind chill make it 7.0 C as very light wind, just enough to know it there and find any exposed skin…

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers #Crusaders Carter 72% (50 from 69) on 143 points. #Sharks: Lambie 78% (66/85) on 190 points #rugby #super15 #superrugby

#Crusaders on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 10.5 pens (3); 6.5 pens at ruck (3); 14 missed tackles (5)

#Sharks on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 9.1 pens (10); 5.2 pens at ruck (10); 15.4 missed tackles (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.