• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Reds Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Sharks very clearly playing territory and already taking the long penalty kick option with Francois Steyn.

Aidan kicked Lambie a pretty easy one and the chase line was very fragmented with two big holes, but Lambie opted for kick anyway.

3-3

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I always get worried when we try to play a kicking game. We don't have the quality or the consistency to do it well and we often end up losing ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Holmes setting his legs too far back and getting driven up and backwards by the Beast. Reds barely get the ball out.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Inside ball off of Cooper is making meters for the Reds consistently.

Both teams still poking around for weakness at the moment. Reds may open up soon though.

Another penalty straight in front, Reds up 6-3.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Both teams will be prepared to infringe when close to their line I reckon. Ref will need to get the discipline sorted early so the game can flow.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes it could be a game of 3's which would be a shame.
Saia wtf were you thinking?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Penalty to the Sharks for hands in.

Reds barely got out of jail earlier thanks to breakdown in communication between Reinach and Lambie. Sharks were put into a great attacking position by another poor kick from Toua. Sharks back 3 looking dangerous with so much good ball.

Lambie knocks it over, 6-6.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Penalty to the Sharks for hands in.

Reds barely got out of jail earlier thanks to breakdown in communication between Reinach and Lambie. Sharks were put into a great attacking position by another poor kick from Toua. Sharks back 3 looking dangerous with so much good ball.

Lambie knocks it over, 6-6.
Yeah that Marais looks very dangerous.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Reds sabotage another Shorks maul with startling effectiveness.

Schatz becoming a real menace at the front of opposing line outs.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Sharks pump Holmes at the scrum again.

Sharks fortunate to retrieve the ball again after some hot potato off the ground with about 5 Reds players missing the ball.

Penalty called on Kev for high tackle on Lambie.

Reds defense looking very good so far.

Lambie hits it again 9-6, Reds behind for first time in the match.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
All 4 of our penalties so far have been within kicking range and have all been kicked.
This poor discipline is becoming a Reds trademark sadly.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Reds bail themselves out again shoving the Beast into touch.

Defense did a bit of a Jeckyl and Hyde there, got porous very quickly!

Lambie hits another, 12-6.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Sharks go into a feeding frenzy. Looks like Battleship has driven it over the line from close.

Really great tracking by CFS stops a likely try off of a cross-field kick to a rampaging JP Pietersen. Sharks forwards just wanted it more and get over the line after a few pick and drives.

Try awarded. Kick made, 19-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.