• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Reds Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Genia manages a great steal off a Sharks scrum. Coopers makes the best of a sloppy pass from Mike Harris, getting the Reds a line out about 10m out.

Sharks swarm on a grubber kick through the centers by Quade and then turn over the ball after stopping Aidan Toua in his tracks around their 10m line.

Sharks get a very fortunate penalty in spite of being the ones who sealed off the ruck.

22-6

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Fuck me we could've had 3 penalties go out way there. Where the hell was the touch judge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
And again? You have to be on your feet an give the player opportunity to place the ball.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Reds earn their first penalty in ages after Frans Steyn plays a man off the ball, on the back of some enterprising attacking play by the Reds.

Reds go for the line out.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Reds taking it to the Sharks at the end of the half and earn another penalty.

Sharks seem to have forgotten where the offsides line is, maybe it is a South African thing?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's looks super greasy out there but all he had to do was catch it.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
"Halftime: Sharks getting over the gain line in contact situations 86% of the time, Reds 94% of the time.

Halftime: Red missed 14 tackle, or 1 in 4.3 tackle attempts, Sharks missed 7 or 1 in 5 tackle attempts

Halftime: Sharks have conceded 5 turnovers, Red 13, with 5 of those being handling errors."

http://www.ruckingoodstats.com/events/games.html

Defense has to wake up and play like they did in the first 15 and this game will be very different. There's not much you can do about the ref giving the Shorks some home-side calls but our discipline at the breakdown could be much better.

Need to stop shooting themselves in the foot as well with the dropped balls.

I really liked that line out move at the end, with the exception of Harris screwing it up. Using Quade as a dummy runner opened up an absolutely huge hole.

CFS is stitching up the 13 jersey.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Harris ..ouch

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

When oh when will the Reds' coaches realise that Harris is a totally inadequate player at 12 for 2014's competitive standards as set by the best teams if our goal is - seriously - to win another S15 title.

TheHam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hometown reffing is costly, as is dropping it with the line open, but the Sharks are bullying the Reds and kicking all their penalties. A big uphill climb from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.