• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Absolutely, I was never suggesting that Easts were in a different/poorer position than anyone else.
The entire comp is propped up by benefactors.
The very fact that gate receipts are so low demonstrates that clubs are relying upon a very narrow base.Which is a very dangerous game,when some people are being paid to be there.

T

TOCC

Absolutely, I was never suggesting that Easts were in a different/poorer position than anyone else.
The entire comp is propped up by benefactors.
The very fact that gate receipts are so low demonstrates that clubs are relying upon a very narrow base.Which is a very dangerous game,when some people are being paid to be there.

Yes i went to quite a number of Southern District games in 2011 and since moving to Randwick last year i have attended a number of their games as well...

You are looking at this from one direction, but marketing can be a multi-demensional approach to developing brand awareness or improving the value of the company. Sponsorship holds a niche position in the marketing mix due to its effectiveness in building brand awareness, providing differentiated marketing platforms, facilitating direct buisness benefits and providing a valuable networking and hospitality opportunity

Sponsors may also enjoy the positive and socially responsible image from sports sponsorship, giving them a favourable impression from sponsoring and event/person because they are represented as providing a 'scholarship' for a sports player or support to a team.

Increasingly sponsorships are being used strategically inside companies to motivate employees or facilitate major structural change, such as a merger, there is research indication that there are relationships between sports sponsorship and employee's personal identity, morale and job satisfaction.

Have a look around at many of the professional teams and some of the abstract sponsors that they have on board, many of whom receive absolutely no jersey or ground advertising, based on your logic these are benefactors as well?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You are looking at this from one direction, but marketing can be a multi-demensional approach to developing brand awareness or improving the value of the company. Sponsorship holds a niche position in the marketing mix due to its effectiveness in building brand awareness, providing differentiated marketing platforms, facilitating direct buisness benefits and providing a valuable networking and hospitality opportunity
If you are going to build brand awareness you go where more than a handful know that you are contributing.
Sit in the members with the sponsors and you will see none of that is going on.Just a bunch of blokes with too much money,having a few drinks supporting the wrong team.

Have a look around at many of the professional teams and some of the abstract sponsors that they have on board, many of whom receive absolutely no jersey or ground advertising, based on your logic these are benefactors as well?
No they are paying for the "experience of being involved"
Sponsors get access to the players, and are invited to select events,where they can invite guests.
To get the same level of access in the SS,all you need is a carton of beer.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
SS Sponsors seem to come from 3 main sources.
Local Community, Ex or Current Club affiliation from playing/coaching etc, and commercial businesses.
Once you get past the "for the love of rugby" set of sponsors, they absolutely want a return.
Do not underestimate the value provided through access and networking opportunities with potential customers who are fellow sponsors.

Interested party

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gate takings wouldn't include members at Easts who get free entry. Hard to compare gate takings across the different clubs as some have memberships which allow free ground entry.
Directors would have liability insurance surely? But members may ask a few questions at the AGM.
Are all directors standing again?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Gate takings wouldn't include members at Easts who get free entry. Hard to compare gate takings across the different clubs as some have memberships which allow free ground entry.
Directors would have liability insurance surely? But members may ask a few questions at the AGM.
Are all directors standing again?
You'll see there were some mid term resignations.
From speaking to one of those that remained he is there for the long haul so I would expect so.
They have also taken some practical steps to strengthen the juniors and, maybe, retain them in early high school which has been a huge problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marlin

Bob McCowan (2)
Uni gets locals? Really?

Eastwood gets good crowds, some of them are actually locals.

It is an essential feature of our budget of Manly to encourage game day as much as possible. Subject to weather we would never have less than 1200-1500 at a home game, much bigger crowds for Rats, Eastwood & Uni. 20% of our revenue is generated on game day being a combination of gate takings and concessions and many of our sponsors sign up for this reason.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It is an essential feature of our budget of Manly to encourage game day as much as possible. Subject to weather we would never have less than 1200-1500 at a home game, much bigger crowds for Rats, Eastwood & Uni. 20% of our revenue is generated on game day being a combination of gate takings and concessions and many of our sponsors sign up for this reason.

Great day out at the Village Green, I alway go the season pass, last years pass included me and 1 female - a fantastic idea.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The last home game we saw at Milner (against Gordon) the crowd was well over two thousand, I would guess. Sadly, the equivalent game at Chatswood drew a paltry two or three hundred.

The sad thing is, the SS my wife have seen live over the last few years has been bloody good quality, Eastwood vs Gordon at Milner was a great match, and the reserve grade was even better!

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah, I know. But this may be a good way to promote the club at least in the local papers "All Black Anesi in PreSeason Form with Two Blues"

Prodigy I know you mean well but a rugby journeyman that played 1 Test for the AB's, a couple of Super Rugby games, a few games for Hunters Hill when he was friends with members of the club and then turns up at Parra towards the end of last season is hardly news worthy is it? http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/4882997/Sosene-Anesi-a-chance-for-Waratahs-recall

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Prodigy I know you mean well but a rugby journeyman that played 1 Test for the AB's, a couple of Super Rugby games, a few games for Hunters Hill [deleted, but completely inappropriate scuttlebutt about a player] who then turns up at Parra towards the end of last season is hardly news worthy is it? http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/4882997/Sosene-Anesi-a-chance-for-Waratahs-recall
This post is shit. For anyone who can't work it out, these type of comments are not on.

andrew williams

Frank Row (1)
Emu's have lost a few with the three tight forwards now at Randwick, Mark Murray has returned to NZ and Cohen-Mason rumoured to be with Easts. Parra have picked up one Penrith First Grade player and all I will say is it's got nothing to do with money - unsure what's behind the decision of the other boys to move on but I thought they had a solid base to build on from 2012 but clearly they are starting from scratch again. Jason Paseta is rumoured (only rumour) to be going to the "other code" but I believe he will end up staying at Penrith.

They have some good people out there and I hope their passion pays off and they can get their processes right to begin building something sustainable for the long term. In terms of support from elsewhere it's not something they can count on - not sure on the history here in terms of how much support (financial or otherwise) they have had so probably a whole picture there that at least myself am not aware of.

I'm not sure who is feeding you your information but i have been told from a reliable source that Cohen Masson is playing for Wests, Mark Murray is playing for Easts and regardless of whether Solomona Silipa has attended para training or not the chances of getting that man to play anywhere but Penrith is slim to none. Also Jason Peseta is at Penrith for the 2013 season.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Here's an financially sensible reason to sponsor a sport's team:

My Dad 100ish clients and one in particular makes up 25% of his business and is very invested in a local footy club. He asked Dad if he wanted to sponsor the club and Dad said yes. Dad does like footy, the only time every year he goes to teh club is on sponsors weekend.

Sponsoring local level sport is about people management, making the right people happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.