• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Ok Fellas, round one is just around the corner and most if not all sides have played their last trials matches. Anyone impressed by any certain individual or team looking to have a good 2013 campaign.
Gotta say Taniela Rawaqa looked brilliant for Parramatta V Queanbeyan

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did they? Nick White played for Eastwood 2 years ago before getting a fulltime Brumbies gig and I have vague memories of Alexanda also playing for Eastwood.

I pretty sure that Nick White would continue to play for Eastwood if he was allowed.

Nic White played in the John I Dent Cup for a few years before being picked up by Eastwood..........

Ben Alexander played colts for Uni Norths when he was studying at UC...........

I'm sure neither of them want to be playing club rugby for anyone, as it means they're not playing test rugby.........

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Also keep an eye on a few new Gordon recruits from NZ. They terrorised warringah on the weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nic White played in the John I Dent Cup for a few years before being picked up by Eastwood....

Ben Alexander played colts for Uni Norths when he was studying at UC.....

I'm sure neither of them want to be playing club rugby for anyone, as it means they're not playing test rugby...

agree

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was told on the weekend that Randwick knocked back a joint venture with UNSW.
The times they are a changing.

Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 7.53.58 PM.png

http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
With just under 10 days until Round 1, any predictions on new players that will emerge in this year or even those who will have a breakout year in the 2013 Shute Shield?

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
Would be greatly appreciated if a few people could give me their rankings of the Shute teams from 1st to last.

1. Manly
2. Uni
3. Eastwood
4. Souths
5. Randwick
6. Easts
7. Norths
8. Warringah
9. West Harbour
10. Gordon
11. Penrith

No real basis for some of this - and yes I did deliberately leave someone out, and no (i won't say).

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
1. Parramatta
2. Manly
3. Uni
4. Eastwood
5. Souths
6. Randwick
7. Easts
8. Norths
9. Warringah
10. West Harbour
11. Gordon
12. Penrith

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
1. Parramatta
2. Manly
3. Uni
4. Eastwood
5. Souths
6. Randwick
7. Easts
8. Norths
9. Warringah
10. West Harbour
11. Gordon
12. Penrith
Oh Dave! I would have worked it out eventually! But I think Coach Christini's prediction for Parra's finishing position would be a little more conservative than the above :) I'm tipping around the top 5 but i think it will be hard to break into the top 4 (Uni, Manly, Souths, Eastwood - probably in that order).

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Great season launch/grading night at OneWorld Bar Parramatta tonight. 150+ grade, colts and women Two Blues. Great to see club director Tatafu Polota Nau on the door, meeting and greeting every player on arrival and staying late with the players (not drinking Cheiks). There is a spirit rising in the west.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Great season launch/grading night at OneWorld Bar Parramatta tonight. 150+ grade, colts and women Two Blues. Great to see club director Tatafu Polota Nau on the door, meeting and greeting every player on arrival and staying late with the players (not drinking Cheiks). There is a spirit rising in the west.
Good stuff may the spirit rise - your man Tatafu P N was apparently part of a very special afternoon at Freshwater Beach this afternoon - a paddle out for Chris Drake tragically taken from the northern beaches community far too soon at Nth Curl Curl on 16 march . Chris would have admired what the 2 Blues are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.