• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Tumut v Leeton next week. Everyone's been waiting for this return bout. Excuse the pun. Boiled Lollies were great today against Blacks. They were in front 20 mins to go.

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
Big result from the Steamers. Not sure about the state of the Phantoms but the Albury boys were missing Manion, Devlin and Macdougall and had a couple a key injuries during the game. I’ve heard on the grapevine that Blake Le Cornu has returned from injury bulked up and has raised his game to a new level. Smokies

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Big result from the Steamers. Not sure about the state of the Phantoms but the Albury boys were missing Manion, Devlin and Macdougall and had a couple a key injuries during the game. I’ve heard on the grapevine that Blake Le Cornu has returned from injury bulked up and has raised his game to a new level. Smokies

I heard that a Le Cornu intercept was a critical moment in the match. Maybe he's added some speed to his size also?

It'll be interesting to see what transpires from this weekend's match at Tumut, this game is becoming increasingly important for the coming weeks of the competition and could provide for some interesting movement/s on the ladder.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Surely Sam this will be the most interesting round of the 2018. City were good last week and get a chance to win a game this year against Reddies. The last semi final spot could be decided between Aggies and Blacks. Albury get the chance to prove they are the real deal against Waratahs. Phantoms v Bulls - well this one has interest on a number of levels.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Friday is selections Day
Waraths to defeat Albury by 30+ at Murrayfield - Waratahs wont take the Steamers lightly after they beat Leeton last Week
Tumut to be 2 good at home for the Leeton Phantoms who are starting to have some question marks asked about their Premiership credentials this year
Aggies and Griffith to have a close one but the home ground advantage may get Aggies the win
City v CSU Reddies - It would be great to see City get their first win of the year but this could be another close one for 2 Teams that have struggled so far this year
Waratahs dominace this year kooks as though they will have all 4 Grades in this year's Grand Finals at Conolly ?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2018 Round 9 Scores
Ag College 57 bt Griffith 13
Tahs 39 bt Albury 29
CSU 30 bt City 26
Tumut 46 bt Leeton 43

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
That just about settles it then doesn't it
1. Waratahs
2. Leeton
3. Tumut
4. Albury
5. Aggies
6. Griffith
7. Reddies
8. City

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I don't know if the Final positions on the Ladder are settled yet but there is no doubt Griffith face a difficult task to make the Top 5 now after their loss on Saturday to Aggies - Griffith's last 5 matches are aginst CSU at the Exies (h), Albury (away), Leeton and Tumut at the Exies in conbsecutive Weekends and they finish off with a match against Waratahs in Wagga.
The frustrating issue for the Blacks this year is that their best matches have been against the Stronger Teams (Waratahs & Leeton)
The Steamers opened the Competition up a little bit on the Weekend with their Performance against Waratahs but it still looks as though this year's Competition is for Waratahs to lose
Anyone know what time the Rep Game between SIRU and South Coast / Monaro kicks off at Conolly on Saturday ?

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I would like to see them there Whistle but the Blacks would be long odds to make the finals. Having said that Leeton and Tumut would be wise not to take them too lightly when they come over here.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
So with Fairfax media putting at the local papers behind a paywall can someone please provide the final team for the weekend?

I assume it will be quite strong with a good representation from across the comp.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
So with Fairfax media putting at the local papers behind a paywall can someone please provide the final team for the weekend?

I assume it will be quite strong with a good representation from across the comp.

Expecting people to pay for the inaccuracies, spelling errors and generally poor journalism is very rich.

1. Nathan Seymour (city)
2. Ewan Morris (Griffith)
3. Sai Ratudradra (Leeton)
4. Austen Wallace (Tahs)
5. Tom Moaut (Tumut)
6. Harry Hosegood (Tahs) (c)
7. Mike Van Diggelen (Ag Coll)
8. Saione Ahomana (Griffith)
9. Gerard McTaggert (Ag Coll)
10. Cameron Duffy (Ag Coll)
11. Vaughn Scott (Tumut)
12. Noa Rabici (Leeton)
13. Josef Glamuzina (Tumut)
14. Hamish McMahon (CSU)
15. Blake Le Cornu (Albury)
16. Angus Forster (Tumut)
17. Jack McIntosh (Ag Coll)
18. Apimeleki Kaloudonu (Griffith)
19. Matt Harris (Ag Coll)
20. Menzies Seumanutafa (Tumut)
21. Vereti Tupou (Leeton)
22. Lochlan Ramm (Ag Coll)
23. Andrew Stanham (Ag Coll)

Coach: Richard Skellern
Assistant Coach: Nick McCarthy
Assistant Coach: Zac Elliot
Manager: Jonathan Andreou
Trainer: Rob McPherson

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Thanks for that - it is a pretty good team, great to see each 1st grade club has a starter.

Good luck for Saturday.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Looks like a solid Team for SIRU Tomorrow
The Team that played Monaro / South Coast in Canberra last year was a lot stronger with Waratahs & Leeton players dominating the selections.
If Monaro / South Coast have got several ADFA players in their ranks tomorrow then SIRU might be in for a bit of a battle
The Griffith No. 8 must be a pretty handy player if he can keep Menzies Seumanutafa from Tumut on the bench
Le Cornu might have been a better proposition at O/Centre with Glamuzina an in form fullback for the Tumut Bulls in recent weeks

Reasoning

Herbert Moran (7)
Just watched the Rep match replay on Live Stream
Some Observations
# The No. 2 for SIRU had a terrible day with his Lineout throws
# Replacement player Menzies ??? was the best player on the field in the 2nd Half - Why didn't he start
# The Centres for SIRU were very strong

It will be interesting to see how many players from SIRU get selected for the Brumbies Rep team because they didn't dominate this game like they used to in the past

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
# The Referee for the match was well out of his depth

Stop trolling please.

I was at the game and would argue he did a splendid job, particularly at scrum time.

Having a shot at a referee anonymously is poor form in any regard, but in a season where the general rugby public are more than aware of the lack of officials in the area, it's even worse.

Pull your head in you pelican. Or even better, have a crack at refereeing yourself.

I'm happy to provide some pointers for you at the Wagga Juniors Gala Day this Sunday. PM me for more details mate.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Stop trolling please.

I was at the game and would argue he did a splendid job, particularly at scrum time.

Having a shot at a referee anonymously is poor form in any regard, but in a season where the general rugby public are more than aware of the lack of officials in the area, it's even worse.

Pull your head in you pelican. Or even better, have a crack at refereeing yourself.

I'm happy to provide some pointers for you at the Wagga Juniors Gala Day this Sunday. PM me for more details mate.

Par for the course on here Sam. All we seem to hear is ref was crap, rep rugby is broken because we are too good, why didn’t we dominate? Why was he selected? Is this a politically correct team?

I’m all for betterment of our zone but for once can we just be bloody positive.

My thoughts on the match
SCM started very physically and out enthused the SIRU boys early. The ADFA connection was a huge highlight and plus for the SCM side.
SIRU seemed to be thinking 2 phase ahead rather than dealing with job at hand when they had the ball, let the SCM 6 and 7 have a field day early with inaccurate breakdown work.
When SIRU held the ball looked far more dangerous. Midfield in particular looked very strong.
Bench players for SIRU were impressive. Both props, Ag Coll second row and Menzies were notable more dynamic.
Very good second half. More breakdown accuracy meant more continuity and that danger in attack resulted in points.
Referee was good. Of the 47 people on the field taking into account all players and the referee he was in the top 10 performers on the day.

In a year with a turnover of players and a large number of rookie rep footballers to win by 24 points and only concede one try more than last season is a good sign I would have thought.

Although it’s just easier to point out what you don’t like around here rather than the good stuff.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The ADFA guys clearly added some fitness to the SCM team which balanced well with some of the older heads on the park too.

I thought the SCM halfback had a good game as did the #13 who controlled that channel well against some handy centres in Glamuzina and Rabici.

Well done to Corey Toole who didn't play fot SIRU as he was playing for ACT Schoolboys on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the Brumbies Provincial Team handle themselves against NSWC on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.