• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2019

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Good luck to all sides this weekend. Especially the rep players... (this is a joke btw)

Here’s my tips for the weekend
Tahs too strong, see them winning by 20-30. Heard there are 5 out of the city starting side at a Bucks. Well planned date for this.
Ag college with a cricket score win over the Reddies. 50+ margin.
I reckon albury may do Tumut. Heard good reports re fitness along with a few new ins and a notable return on the back row. Not sure if he’s in town yet though.
Flip a coin in the MIA cup. Probably Griffith at this stage for me. Had a pre season and I reckon will develop further under Craig Morris.

Is anyone aware of the kick off time for the Tahs v City match Friday night?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
How many Refs have we got for the Round "Yourmatesam"

Things are looking a little better tonight than they were earlier in the week, still a number of holes to fill though.

Round 2 will be light on.

Clubs need to be prepared to have club based folks looking after 3rd Grade, 2nd Grade and Women's. We'll clearly appoint wherever we can though.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Waratahs Aggies Albury Leeton. The only close game will probably be Albury v Tumut. It will be interesting to see how the Blacks measure up in this first game. Some new players.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
City and confusion seem to go hand in hand
SIRRA seem to be providing 6 Referees this weekend for the 12 matches to be played this Weekend
Noticed the Rugby Manager for SIRU playing 1st Grade for Tumut tomorrow - Conflict of Interest issue there for sure
Maybe he should be helping Referre with the 2 Development Officers who also both they have their hands tied to Wagga Ag And City (coaching roles)
Best to be neutral and help all the Clubs
Reddies unable to announce a side for tomorrow's clash against Ag Collegec in today's DA - big worry ?
Positive News is that the Comp has commenced
If anyone knows any scores from tonight's match Waratahs v City please keep us up to date with scores from all the Grades

Boil over
City defeat tahs by 11 I think it was.
Curgenven, wrafter, Lagaali massive.
Too much dropped ball for the tahs.
Good game of rugby

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Leeton only able to field 10 players in 2nd grade yesterday. Forfeited and played 5 unregistered players from crowd. Reasoning suggested Phantoms might struggle for 2nd grade no.s this year.

BillyBenson

Frank Row (1)
New to this. Like all things rugby, but like it based on fact, not hearsay or rumour. No forfeit from Leeton Second Grade yesterday. Some players backed up from First Grade, that’s not a crime. There were 3 players on the bench. Guarantee you there weren’t 5 unregistered players from the crowd.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
New to this. Like all things rugby, but like it based on fact, not hearsay or rumour. No forfeit from Leeton Second Grade yesterday. Some players backed up from First Grade, that’s not a crime. There were 3 players on the bench. Guarantee you there weren’t 5 unregistered players from the crowd.

You’ll be sorely disappointed if you want facts instead of rumour here mate.

Saw that Corey Toole got a start for Gungahlin 1sts and crossed for 5 tries in their big win over Easts on the weekend. What a great performance.

Speaking of great things. How well did the SIRU junior gala day go two weekends ago. Hundreds of kids there having a blast. Brilliant involvement from the whole Brumbies squad and support staff.

Good things do happen in our zone despite the negativity of this place saying otherwise.

triathlon

Frank Row (1)

I believe it was only 3 players Paul and no they weren't from the crowd, they were actually players from Griffith who were expecting to get a run but were unfortunately knocked back due to not being registered. Maybe Leeton has worked out Rugby Xplorer better than the rest and were able to get the three boys registered in the two minutes before they were called over to run on for Leeton?

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Tips for Round 2 matches this Weekend

Tumut v City - Tumut by a less than 10

Leeton v Ag College - Leeton by less than 10

Griffith v CSU - Griffith by a lot - 50+

Albury v Waratahs - Waratahs by 25+

Does anyone know if a Preview of this year's Competition was done in the DA this year ?

Noticed the Review of Round matches last Monday had been reduced to 1 page instead of the normal 2 pages !

More promotion of our Game is needed by both the Clubs and SIRU as Rugby League , AFL & Soccer seem to grab the headlines

How many Match Officials this Weekend "Yourmatesam" - No Games in Wagga this Weekend- which should put a strain on the already limited resources !!

PS - Folau has to go - entitled to his beliefs but completely contradict those of his Employer- and he has been warned

His comments seem to coincide with Lent & Easter

I used to blame the DA for this, I’ve also heard that certain clubs aren’t great with the contact with the DA so it may very well be a club issue. I think the SIRU office could do more with the website, however I reckon their social media platforms are strong. Not as good as the old days of Mick McTaggerts weekly previews however.

Agree re Folau. What a peanut.

I agree re selections bar the Ag College one. Think they’ll do Leeton in a close one.

Will be interesting to see the teams this week. Will there be changes at Tahs?

Side note, I personally don’t see an issue with Jack playing for Tumut, has family links to the town. We’ve had multiple DO’s play footy and for Jack (understand he’s not a DO) to play and travel to an out of town club I can’t see the issue. Being in his current Employ shouldn’t preclude him from playing the game he loves, and surely its better to have him in a rural club rather than in Wagga.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I used to blame the DA for this, I’ve also heard that certain clubs aren’t great with the contact with the DA so it may very well be a club issue. I think the SIRU office could do more with the website, however I reckon their social media platforms are strong. Not as good as the old days of Mick McTaggerts weekly previews however.

I reckon you're on the money there mate, clubs can do their bit to help out the DA. Maybe Micky Mac could moonlight here on GAGR? Maybe he already does??

Side note, I personally don’t see an issue with Jack playing for Tumut, has family links to the town. We’ve had multiple DO’s play footy and for Jack (understand he’s not a DO) to play and travel to an out of town club I can’t see the issue. Being in his current Employ shouldn’t preclude him from playing the game he loves, and surely its better to have him in a rural club rather than in Wagga.

This has been a debate for years and years. I don't see what the problem is, don't we want our CRM and DO's involved in our local competition? They get a feel for what's happening around the grounds and hone their skills etc. Personally I reckon they need to be involved in the local comp, get to know the folks around the joint, what else do we expect of them?

And bonus points for being involved with a club outside the Citadel.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
How many Match Officials this Weekend "Yourmatesam" - No Games in Wagga this Weekend- which should put a strain on the already limited resources !!

RD2 has all 1st Grade matches covered, 2nds in Albury and Leeton are covered. Not ideal but doing the best with what we've got.

RD3 looks like we'll be ok also with a similar coverage of games at this stage.

I didn't realise that Leeton are at home for the first 4 weeks of the comp, I wonder what effect this will have for them later in the season?

We've also just had word of a handy referee from Sydney who is moving to the area on a work placement for 6 weeks mid-season. Sounds like he's keen to see a bit of the Riverina while he's down this way and we'll accommodate him wherever we can.

In the one CTA match that I saw over the weekend, I was impressed with the law knowledge on display. There are plenty of people out there in the local footy community who have the ability to be moulded into good referees, we just need to keep them plugging along.

The Wise One

Frank Row (1)
It doesn't matter if the Rugby Manager or the Development Officers play for clubs. They have every right to play the game or to be associated with a Club.
As far as problems go regarding accusations or situations such as Tumut v Leeton last year the community manager refers these matters on to an appointed investigation officer, as per the Code of Conduct/Judicial procedures mention. Any other matters that don't fit into this category would be dealt with by following the Rules of Competition set by SIRU that all clubs were provided with for feedback.
As far as this matter is concerned it is a dead issue.