• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2019

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Hope Reddies can keep improving. Really interesting to see if Bulls and Phantoms can test these 2 top teams. Aggies and Waratahs stand out already this season. Blacks should beat Steamers up here. We’ve had big no.s at training this week. Am I reading it correctly from Mauler? The red card from Aggies got a 1 week suspension?

Yeah I read in the DA that it received a 1 week suspension.
I agree re the Reddies. 8 sides that can compete if not win when they click is a far better outcome for all.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I don’t want to re ignite old wounds but a suspension of only 1 week sort of supports the view that the red was soft. Especially if it was a turning point in the game.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
From what I can see on the SIRU Website the next match to be streamed will be Waratahs v Griffith which is a shame - It should be the Match Of the Round !!(Aggies v City)

My understanding is the first half of the year every club get coverage at least once then the second will be a match of the round, I understand what your saying but if the clubs are all paying for it then they should all benefit from it. I think it's a good way of going about it and much better coverage than SIRU has ever had before.

(Not sure if I'm allowed to say something positive about SIRU ;))

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
It's Wednesday Night and the Teams haven't even been announced yet ??

It doesn't appear if there has been much interest from the Players and SIRU isn't Streaming the match

Mauler may have an update but his recent silence has been deafening

Just as the Comp was kicking into gear we have another Bye for a Gimmicky Rep Game that can't even name their squads in the Middle of the Week

I reckon some of the Juniors matches in Leeton Sunday will be better to watch

But for what it's worth - C'Mon Country

Wondered when tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber would get back on this.
I’ll spell it or to you again....
“Rep isn’t organised to please your archaic wants!”
Not interested, don’t worry about it.
I’m sure there will be a heap of kids at the junior gala day on Sunday who will be really excited to be involved with the rep players. Who will be helping out during the junior gala day and playing afterwards. You know one of the main reasons for this whole weekend was junior/senior rugby working together. But again from a bloke who’d prefer potshots this doesn’t fit the narrative.

Get over it... have a week off and go to the snow because it must be so exhausting being this obsessed with something and not getting your way.

I wonder how the 45 players who are keen feel about disappointing you. I’m sure they lose sleep over it.
Spare me

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Some good positive news here.

Good luck to Noah Hargreaves from Tumut on his trial with the ACT schools this weekend.
A really good young man with buckets of talent. Hope he does well

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Good morning Mauler. Well done Noah and good luck. Hope the rep day goes OK. Not off to the best of starts though with the late announcement of teams.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Just asking for a mate.
Are we all as hard on clubs for not naming sides in the DA/Area news by Thursday morning?
Also just because they’re not in the DA doesn’t mean they’re not finalised. We all know how slow/accurate they can be at times

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
City Representative Squad: Gabe Brown – WAC Bede Funnell - Waratahs Matt Harris - WAC Jacob Holt - CSU
Eddie Lagaali – Wagga City Pat Lemmich - WAC Tasman Kuhn - WAC Jake Makeham - Waratahs Andrew Martin – Wagga City Liam Mowbray - WAC Callum Ramm - Waratahs Lochlan Ramm – WAC Ratu Rodua – Wagga City Nathan Seymour – Wagga City Dean Smart - CSU Jayden Stanton – Wagga City Tareq Sorial - WAC Oliver Telfer - CSU Michael Tuilau – Wagga City Luke Turner - WAC Robert Wiltshire – Waratahs

Country Representative Squad: Timothy Carrol – Albury Andries De Meyer – Griffith Stephen Gill – Tumut Stuart Govan – Tumut Darren Higgins - Deniliquin Ben Howitt – Deniliquin Apimeleki Kaloudonu – Griffith Liam Krautz – Albury Brayden McMaster – Griffith Tom Mouat – Tumut Eroni Naua – Leeton Seremia Jerry Navia – Leeton Matt Parisotto – Griffith Wah Paw – Leeton Coen Potter – Tumut
Neori Raika Qaranivalu – Griffith Sainivalati Ratudradra – Leeton Semi Rokodinono– Leeton Vaughn Scott – Tumut David Serukai – Griffith Soropepeli Soqe – Leeton Naseri Taifai – Griffith Sitiveni Watkins - Leeton

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Tweedledumb here Mauler. Siru promoting this Sunday as best Wagga city v best Siru country. 7 Griffith players ( lowest team in Country Rep Squad drawing area). 3 Wagga Waratahs players ( highest team in City rep drawing area).

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Tweedledumb here Mauler. Siru promoting this Sunday as best Wagga city v best Siru country. 7 Griffith players ( lowest team in Country Rep Squad drawing area). 3 Wagga Waratahs players ( highest team in City rep drawing area).

You’re better than this mate. WAC and City both higher than tahs on ladder and tahs actually have 4 players selected. Another selected for ASRU had also nominated.
Albury lowest ranked country side.
It’s lazy to just look at numbers from the clubs

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
My last comment on the rep squad.

There are 45 players who’ve made themselves available to play, assist at the Gala day and represent their clubs and the region. Every snide comment question why the best aren’t playing is a cowardly insult towards them. You fellas have zero idea why blokes don’t make themselves available and your opinion on who the best is might not necessarially be the same as the selectors.

Just enjoy the day for what it is. A chance to see a different game give the SIRU selectors a chance to pick their squad for June and to see senior footy get involved with junior footy for the good of the future.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
When was the 3rd bye. I can only think Easter and this weekend?

Congrats to Blake Hart from Tahs on selection in the Aus Army team.
I’m sure he will do well.

Massive in for Albury for the rest of the season with Liam Krautz back

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Congrats to Blake Hart from Tahs on selection in the Aus Army team.
I’m sure he will do well.
Well done Blake, that's a cracking effort. Also a big ask for his employer to release him for that, that takes rugby people to support him also, well done to all.

Massive in for Albury for the rest of the season with Liam Krautz back
A handy footballer, from memory Liam has been either a past winner of the Bill Castle Medal, possibly a runner up? Either way, you're right - a great posting for the Steamers.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Albury big improvers as season progresses. With Maulers news of Liam Krautz’s return they’ll definitely push some of the top teams.